[REL] GUI Speedometer (with needle!) 0.1b

50p

I made a nice GUI speedometer with status icons of doors lock being locked/unlocked and lights being on/off.

I invited AlienX to see it on my server by saying it has a needle, otherwise he wouldn't have come (sorry AlienX, hehe).

Anyway, the speedo that AlienX saw is included but not used. This version has got a really nice needle rotating around!

The background (I called it a "disc") may be edited in the future version, since this one may be a bit boring.

Download:

http://files.filefront.com/speedo+discz ... einfo.html

Screenshots:

http://gallery.filefront.com/50p/126102/

Link to the new resources download (mtabeta.com):

http://www.community.multitheftauto.com/index.ph ... tails&id=8

Installation:

Paste .zip file to your server's "resources" folder

WARNING!

It takes long (up to 30 sec.!!!) to create 260 static images (needle's angles)! But after it's been created, it works as hell every time you enter/leave vehicle.

Edited by Guest
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sound's nice and i'd like to use it but for me the link is broken...

Link's fixed now.

Awesome! But 30 seconds? x.x

Needle has 260 images (each different angle). There is for loop which creates 259 images, I missed 1 while exporting images.

You can find the icons in speedometer.zip (/images/door_open.png, /images/door_closed.png).

Can't you just use 2 images? And alter the coordinates? Or make it digital then you need only 11 images.

If there was a function like guiRotate or guiSetRotation I'd use them.

You should download my older speedometer if you want digital: http://www.mtabeta.com/index.php?p=reso ... tails&id=5

thx for the link, i will test it soonly ! :P i think it won´t lagg like the analog one with the naddle^^ ;)

Edit:

At first, it doesn´t lagg, but when we were 5 people, it starts to lagg, almoast like the other one...^^ :(

what can i do?

ps: i´ve got a 32 slot server on a v-root server with 256 mb ram, 512 dynamic and 500 mhz prozessor :D so it´s not a very good root server but it´s only cost 15 euros per month...

Hey,

It works great, but theres one problem. When the speed is ~65km/h, the needle disappears. But when its 66, its back :D I checked there is every needle, so i dont know why it does it :S Do you?

Btw, it took about 10s to load the needles for me.

If you checked that all images are there it means that you didn't check it correctly :D there is "73.png" missing, I new about it because I was exporting all of the images manually! It took me 5 hours (whole night!) to create the gauge and the needles, because I wasn't thinking at that time (tiredness). The next day I made another needle in just 30 minutes. Simply created animation with 260 frames and exported it as a sequence of .png's and now no images are missing. The old needle was quiet heavy (~630kb), new one is half lighter (~330kb) it may speed-up loading all images.

Maybe on Sunday (3/02/2008) I'll do an update with a new needle, but for now have fun with the new background:

inscfbiqny.jpg

Have you placed the .zip in your server's "resources" folder?

Make sure to "refresh" your resources if the resource was installed while server was running. Just type "refresh" in the console (no quotation marks), you must be logged in as an admin. Then try to "start speedo_disc" again.

Just noticed this in the changelog ;)

Sat 02/02 - ChrML: Added dxDrawLine and tocolor script function. This is the first part of a set of low-level functions to draw primitives for one frame. Can be used as a lightweight way to make simple and dynamic stuff without hacking it up with heavy gui images. For example a speedometer needle.

Seems pretty targeted :P

Cloudy

Hey 50P

nice speedo. (i have been waiting for one this awesome)

but there is one small thing about it that im not a fan of.

the "Blurry" needle.

i dare say it would take forever for you to make a new one, and you probably wont do it because of how long it will take... but how about one of these...

pfmedium.ashx?pfid=3660&size=150

needle.png

also, on first getting in a vehicle in a server running this, the game locks up for about 10 ~15 seconds (prolly while its loading all the images) which makes me wonder, isnt there a way instead of using 260+ images, to instead just use 1 that rotates?