[REL] Join Image Resource

Tommis

Hey,

Very simple script, yet very powerful. Since lots of people have found this useful (to whom I have given it too), I thought I would release it. This is basicaly a script in which, after a player joins, it will display a full screen logo (no matter what resolution they are using) for 15 seconds. This picture will be put on top of everything including the chatbox. Some known bugs are;

- Player needs to download this resource. If he/she downloads it slow, will not display the first time

- Image is never displayed for the whole 15 seconds. All depends on how long it takes the players game to load into your server

- If you start adding more and more images to the players screen, might be hard to remove this one

This is a resource, just put it in your resources folder, refresh or restart your server and load this resource. It is called start. Other than that, enjoy!

http://www.x-serverz.com/downloads/start.zip

Cya,

Tommis

Regarding it not showing / for the correct length ...

You could just drop all your server code and just stick this at the end of onClientResourceStart() :

local screenWidth, screenHeight = guiGetScreenSize() 
setTimer(destroyElement,5000,1,guiCreateStaticImage(0, 0, screenWidth, screenHeight, 'serverlogo.jpg', false, nil)) 

See if it makes any difference.

Sky, if you want the logo to only show in a ceartian area of the screen, i would recomend making a 1024 x 768 pixel Transparent .png image, and putting your logo in the PNG image where you want it to appear on the player's screen.

Which is what im guessing Leetwoovie has done with his...

2220493878_21a32a8f82.jpg

• 2 years later...