Baggage Trailer Bug!

Capsinurass

This bug is not really that important to fix because you would have a hard time getting all the baggage trailers together without scripting it. What happens is when i put about 40 baggage trailers on the back of each other and put them i a circle like this....

mtascreen0010tt2.png

Then jack knife the baggage off like this...

mtascreen0011xy4.png

Push the trailer so that it connects to the end and makes one big trailer circle....

mtascreen0012oi1.png

I get the network trouble message....

mtascreen0013bt6.png

What this has done is crash my server :(

serverhg0.png

If i try to type quit into the server it will not respond and the blue thing that moves up the top has stopped but in the task manager it still says that the mta server is running, so i think that doing this puts the server into some kind of infinite loop.

If you want to try this just use a while loop to create the baggage trailers like this....

local x = -1229.3720703125  
    local y = -189.97680664063 
    local z = 14.1820440926 

Baggage = createVehicle ( 485 , x, y, z, 0, 359 , 225 ) 

local i = 40 
    while i > 0 do 

y = y + 2.705 
    x = x - 2.705 

Baggage2 = createVehicle ( 606, x, y, z, 0, 359, 225 ) 
        attachTrailerToVehicle ( Baggage , Baggage2 ) 

Baggage = Baggage2 

i = i - 1 
    end 

and use this pos to spawn the player 1469, 1292, 10.9,

The only reason i did this is because i wanted to see how many trailers i could get on the back of each other( about 60 but they disconnect after a while). Then one time i was turning around i had the idea to see if i could connect it in a circle. And well my server crashed so i did it again to see if it was the trailers or something else.

ummm this is of topic but does anyone know how to make trailers on the back of trains? I have tried to put them on the tracks and then use attachTrailerToVehicle but i cant get it to work!

"Why" anyone would want to do that doesn't really matter, it's a bug and in-turn - crashes the system and needs to get fixed. In order to fix bugs, people need to do such things to make the system as bullet-proof as possible.

Exactly. The developers have probably tried anything they can think of to find bugs, so what's left to do is try the unthinkable!

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry to sound lame.... and i know its of no help....

But it looks like you have an "Endless Loop"

Lol.

Look closer, or tbh just read it properly. The while starts at 40 counting backwards in steps of i - 1, till i would equal less than 0 and it'd stop.

Sorry to sound lame.... and i know its of no help....

But it looks like you have an "Endless Loop"

Lol.

Look closer, or tbh just read it properly. The while starts at 40 counting backwards in steps of i - 1, till i would equal less than 0 and it'd stop.

I suppose he meant the baggage trailers :P

What i meant was a joke, in reference to a lot of programs i have used saying "Infinite loop" and the fact that when you make a circle of trailers that are all joined, it haas no start and end, Thus its an "Endless loop"

But it seems that noone got the joke. :-(

Your sence of humour is bad and you should feel bad.

:-)

What i meant was a joke, in reference to a lot of programs i have used saying "Infinite loop" and the fact that when you make a circle of trailers that are all joined, it haas no start and end, Thus its an "Endless loop"

But it seems that noone got the joke. :-(

Your sence of humour is bad and you should feel bad.

:-)

:? I have a great sense of humour, i.e .... your face! hahahahah

:)

lol its a fun bug to do, but a bit hard. And im guessing the crash is because the MTA server is trying to find the vehicle that is at the start, but as there is only another trailer it keeps looking for the end but there is none :D but im only guessing...

would be good to know what it is...

maybe someone in a higher position could tell us :o

lol its a fun bug to do, but a bit hard. And im guessing the crash is because the MTA server is trying to find the vehicle that is at the start, but as there is only another trailer it keeps looking for the end but there is none :D but im only guessing...

good observation, it might have to do with that :P