Ped support?

Most notable new scripting functions:

- Ped support

Hello this is Ganja, I was wondering about what you meant when you said Ped Support, Did you mean pedestrians walking around etc or did you mean one little man standing in one location selling drugs or guns etc.

PLease can you explain what was meant, so the community may realise what is being said.

Thank you very much in advance

DaGanjaMan

Well i sure hope so, rather a tester or someone commented on that :)

Or maybe a video or picture showing that.

So many views but so little comments....Little worrying considerin imagine if it was just a person that is standing in one position all day like the amunation etc, Please a tester or someone re-assure us that by 'ped support' you meant pedestrians walking around etc.

Thanks,

Ganja

will they be able to shoot etc?

I was opening a topic to ask the same thing... :mrgreen:

Peds will be only dummies with a stupid IA or will they be able to do something particular, i.e. attacking a specific player with a specific weapon?

will they be able to shoot etc?

I was opening a topic to ask the same thing... :mrgreen:

Peds will be only dummies with a stupid IA or will they be able to do something particular, i.e. attacking a specific player with a specific weapon?

As you can find >>THIS<< function in the wiki i guess peds will be able to shoot =)

As you can find >>THIS<< function in the wiki i guess peds will be able to shoot =)

But it lacks a setPedTask or setPedSimplestTask. What this could mean is that peds can interact in the GTA world like in SP (peds talking to each other or fighting over turfs) but can not be forced to attack "real" players. But this is just a speculation based on what is on the wiki right now. Most functions are "getting" instead of "setting".

• 2 weeks later...
Ped support is very premative at this time. Right now they can do basic tasks but its not very advanced yet. For now they are unable to drive vehicles or shoot weapons. It is a matter of adding and syncing the more advanced tasks that allow for these functions.
When DP3 is out, will they be improved enough so they would be able to shoot or drive, or will we just have a bunch of unsuspecting citizens waiting around to get shot and run over? I guess either way it's a hell of a lot better than nothing but it would be great to be able to at least fight with them. :P
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...