Webmap Script Modification.

DazzaJay

can you tell me how ou got the scoreboard happening? please?

like the things to change in ACL?

Just did the same as i did for the map. I haven't changed the ACL yet but i'm assuming i just need to add scoreboard like to the people who are allowed to see it.

Not 100% sure though.

Stig, i noticed the one on your site still has the Send message box.

if you dont want just anyone in the public to be able to send messages direct to players from the map, get the recource from the following link:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... anddescr=1

The main reason i would reccomend this is, "The chat is only Inbound from the map, and people will more than likley use it to spam players.

Stig, i noticed the one on your site still has the Send message box.

if you dont want just anyone in the public to be able to send messages direct to players from the map, get the recource from the following link:

https://community.multitheftauto.com/index.php?p= ... anddescr=1

The main reason i would reccomend this is, "The chat is only Inbound from the map, and people will more than likley use it to spam players.

Ah yes completely forgot to change that lol

Thanks for pointing it out :D

EDIT:- fixed :D

i would like to modify the script a little, and host the map images myself, (mainly cos they just take so damn long to load, ive had 2000x2000 images load faster than a single block of the map.)

so can i get a copy of the default map images, and a point in the right direction of what to change so they load from where i host them?

Thanks.

can you tell me how ou got the scoreboard happening? please?

like the things to change in ACL?

Just did the same as i did for the map. I haven't changed the ACL yet but i'm assuming i just need to add scoreboard like to the people who are allowed to see it.

Not 100% sure though.

ya thats right

meh its tilecache thats slowing this script down i had it on localhost it took ages to render the images

Note to the MTA Team: the webSTATS and scoreboard have a white background with the INTERNET EXPLORER, can you change it to a transparent background in next releases? yes i can fix it myself, but i think now many peaple use the webSTATS and the scoreboard and dont know that it shows very stupid with the INTERNET EXPLORER

also there a many designs problems with the INTERNET EXPLORER on the resourcemanager, here is a example:

iescoreboardqk3.th.jpg

and

iewebstatsig1.th.jpg

Mostly i dont use the INTERNET EXPLORER but i am sure that some peaple use it :(

this post was just a note for the MTA Team!

We are having a problem with the scoreboard not auto resizing on SMF so can't scroll down to see the player list. Only shows about 4 players lol :redhotevil:

In the Iframe code, to make it scrolling, add scrolling="yes" to the iframe code before the sises of the box, that will enable scroll bars.

and also, anyone that still uses IE, even tho it is one of the biggest security holes in Windows, Is a complete moron, and i belive they can deal with a page that dosent look right, (with a button at the bottom that says GET FIREFOX or Opera, or whatever)

The neatest way to do what you're trying to do here would be to code the site using PHP and use the PHP sdk to pull the data from the game server. This will avoid using iframes and allow you to make it fit your design neatly.

Well, because im a lazy bugger, im just going to edit the Stylesheet (if it has one) and keep the iframe system. that way i will get it matching my site in a verry lazy manner.

I have attached the Playerblip i made for my Webmap (02.png), its just the Waypoint dot with a slight colour change.

02.png

Feel free to use it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...