Pc Performance

Guest thestrangestick2

Hey I have a PC with these stats:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Card name: ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4153)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4153&SUBSYS_2084148C&REV_00

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Now when I play DM, and this wasn't so much a problem in race, I only get about 22 fps max and often it lowers to 10-7 fps. Can this be improved with settings, for gta for example, or do I need to buy more RAM? And when I go into window mode the max is 15 fps

Hey I have a PC with these stats:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.66GHz (2 CPUs)

Memory: 1024MB RAM

Card name: ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Chip type: ATI Radeon Graphics Processor AGP (0x4153)

DAC type: Internal DAC(400MHz)

Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4153&SUBSYS_2084148C&REV_00

Display Memory: 256.0 MB

Current Mode: 1440 x 900 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Now when I play DM, and this wasn't so much a problem in race, I only get about 22 fps max and often it lowers to 10-7 fps. Can this be improved with settings, for gta for example, or do I need to buy more RAM? And when I go into window mode the max is 15 fps

I believe it's the CPU speed that is letting you down. I too have a good graphics card and get the same thing, yet it's alot smoother in single player.

Cloudy

you could try lowering the resolution a bit, make sure mip mapping and AA are off. The graphics card/RAM should be fine for GTA, same with the processor (even though none of them are spectacular). Try checking what background processes are running and turn them off while playing MTA. (Norton, other antivirus, MSN, etc)

I see no reason why MTA would be slow on that configuration, i run it at a constant rate of around 40-45 FPS on a very similar system, i think the cause of your bad framerate is something other than the system, try getting latest drivers for your GFX card and closing background applications, also run a virus scan.

Older ATI Radeons are crap :D i had to put up with a X1300 for awhile... god did that card suck

Try this program http://nikt.zog.net.au/drugcrew/plugins/phpBB3/download/file.php?id=1

Basically it lets you turn off motionblur and heatwaves effects etc

==================================================================================================

SAPT is a trainer like program allowing you to tweak some important performance related settings whilst running the game. To improve quality of gameplay, particularly on older systems or to help max out on higher end machines.

There are two versions included, for single player or multiplayer. The only difference between the two is the 30 fps frame limiter lock being disabled on the multiplayer version. The reason for this being we don't want any cheaters using the tool to gain speed avantages over regular players without SAPT. Any attemps on using the single player version on multiplayer mods will most likely result in a kick! It is meant to be a friendly tool to help those play San Andreas comfortably.

NOTE: SAPT only works with version 1.0 of San Andreas! Some anti-virus/spyware programs may detect the programs hotkeys dll as a keylogger, it is infact nothing of the sort.

==================================================================================================