Coop Mode?

Guest optimus

I have a suggestion. Is there anyway that you guys could make the single player w/ two players so that there would be a Coop mode?

I think, if it is even possible, it would be an awesome thing...hope you guys can make it happen :D

right now, i dont beleave we will be working on that... we are going to get this into stronger stages first... then we could worry about something like that... i mean from most people who have this game, have finished the game about 20 times... so even that wouldnt be that fun... but thats just how i see it.

i'd have ot agree, Coop at some point would be great, but for now, I personally would rather have new modes. Also, the thing about coop is that since most of the missions are only made for one person, many of them would be too easy if you had more than 1. If Coop ever comes around it would be nice to see them make it so, depending on how many players in game, it would modify the mission (add more enemys, make car stronger (chase missions), ect.) to give the players a challange.

I think that once u guys get the games, and other game plays worked out, new coop misisons would be really tight

Thats a good idea.

like make missions that requires people to be at 2 (or more) differnet places at the same time. aww that would be awesome. Think if u were chasing 2 people, then they split up, so the players would have to split up to take both of them down. Aawwww hell yeah. Good call

They dont have to really have a story eather. Did anyone ever beat the game "Mafia"? When you beat it, there is a new option called "Extreme Free Ride." Before I go into that, a little background on mafia.

Mafia is a game similar to GTA3. Only that is obviously about mafias. Its also baised in the 1930s (i think that was the year). Anyways, it played almost the same as GTA3 just it had all real cars I think. and since it was the 1930s, the cars werent terrably powerful.

Anyways, after you beat the game, extreme freeride opens. in extreme freeride mode there are about 20 missions you can do. They have NOTHING to do with the singleplayer game and are totaly insain. Like the first one, you chasing a guy named "speedy gonzalis" (spelling?). Its a man on foot thats uber fast. Even has fire comming out from uder his feet. Anyways, your mission is to run him over. Its nto as easy as it sounds. hes vary fast and agile. Then there is anothero ne where you have a bomb in your car, and the transmitter is in an airplan that flys over you. You cant get too far away from the airplane because if you do, you blow. Then there is one where you are in a dinky car and you have to get over a small mine field without blowing up.

you see what i'm saying? The missions are completly overrated. but thats what is so cool about them. Just something to think about. :DD

[edit] yes i know I mispelled a lot but i'm too lazy to spell check [/edit]

Co-op mode is the greatest idea for this game. I think it should be the first one to be made heh. Me and my friend has been wanting to play this game together in coop forever. And now a chance has came around. I seen someone up said it would be to easy, well maybe you could do it similiar to diablo2, when someone enter the game the minions(enemies) would grow stronger and be harder to kill. i hope you guys will develope this coop mode it'd be the most played.

I agree Co-op would be an amazing feature to be added to GTAMTA.

I understand that there are alot of other things that are more important as far as getting the whole thing done but I have to voice my vote for it.

What if one of the players were to try to complete the mission and the other was to play as a cop trying to stop him.I heard a rumor that Vice city PC will ship with multiplayer,but I think I remember hearing that rumor about GTA3. In any event whatever you decide to do I am very impressed with the whole idea of this mod and praise those who are giving their time and energy to it. I am a working 3d artist and graphic designer let me know if you need anything! (though you seem to have a great foothold on all of it.) Great stuff!

An interesting thing you could do with Co-op would be if somebody is stuck on a mission they simply start a Co-op game and gets some help. For example, somebody is stuck on Bomb Da Base. Start up a sever and have two snipers takning out columbians. Even better, have one person go on the ship with 8-Ball and have the other person snipe. :twisted: It's pretty fun going on the ship with 8-Ball. The first time I played Bomb Da Base I went on the ship with 8-Ball. Let me tell you,it's a lot more fun than sniping.

I think coop is a great idea, but with the missions in the game now. They are designed for one player. I think it is way more fun if you can play coop with misions specially made for coop.

And noobies might just sit around in those games, but you can't stop people doing lame things like that anyway. In a multiplayer game where you have to kill eachother you will always have some people getting on a roof and just waiting, instead of searching for the other player. It's a lame thing to do I think, but you can't stop it.

My 2 €cents. :)

it'd be fun... heh you and ur buddy drivin thru town running over people and killing cops, running from cops heh getting hunted down by the cops together ... that would be sweet... who cares about completeing the missions heh. i could this all day.. and mebbe go and finish the missions to goto the next island

• 2 weeks later...

I also think a coop mod would be a very good idea. Maybe you should let the server admin choose if he wants the clients to play with the 1 player campaign, of if he wants them to play with other missions. I'd really like to play GTA3 in coop mod with friends in LAN. I may be very enjoyable. :twisted::D

I Think a coop mode should be done, cos its not like people are gunna care if people do all missions without help or owt. Plus most people probably play it on LAN with there friends so it's really their choice if they wanna help do the missions.

I'm probably talkin bollox again so i'll just get to point, i think a co-op mode should be done if it can be done.

• 2 weeks later...

im very much a noob and i dont consider myself any kind of computer knowledge person ? but it is possible to get co-op on 2 networked computers i mean i have to computers networked so would it be possible for us to play on gta together or is it never gonna happen ??

triangle

co-op would be great, just being able to play on the same team is great fun, even if MTA does not develop it, try it n ur own, if u can get it, it' be great, go for it!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Co-op would make missions too easy.

Unless difficulty was added in line with the number of people in a team/on that mission it wouldnt be that fun.

:arrow: Why not use some of the pre-made mission scripts found all over the internet? :D I personally have no experience of them, though.