MTA:SA dp2: settings registry -> fatal servercrash

R@bb.it

Hello,

I have built a script that makes use of the set() and get() commands, to save and retrieve persistant settings on the server's end.

This worked great during developer's preview 1 version of the server, but when I switched to dp2, it is causing a fatal server crash.

Symptoms:

-When storing data using set(), server hangs (windows is reporting that the server-program isn't responding anymore), using windows vista.

-On linux (redhat-based system), the same thing happens, except the server crashes immediately.

How to reproduce this:

-Create a script that performs some actions directly when it starts up (onResourceStart event for example)

-In this startup cycle of the script, put a set() command (with arguments ofcourse, for example: set("testdata", "this doesn't seem right does it?"), or store a variable, instead of the string I put there)

-Make sure the script is loaded into the server (no problems there)

-Start the script ---> CRASH

The issue only occurs when using SET(), not when using GET()

UPDATE:

-The issue also happens when I manually remove the settings.xml file (to enforce the server to start with a clean settings registry)

-The issue also happens when there is absolutely no other resource loaded. (I built a script to test the problem, containing 1 line of code (and ofcourse a metafile):

set("testdata", "Does not look good :P")

The server crashed directly when loading that 1-line script.

Hello,

I have built a script that makes use of the set() and get() commands, to save and retrieve persistant settings on the server's end.

This worked great during developer's preview 1 version of the server, but when I switched to dp2, it is causing a fatal server crash.

Symptoms:

-When storing data using set(), server hangs (windows is reporting that the server-program isn't responding anymore), using windows vista.

-On linux (redhat-based system), the same thing happens, except the server crashes immediately.

How to reproduce this:

-Create a script that performs some actions directly when it starts up (onResourceStart event for example)

-In this startup cycle of the script, put a set() command (with arguments ofcourse, for example: set("testdata", "this doesn't seem right does it?"), or store a variable, instead of the string I put there)

-Make sure the script is loaded into the server (no problems there)

-Start the script ---> CRASH

The issue only occurs when using SET(), not when using GET()

UPDATE:

-The issue also happens when I manually remove the settings.xml file (to enforce the server to start with a clean settings registry)

-The issue also happens when there is absolutely no other resource loaded. (I built a script to test the problem, containing 1 line of code (and ofcourse a metafile):

set("testdata", "Does not look good :P")

The server crashed directly when loading that 1-line script.

Script to reproduce the issue: http://www.colips.nl/files/setregistercrash.zip