Atti

Before the MTA release Blokker_1999 said that the ALT+TAB feature was useless because "a recent PC can load GTA:SA in 20 seconds".

Yeah, it's true, you can with GTA:SA, but not with MTA.

Or at least, my pc needs at least a minute / half and a minute to entirely load everyting. And then... you should select the server and wait, wait, wait.

So, with MTA using internal server browser I need about 2 minutes to play, using ASE i need half and a minute.

In SA-MP in 30 seconds you can play, and this is a great problem for the hurried italian community (perhaps they'll lose their taxi waiting 30 seconds more), and every italian server is sorrowfully EMPTY.

So, is there a way to reduce a bit this loading time? Or at least can someone explicate me why MTA needs so much time to load?

Thx. :wink:

Ok, now I've noticed a thing. There's my friend that loads MTA in 10-15 seconds.

He's got a dualcore vs my pentium 4, and 2 GB RAM vs my 1 GB.

I dunno how is the situation abroad, but here in Italy a lot of players have not got a dual core. Could be this the problem?

I dont have an amazing computer and MTA takes about as long as single-player to load for me (ignoring any wait for connecting to a server or downloading files), it doesn't do much on startup apart from read a few xml files ( configs ), it could take a while if these files are unusually large.

My older pc (2002 2.4ghz P4, 1gb ram, n6600) can run decent providing I cut back to 800x600x32 and cut the draw distance a little. Also note window mode isn't intended for playing (only scripting), it will cause more tension on your framerate. It does go to about 20fps on FMJ 0.5 or simad server, probably due to all the cars. This should be improved in DP3.

I've got no problems playing, i get 40+ fps stable. The problem is the loading time of the main menu, that is unusually long. Is there a way to know at least WHAT slows it down so much?

EDIT: 99% solved. Let me talk with Tiduzzo on MSN and if it's ok i'll post the solution (re-install OWNz, however).

Before the MTA release Blokker_1999 said that the ALT+TAB feature was useless because "a recent PC can load GTA:SA in 20 seconds".

Alt+Tab is NOT useless, especially in stealth.

I dont want to watch a player's butt for 2 minutes. Especially when they begin camping again.

Also, in RPG servers, or as an admin, you sometimes need additional information.

ATM I use windowed for such "issues", but ALT+TAB would be nice, though.