Not enough players!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I made a topic like this a while back. I think its just that race is more stable, and that it is only a developer preview, as soon as the full version with map editor and more gamemodes is released, the players will all switch. (and when the race gamemode is tidied up)

Eehhh Question:

I want race back, but where can I download it?:D

Thanks!

I made a topic like this a while back. I think its just that race is more stable, and that it is only a developer preview, as soon as the full version with map editor and more gamemodes is released, the players will all switch. (and when the race gamemode is tidied up)

Eehhh Question:

Thanks!

On the Downloads page. If you go to it from the forums (link up top by news, about mta etc) then you will find the page before DM came out.

However, if you find the current Downloads page, it says archived versions are held by gonnaplay.com :)

Eehhh Question:

Thanks!

On the Downloads page. If you go to it from the forums (link up top by news, about mta etc) then you will find the page before DM came out.

However, if you find the current Downloads page, it says archived versions are held by gonnaplay.com :)

youve been successful lol, tomorrow it will be

27 players

22 players

10 players

4 players

etc..

:wink: but as i said before, i think theyll all come. it takes some time.

My friends and I play until the cheaters show up, which doesn't seem to take long. It's not much fun when you have an invincible guy warping around the map killing everyone.

My friends and I play until the cheaters show up, which doesn't seem to take long. It's not much fun when you have an invincible guy warping around the map killing everyone.

Yeah that is funked up.

But with the awesome new Serial Ban system, its even eaisier to keep the cheaters out. (if the server's admins know what they are doing)

yeah, i know what its like, concidering im an admin in my own server, when i see somone who is suspected of hacking, i go into spectate mode (thru the admin panel) and keep a watch on them for a while..... of if the admin panels spectate dosent work (90% of the time) i just spectate the old fashioned way, with a jetpack.

but i like to make sure of my bans before i make them.

I have been banned in many servers for various random things in the old MTA race, stuff like swearing in Team Nir's server, Beating records on maps in servers run by admins on 486's with 1MB of graphics ram and 16K of EDO ram. (that a bit of an exadguration, but i know a lagger when i see one)

but yeah, i know what its like.

what server was this that you got banned in? as i would love to put my skills in the mix :-) (and film it, and if banned, put the vid in thier forums, showing how much of an arse caning i gave him._

Within time this will fix.Don`t forget MTA:DM is still at the BETA stage.There are lots of bugs for Race lovers to quit, plus the SA-MP community is huge, and is a real opponent.When the Map Editor is released and when the full version comes out, I`m sure MTA will get the attention it deserves. :P

About that, I would like to say something.

I think the player number won't increase, final release or not, and it is not mta's fault; I think the major reason why people don't want to play mta is because when you connect, the only servers with a decent number of players are freeroam servers...now, I don't mean to flame, but seriously, who in the world would want to play freeroam all the time ?

I mean you have a wonderfull software, which is mta, you could play team based mode with true objectives, short said: a real game...but no, some still insist by bringing up their freeroam server on every page.

I think those server owners are doing more bad than good; perhaps they should put team deathmatch or anything team based instead, that makes people want to play...

If you waited for mta to put freeroam online, well you missed the point. It's as if you had a ferrari, but you only drive the car for 500 meters then go back home. A waste of potential.

The tool is here, works like a charm. If the users don't make a good use of it, don't even hope more people will come; appart that bunch of people who play freeroam all the time, no one new will come.

I haven't written for a while on the boards but I'm firmly convinced that this is one major reason why mta can't "take off"; I hope people will agree and try to make a good use of the mod, so to say.

Best regards

If you waited for mta to put freeroam online, well you missed the point. It's as if you had a ferrari, but you only drive the car for 500 meters then go back home. A waste of potential.

The tool is here, works like a charm. If the users don't make a good use of it, don't even hope more people will come; appart that bunch of people who play freeroam all the time, no one new will come.

this is correct. i really dont know why those freeroamers were waiting for mta... singleplayer or sa:mp do a good freeroam job...

i would relly like to see about 20 servers of TDMA and CTF filled up with 25 of 32 players.

Well, I think the main reason why players aren't joining is because of the serial number generation bug. Anyone downloading DP2 and trying to install will not get a serial number generated, therefor won't be able to join any servers.

I don't know about the freeroam servers, but I find RPG servers fun to play, if they're done right. I mean an RPG server with nothing to do exept drive around is boring, but if you include enough missions and things to do (Gang wars, robberies, race events, DM events), it can turn up pretty good. The reason why ppl were waiting for MTA for freeroam/rpg servers is because the scripting functions in MTA gives you alot more control over the gamemode.

Paul_Blair is so right about freeroam! I mean, I really really really looked forward to freeroam. I've almost never played deathmatch in mta vc 0.5 and I never will play deathmatch in this new release I guess. Freeroam offers a lot more opportunities and fun. And... the RPG elements rule! Freeroam does not nessecarily have to be boring or for lamers who don't want to get there hinies shot. With the scripting possibilities and with weapons enabled, freeroam can be chaos and fun. Hmm even without weapons it's fun, except if you encounter a lot of cheating lamers with weapons which they use against you :P if they just stick with shooting your enemies and act as your personal bodyguard, I can live with those cheaters :P Hmmm I've got a lot of ideas to make freeroam even more fun and I'm willing to script. Well, now I only have to make time :P But anywayz, freeroam is what I was waiting for... deathmatch and stuff seem so restricted and really bounded to me... that's why I want freeroam :P It's just GTA where you cruise around and bash people and now you can do it with your friend and do a lot of other cool stuff LOL. It's just a matter of taste, really... I'm not a big fan of deathmatch while others are... and some people just like to race! But that's one of the strengths of MTA, cuz you can have it all! :D

Hmmm oh yeah, you're right... wel anyway, it shows MTA has great potential :P so basically... he sees freeroam like errr.. some sort of lobby where you can choose games or whatever. Or even just like single player GTA with missions and stuff. Hmm, okay :P could be fun, but seems utopia

i agree, i don't understand why there are so few (and by few i mean NONE) servers with the Assault game mode, that game mode is the best part of MTA because it is clear to everyone what he has to do, shooting of team mates is disabled and you actually go around killing the other team with a purpose.

if i compare that to other game modes freeroam is kind of nice, but you can't do much else than create cars and drive around in them, maybe make a little race or something, but it's boring in the long run.

Classic Deathmatch: sounds like fun, but it definatly IS NOT FUN if there are 10 players in the server, all the spawnpoints are in different parts of los santos so you have to drive a loooong way to get to opponents. and then they usually run away in fear or they play like freeroam and go drive up to mount chilliad. in the end out of 10 players in the server 3 are on chilliad, 4 run away instead of fighting, 1 is AFK, 1 is the far east of the city and you are in the west of the city with no car to get to the other side

Capture the vehicle: basically the same story as with classic deathmatch. the area is too big and nobody cares about the vehicle (although if they cared and cooperated it would be great)

Hay: awesome, i played only this for the first week of MTA. but then i got to the top of the ultimate 125 lvl haystack and it was no fun anymore. but great work programmers, genious idea :). but you get tired of it after you get to the top

Race: lag

Team deathmatch: similar to Assault, it forces noobs not to kill their teammates and it stops people from leaving a small area. but not enough servers have it.

as a conclusion i would like to say:

-more team deathmatch and assault servers

-less freeroam servers

-smaller spaces for players to move in in classic DM and capture the vehicle (use of the whole map only in freeroam)

-this mod has enormous potential compared to SA:DM, but it's not using it at the moment, i hope that gets fixed when the non-beta version comes out

potential reasons I have come up with:

anticheat needed

installation (serial) issues for some people

controller support

lots of people not understanding gamemodes (not seeing f9 for help, not enough in-your-face help)

few quality scripts that hold your attention long atm (the classic dm is pretty dull it needs redoing)

some sort of bug with many scripts on 1st release (just not totally prepared really, there was other things to take care of)

release of map editor

lack of major servers (or at least none showing daily playercounts) except in UK

most of all, people used to the style of sa:mp and mta not having much near that style of game yet

As you wrote about fr, there was commands but no help for it and at release telling people the commands would have lead to serious abuse. It wasn't really ready of usage in servers imo. The freeroam script running now is however, as it provides a menu of options and has sanctions against abusive actions like grabbing a minigun.

There is tons of stuff for MTA just waiting to be created, hopefully good scripts will be released soon, and you can see them through the community (click the picture on main page http://www.mtasa.com ). I'm currently trying to make a drugwars game but I have a busy life right now so might be awhile...

Post your complaints about MTA, we'd like to know what you want most.

might be lame but what i truly mis is weapons in freeroam alot of people had complaints about it.

i would just like to go to an ammunation and buy guns and stuff so you would also need ways to make money im not sure but i think i have seen in some servers they actually have stunts bonusus enabled so maybe that would be an option or just give everybody a shit load of money when they start or give ehm a small gun so they can earn there money by killing other peeps. just an idea :idea::mrgreen:

might be lame but what i truly mis is weapons in freeroam alot of people had complaints about it.

i would just like to go to an ammunation and buy guns and stuff so you would also need ways to make money im not sure but i think i have seen in some servers they actually have stunts bonusus enabled so maybe that would be an option or just give everybody a :~ load of money when they start or give ehm a small gun so they can earn there money by killing other peeps. just an idea :idea::mrgreen:

Whether weapons are available or not depends on the server. It's a simple setting that admins can change. If you're talking about AlienX's server, there's a Weapons Area somewhere where weapons are allowed. You may find other freeroam servers where weapons are allowed everywhere, or you could start your own.

And I don't really agree about the money. Money is for RPG servers. Freeroam is just roaming around over the map doing random stuff without a goal or purpose :).

Mieuws aka arc_, freeroam author

The problem with guns is just assholes killing people who don't want to be killed. I think a good idea to try for a freeroam server would be to set a flag eg... onPlayerJoin f1 is kill/be killed by guns and f2 is non-violent. You can have the ability to change it at anytime, with a delay in activation to avoid abuse. Then you could label the players in some manner so people know who they can and cannot shoot. An example of how to do this would be pointing at a player with a gun could show a label or an icon above the head similar to the one that pops up when typing in the chatbox on alienx freeroam. You could give timed bans (increasing times with # of offenses) for offenders.

A rebuttal to this is the problem of awkward kills in which the killer cannot be identified, but that problem exists already even without the presence of guns, so it isn't a factor since theres no better alternative currently. Like arc_ says, this would be another form of server-specific modification though, not the actual original freeroam script, as it should stay sort of generic for lack of better way to say it. If it was a popular modification of the script it could make its way to the resource center and etc I guess.