Zombie Pedestrians

Guest Adeno_Sine

Hello, I would like to suggest to having some zombie pedestrians. I think the "drunk" animation is suitable for their shambling walk style. Maybe this could be an option for server operators to activate and deactivate whenever they feel like it (or when somebody wants to just make a dedicated gta zombie world to have fun in).

I'm sure a lot of gta players will appreciate having some zombies around to kill or annoy them :D

Zombie survival mode is 1 of my hopes for MTA in the future, but afaik the peds that will be in DP3 won't be very advanced. I'm not a scripter but I wonder if they could at least hurt a player if they got close enough through a script. As for animations, I'm not sure when those will come :?

This has certainly been suggested before and it would be a neat addition to include just for a bit of fun but I would want an objective or something instead of just shooting the buggers for countless hours or however long they are “activated” for.

A survival mode, as what Magus1724 said, would be interesting.

Times like these I wish I’d learnt to script.

I think the "drunk" animation is suitable for their shambling walk style.

Killing masses of bloodthirsty drunks, that would be funny. :P Another thing I'd like to see is being able to chop up zombies with the combine harvester.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I started working on this and had some pretty cool ideas but got frustrated when my AI script didn't work as well as I hoped. I might start it again. It's easier to do zombies than regular peds because they are not supposed to be intelligent and cannot use guns.

You could imitate the game 'Sims' with the new functions for peds :P Using onClientRender to put the camera watching from the sky. and using your mouse to click somewhere in the 3d world, then the ped walks to the point. Build a house with a sims like map editor xD and use the animation functions to let the bed(sim) watch tv, sleep, etc... :P (how retard)

You could imitate the game 'Sims' with the new functions for peds :P Using onClientRender to put the camera watching from the sky. and using your mouse to click somewhere in the 3d world, then the ped walks to the point. Build a house with a sims like map editor xD and use the animation functions to let the bed(sim) watch tv, sleep, etc... :P (how retard)

Or, you could just play The sims. Shocking idea, huh? :wink:

As for the suggestion itself, this would be useless for the devs to waste their time on... (if that was what you meant) scripting this wouldn't be hard when the ped commands/functions do get available... zombies aren't really famous for their keen intelligence, are they? :wink:

• 1 month later...

Well I was just thinking wouldn't it be easier just to make all the players into zombies (with the proper model and animations [i like the drunk one, suggested earlier]), all except 1 player who is trying to survive? Similar to the manhunt gamemodes we used to do, except only one man has a gun and the rest are just zombies, maybe a melee weapon or two. :)

i have played it and its alot of fun.

although i like the zombie mod for counter strike source more :)

this is what i would like to see:

special maps for zombie mode with lots of hide out places for the survivors(lol in css zombie mod often barricade myself in a small room with some furniture infront of the door and then when the zombies come you have to shoot the furniture or they will come in ,i often start screaming as a little school girl)LOL!!!!!!

any ways maps cannot be too big so maybe purely custom maps would be cool.

zombies need to have some extra power like beeing able to walk faster and way more hp.

special zombie skins.

maybe also zombie escape maps(this is when you have to escape from a certain area because its gonna be bombed for example) but not only that you also have zombies trying to zombifie you ,i play it alot and its rlly intense. <(^.^)>

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Zombies in San Andreas would be amusing. Nuclear powerplant accident? :lol:

I really can't wait to see regular pedestrians.

To be honest I have spent a bit of time (over the past two years. )looking for a mod that would allow multiplayer games with bots.

Unfortunately, there are none. In fact, most of the GTA multiplayer projects I have seen to completely resent the idea.

I don't understand why... it would be awesome to go on drivebys with friends.

A pedestrian killing minigame would be fun too. Set a timer and plow and shoot down civilians as fast as you can.

Deathmatches with pedestrians to get caught in the crossfire would make for some truley comedic gameplay, in my opinion.

:D

Zombies in San Andreas would be amusing. Nuclear powerplant accident? :lol:

I really can't wait to see regular pedestrians.

To be honest I have spent a bit of time (over the past two years. )looking for a mod that would allow multiplayer games with bots.

Unfortunately, there are none. In fact, most of the GTA multiplayer projects I have seen to completely resent the idea.

I don't understand why... it would be awesome to go on drivebys with friends.

A pedestrian killing minigame would be fun too. Set a timer and plow and shoot down civilians as fast as you can.

Deathmatches with pedestrians to get caught in the crossfire would make for some truley comedic gameplay, in my opinion.

:D

Problem is, it seems that most of the ped control functions will be client-side, so it won't be too easy controlling them in a sensible way.