[REQ] Mobile submarine and aircraft carrier

XetaQuake

good idea!

can somebody make me a script that the submarine is attached to ONE dingy? so not all dingys but one?

or isnt this possibly because the ID is the same on every dingys?

What ID? This is not SA:MP where vehicles have IDs, here vehicles are elements.

If the submarine has collision then how would you get in the dinghy which is inside the submarine?

If the submarine has collision then how would you get in the dinghy which is inside the submarine?

Use a command or an enter marker that is attached to the submarine but i think you still have to disable the collision of the submarine because the normal 3rd person camera of the dinghy would be blocked by the collision of the submarine...

• 2 weeks later...

nice that's realy good!

but here a 2 reasons why i dont want to use this method:

1. In MTA:DM custom vehicles are white, only when the client reconnect the vehicle get a working texture, that's a little bit strange for the players :cry:

2. ca. 6MB its a little bit to much, and not so good for the server traffic :lol:

1. In MTA:DM custom vehicles are white, only when the client reconnect the vehicle get a working texture, that's a little bit strange for the players :cry:

not really, normally that happens because the textur isn't loaded before it's applied to the vehicle so either you fix the script so it works or you just call the replace function twice then it should work too

hmm ok but i think this script is correct

function replaceModel() 
  txd = engineLoadTXD ( "hunter.txd" ) 
  engineImportTXD ( txd, 425 ) 
  dff = engineLoadDFF ( "hunter.dff", 425 ) 
  engineReplaceModel ( dff, 425 ) 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), replaceModel) 

then try my second suggestion:

function replaceModel() 
  setTimer (replaceModel, 1000, 1) 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()), replaceModel) 

ca. 6MB its a little bit to much, and not so good for the server traffic :lol:

6MB is too much yes... maybe someone can make the tropic model, but with the solid stuff of the carrier... and then just attach the carrier model to it. You could also make the model really simple, like 1 small square [model], and 1 huge square [solid], and then attach the carrier model to it. I don't even know if that's possible as I'm not a modder, but just telling you my idea's

hmm the speed is ok for a aktion game i think, but its very sad that the submarine/dingy can´t diving.

so i think the dingy is perfect for the aircraft carrier, but there is the problem that i need collisions for the aircraft carrier

isnt it possible to disable collisions only to other vehicles and leave it enabled for players?

Now i have try it a little bit:

its still the same: SetTimer make problems for the clients, the model replace EVERY TIME in a rhythm from 1 second (because setTimer (replaceModel, 1000, 1))

after ca. 1 minute the client crash, i think its because the model replace and replace and replace....

see the movie, it explain the problem perfect: http://www.xup.in/dl,78140261/Film.wmv (by the way, the end from the movie is because i crash)

i think we need a timer that only replace the model only one times (Actually doing it already, i know, but it dont work yet)

here is my currently code:

function replaceModel() 
end 

anybody a idea to fix this strange problem?

function replaceModel() 
end 
addEventHandler ( "onClientResourceStart", getResourceRootElement(getThisResource()),  
    function() 
        replaceModel() 
    end 
) 

Something like that to just replace it twice (untested).

WOW :shock::shock::shock:

i_t__w_o_r_k_s :D

thanks!

so problem 1 is solved, now the second problem:

2. ca. 6MB its a little bit to much, and not so good for the server traffic

But i dont know how you all can help me with this, i think i need to search a model that is not so big or so.

Thanks for all!

so problem 1 is solved, now the second problem:
2. ca. 6MB its a little bit to much, and not so good for the server traffic

But i dont know how you all can help me with this, i think i need to search a model that is not so big or so.

Thanks for all!

That can't be solved unless you create your own low polygon version of the carriers. That's the price you'll have to pay for wanting to have that model in you game mode :lol: .

• 1 month later...