[REL] GUI Editor 3.1.3

Remp

- the images are changed based on the assumption that you haven't replicated all your own images into the guieditor/images folder, modified their paths in the code and added them to the meta. I could perhaps attempt to load original images first and replace if it fails

- i think you're right about the dxtext, it was probably just a case of it being too much work at the time to be worth it

- http://bugs.mtasa.com/view.php?id=5090 - i have been hoping this would get fixed so i could add scrollpanes/scrollbars, but its been a while with no activity. Could probably 'fix' them in the same way i do dx stuff (mask them with a gui label to catch the mouse activity and just pretend its really a scrollpane) but its not very nice and much harder to work with

- gridlists are just not very easy to manipulate in-game (with mouse click-through problems and so on), but its been a while since i looked so i'll try again

- Could you be more specific about share? it uses the same code as the editor does, so it shouldn't be any more buggy than normal saving or loading is

Thanks for the feedback, i will look into these when i can

• 3 months later...

Updated to 2.4.1:

- fixed superfluous label settings

- added gridlist item text and colour options

- the editor now attempts original image loading before reverting to mtalogo.png

- added scrollpanes and scrollbars (really just placeholders, functionality is very limited)

- fixed dx text alignment

- fixed code output date

- when changing dx text the old text now fills in correctly

- fixed a few code output bugs

I tried adding the scrollbars and scrollpanes but they currently don't do much other than move/resize, it's mostly for the convenience of being able to visually design them. There are a few outstanding bugs with undo/redo and loading existing scrollpanes/bars from other gui's, but I cant see a way to fix these. Getting them this far was more of a struggle than i expected and any proper support isn't really possible with current mta bugs (this also applies for combo boxes, which i won't even attempt to add)

• 6 months later...

hey, i know its a bump, but will this get updated?

imo it needs some tweaks and additions.

my suggestions:

1)dropdown support.

2)dropdowns instead of edits where possible.

3)some more options added to tab pane right click,a bility to set movable/resizable on the fly.

4)ability to change the gui by changing something in the print memo(imo would be very useful).

5)no more typing true/false edits, radio buttons instead.

6)radio buttons/checkboxes added to right click menus for some settings like rel/abs (windows office 2010 style).

my suggestions:

1)dropdown support.

3)some more options added to tab pane right click,a bility to set movable/resizable on the fly.

4)ability to change the gui by changing something in the print memo(imo would be very useful).

6)radio buttons/checkboxes added to right click menus for some settings like rel/abs (windows office 2010 style).

Dont forget the scrollpanes ;)

my suggestions:

1)dropdown support.

Scrollbars (?)

my suggestions:

1)dropdown support.

Scrollbars (?)

theres scroolpanes too btw...

my suggestions:

1)dropdown support.

Comboboxes will not be added until mta is fixed

Everything else is probably doable but i don't know how hard it would be. Keep in mind that the original scope of this was never meant to handle any of this kind of stuff, the last few updates have really been hacked in and the code is not very pretty

someone NEEEDS to update guieditor even if it has to someone other than Remp....

Are these things really that critical? If someone else wants to add them then feel free, i will keep it in mind but cannot promise i will have time to get them done

Benxamix2 someone needs to stop you from posting unneeded posts, and people have their own projects to tend to.

Whatever (btw your post is as much unneeded as mine).

It would be good that you guys stop asking Remp to update GUI Editor like that, like if Remp has nothing else to do...

If you want an updated GUI Editor, you know you can help him by adding some code, huh.

Me? I use QT Designer because I always prefer the real "Windows" UI :P

Benxamix2 someone needs to stop you from posting unneeded posts, and people have their own projects to tend to.

Whatever (btw your post is as much unneeded as mine).

It would be good that you guys stop asking Remp to update GUI Editor like that, like if Remp has nothing else to do...

If you want an updated GUI Editor, you know you can help him by adding some code, huh.

Me? I use QT Designer because I always prefer the real "Windows" UI :P

scroll panes work in it? i forgot about QT DEsigner!! Btw Kayl has left MTA and I dont know who will host it from now on.. (dkr is dying)

@You two:

DKR is not dying, we are reinventing the server and revamping our community. Only the name will change, all of the people will stay. Please refrain from spreading rumours when you clearly do not understand what we are doing.

We will continue to host Kayl's QT to Lua if he is happy for us to do so.

Offtopic :

We are reinventing the server and revamping our community.

I readed that on DKR's homepage.

Only the name will change...

So, the link will change too ?

All of the people will stay.

All? Even banned one's ? No.

Please refrain from spreading rumours when you clearly do not understand what we are doing.

I understand what you guys are doing, it clearly says "[1.1 temporary]"

Edited by Guest

I was confirming misinformation in your posts, I didn't need an essay response, nor a response at all frankly, doing so is only hijacking Remp's thread. But just to confirm further misinformation in your subsequent post:

Just saying, it's not in top 3, but great work anyway.
Server Rank

Overall Rank: 27 / 179824 (99th %ile)

Game Rank: 3 / 1223 (99th %ile)

Country Game Rank: 1 / 143 (100th %ile)

City Game Rank: 1 / 17 (100th %ile)

Please don't respond to this post, return to the topic.

Well, okay. Thank you for the information Oz. Will you still host for QtToLua and I'm sorry for my mistake. CapY, why did you say 'we' - I didn't even say that; all i meant to say was that DKR is ending and therefore they might shut down the website.

Please. STOP TALKING ABOUT DKR. That's pretty off-topic. At least create a topic on Servers subforum.

Back to topic: If you guys want GUI Editor updated, you can do it yourselves. Remp surely has other things in mind. But if you are OK with it (or use other tools), don't ask Remp like this:

You should update GUI Editor, man

As simple as that.

Hope Remp will do it, but if he wants to, and have time for.