Train Bug

Guest Flipkip*

Hey, I was driving a train at a freeroam server, also at others. And when you reach LS or go out of ls, it stops at the end of the city, like in Singleplayer when you have that roadblocks. So, maybe this can be fixed?

• 3 weeks later...

Think thats wacky?

i was in the Feared Gamers server when they were testing trains.... one person got in it.... in san fiero... and it went nutz... acting as if there were rails in places there werent, and other wacky stuff.

Flying train... well, the train acting like its on a track, even tho its going across grass, and so on..... also like driving straight down the track, then Bang, a 90degree turn into the docks....

when the driver got out, it was skitsing... and acting as if it had a mind of its own.

ive had a similar experience with trains i spawn one then it just goes nuts 40% of time i go past it it starts driving off at high speed and im the only person in server then most of time its never where i spawned it despite the formentioned fact its a test server

• 4 weeks later...

From what I've concluded, if you spawn trains on the left or right track, they will have the same behavior no matter what server your on. Either the train stops at 2 locations just like in SP when you have Road blocks or its the Invisible Rail near SF.

The thing is that I have no idea how to modify the rail system in order to attempt to edit or simply repair the bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

trainwayug7.th.jpg

I made some experiments recently and got some results on it.

This is a train course on picture, when spawning a train in Los Santos on righthand track heading North.

The arrow on map shows the direction of train move. And the track is righthanded regarding this direction.

1: this is the point where the train goes out of rail tracks and runs in wilderness :lol:

The train goes through the country on the same Z-coord. So it runs underground under the mesh, it flies in the sky. Behaves weird so to say :lol::lol:

2: this is the point in SF where the train again stands on rail tracks and goes to LS

3: this is the point of "no activity", geographically its the point where trains stop in singleplayer, when CJ is blocked in LS. In this point the train can be spawned, but it doest go ahaed, it can only move backwards away from LS.

On the tracks between these 1,2,3 points the train goes smoothly.

And what happens to the righthand track after the point 1? Well in near neigbourhood there is NO virtual track on it. Trains spawn only om lefthand track. As concerns LV and neighbourhood, I didnt experiment there yet. I just draw the way of LS train on the righthand track.

trainwayleftaa9.th.jpg

Here is the second experiment, I promised.

Now the train was spawn also in LS, but on the lefthand track of the rail. Also heading north (counter-clockwise move around the country).

As you can see on map this track is much better to use, than the righthand one. It has only two gaps, but covers almost complete country railway.

PS btw, I cant spawn a train to move "clockwise".. They all spawn only one-way: CCW. :( Any one can?

The righthanded track DOES NOT exist in northern part of SA. It circles that crappy way between LS-> point 1 -> SF (see first secreen) and doesnt exist in LV and the north.

So all tests done. If devs need some more info on the point. Just ask. :) Something should be done on that issue :)

• 3 weeks later...