SA-MP Was Shut Down.

DarkLight

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news for MTA!
We gave up! kaput!

And we don't wish to be a associated with this program anymore.

So please respect our copyright and license and do not distribute any of our files.

:D

Don't expect that most of us( SA-MP players) will move to MTA. Shuting down the master list doesnt mean that we will stop playing it.

I can assure that the 85% of players use the favorite list.

So long SA-MP! Those DDos attackers deserve a medal. LONG LIVE MTA!

Get a life idiot.

Good news for MTA!
We gave up! kaput!

And we don't wish to be a associated with this program anymore.

So please respect our copyright and license and do not distribute any of our files.

:D

Don't expect that most of us( SA-MP players) will move to MTA. Shuting down the master list doesnt mean that we will stop playing it.

I can assure that the 85% of players use the favorite list.

So long SA-MP! Those DDos attackers deserve a medal. LONG LIVE MTA!

Get a life idiot.

• MTA Team

[personal mode]Darklight, I do not see this as good news. It is sad to see how some people can destroy the hard work of others just because they don't agree with how things are handled. We have had our share of problems before and I can tell you it is not fun.

While at times we have had major differences with the SA-MP team and Kyeman we always tried to respect them. They gave us something to combat against, something for us to tackle. Now that aspect is gone. In the +5 years we have been active we have seen a lot of competition from a lot of different mods, SA-MP was the only one that could rival us and in some aspects even do better then us (hey, I still have my pride ;) )

@C3, if I ever see a post like that again you will be banned from these forums.

• MTA Team

[personal mode]Darklight, I do not see this as good news. It is sad to see how some people can destroy the hard work of others just because they don't agree with how things are handled. We have had our share of problems before and I can tell you it is not fun.

While at times we have had major differences with the SA-MP team and Kyeman we always tried to respect them. They gave us something to combat against, something for us to tackle. Now that aspect is gone. In the +5 years we have been active we have seen a lot of competition from a lot of different mods, SA-MP was the only one that could rival us and in some aspects even do better then us (hey, I still have my pride ;) )

@C3, if I ever see a post like that again you will be banned from these forums.

• MTA Team

The money they asked for was intended in the first place for keeping the services running, but the income would have been higher then that. It would have been legal, the only error he could have made if he had continued was not entering it in his taxes.

And yes, we have searched for ways to get some income ourselfs in the past, we did enough research but never continued with it.

• MTA Team

The money they asked for was intended in the first place for keeping the services running, but the income would have been higher then that. It would have been legal, the only error he could have made if he had continued was not entering it in his taxes.

And yes, we have searched for ways to get some income ourselfs in the past, we did enough research but never continued with it.

Calm down man. It's not like all samp players suddenly move to mta or something. Most of them probably don't even know a mod like this exists.

i did only because i only got into samp like 2 days before it shut down, i lkie MTA alot better anyways

Calm down man. It's not like all samp players suddenly move to mta or something. Most of them probably don't even know a mod like this exists.

i did only because i only got into samp like 2 days before it shut down, i lkie MTA alot better anyways

Would it not be illegal for Keyeman to make money off sa-mp to begin with

No, there is nothing against donations/contributions for someones work as long as it's completely voluntary of course (although people usually reward people who donate)

Technically, no. He was asking for donations in order for the servers to be listed on his server browser (none of which was coded / written by the GTA people) so... yes, the servers were playing GTA, but there was nothing about being listed on HIS server browser that GTA should have made money from. (Afaik.)

It's really a shame this has happened. This was a good mod, with a large player base, and some skilled programmers. It's a shame that it had to end over something so trivial. .... :arrow:

Would it not be illegal for Keyeman to make money off sa-mp to begin with

No, there is nothing against donations/contributions for someones work as long as it's completely voluntary of course (although people usually reward people who donate)

Technically, no. He was asking for donations in order for the servers to be listed on his server browser (none of which was coded / written by the GTA people) so... yes, the servers were playing GTA, but there was nothing about being listed on HIS server browser that GTA should have made money from. (Afaik.)

It's really a shame this has happened. This was a good mod, with a large player base, and some skilled programmers. It's a shame that it had to end over something so trivial. .... :arrow:

• MTA Team

:Rob, I can tell you that a lot of people who have worked with kye in the past have seen this coming for a long time. I myself am surprised that it didn't happen sooner. The DDoS attacks are not what ended SA-MP, all they did was push it over the edge.

• MTA Team

:Rob, I can tell you that a lot of people who have worked with kye in the past have seen this coming for a long time. I myself am surprised that it didn't happen sooner. The DDoS attacks are not what ended SA-MP, all they did was push it over the edge.

Well, I didn't want to outright say it was Kyeman's mindset or his actions that brought this about, since it really puts down (though.. it is true) on him and his work. But, since you've said it, yeah. I still think it's an awful way for it to go down. DDoS attacks can not just send messages, but actually do bad stuff. [Damage...] So if they wanted to send a message, they could have done things like shut down their official servers (the people who would have to pay, had it gone down the way Kye wanted it to) -- Because these are the servers that brought the most activity and players to the SAMP scene, it would have communicated a similar message without such drastic, or dare I say it, dramatic aftereffects.

Either way you cut it... it just sucks. :?

Edit: While I'm at it, I'll dedicate this YouTube Vid/Song to SA-MP's memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFjpWT3NAo

Disclaimer:

Yes, it's a bunch of Asian dudes lip-syncing and full on band-syncing to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now". Queen is badass. That is all.

Well, I didn't want to outright say it was Kyeman's mindset or his actions that brought this about, since it really puts down (though.. it is true) on him and his work. But, since you've said it, yeah. I still think it's an awful way for it to go down. DDoS attacks can not just send messages, but actually do bad stuff. [Damage...] So if they wanted to send a message, they could have done things like shut down their official servers (the people who would have to pay, had it gone down the way Kye wanted it to) -- Because these are the servers that brought the most activity and players to the SAMP scene, it would have communicated a similar message without such drastic, or dare I say it, dramatic aftereffects.

Either way you cut it... it just sucks. :?

Edit: While I'm at it, I'll dedicate this YouTube Vid/Song to SA-MP's memory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFFjpWT3NAo

Disclaimer:

Yes, it's a bunch of Asian dudes lip-syncing and full on band-syncing to Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now". Queen is badass. That is all.