Half-Solution for the missing gamepad-support

Hi everybody.

I am a typical gamepad-driver. I always play with mouse and keyboard until I am sitting in any vehicle. Then I always take my controller because steering a vehicle is more comfortable then. This has nothing to do with the auto-aim what I never use.

So for a big range of pads there is a half-solution. I call it "half" because any analogue-stick will turn into digital then. Until gamepads are supportet. Look for a "profiler-software" for your gamepad. Try to search in google with the name of the manufacturer plus the word "profiler". For a Saitek-Pad for example it is the SSD-software.

With this software you are able to set macros, or it just tells your controller-buttons which keyboard-button it should press for you. :) So you can tell the stick to push the button "D" for you, when you push the stick at right.

I dont know if I could explain it correctly with my small english-knowledge. But I hope it will help some people who did not noticed such kind of software yet. :D

Saitek Germany: http://www.saitek.de/down/drivers.htm

Logitec Germany: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/411/& ... odcrid=411

This one should work with any pad: http://www.zdnet.de/downloads/prg/1/5/e ... 15-wc.html (if I can believe them :))

I forgot: Merry christmas my mates out there......

Has anyone tried it out yet?

I have seen so many peaople crying cause of the missing pad-support. Has really noone of them seen this thread? I would like to know if its right what I said when I meant such a software should be available for most gamepads. For Logitech and Saitek I could try this myself. But this software for every controller , is this working?

Im using 3rd party drivers for my xbox 360 controller and it works just fine, both analogue sticks are functioning as analogue sticks.

Although i must say I have used that pinnacle profiler in the past and it worked perfectly as well. The only disadvantage is that u have to load the program every time u want to play.

Hi.

I think in MTA the analogue-stick will be digital then. If MTA just supports keyboard-buttons in the first release, you don´t just need the drivers. The profiler pushes a keyboard-button then for you. I have never heared keyboards with analogue-buttons do exist.

But once gamepad-support is supported you are right. Why should analogue-sticks not working analogue then?!

It is very nice to hear the pinacle-software works. Is there any function to configurate a stick to move the mousecursor as well?

I think in MTA the analogue-stick will be digital then. If MTA just supports keyboard-buttons in the first release, you don´t just need the drivers. The profiler pushes a keyboard-button then for you. I have never heared keyboards with analogue-buttons do exist.

Im not too sure about that tbh. When i set my GTA to mouse+KB i can still use my pad WITH anologue functionality. For example, its still possible to lean on a bike without getting the "tapping effect". Im guessing MTA:DM will force the mouse+kb mode to prevent people from using the auto-aim. Perhaps a developer can tell us what effect this will have on the anologueness but from what i've seen in race it shouldnt have any effect at all.

But once gamepad-support is supported you are right. Is there any function to configurate a stick to move the mousecursor as well?

hmmm, i think u can but a stick just hasnt got the range a mouse has.

I can use my right stick to look around in race but i cant look around corners like i would be able to do with a mouse.

:) Yes you are absoluteley right with the range. This question was not game relatet. I am thinking about to use my new cordless-pad as a remote control for watching TV as an example. When I can use the stick to move the mouse, there would be no problem to open things I did not "macroed" anywhere. It was not meant to play with.

When i set my GTA to mouse+KB i can still use my pad WITH anologue functionality

Of course you can. This is not the same as disable pads, isn´t it? :shock: Setting it to keyboard and mouse will just change some things to circumspection, but will not disable the pad itself. And analogue-stuff is only available there. Have you ever pushed infinity variable WASDs? For what? :D

So if I got something wrong I would say: So sorry Whiskey. *shame*

I doubt they will disable gamepads. How would they do that?

I think they mean that mouse+KB will be forced, which only affects the auto-aim.

But that doesnt discard the analogue. When i play with the mouse+KB mode my pad still is analogue and i can still lean properly on bikes.

About the mouse thing, i think u can map it so that your arrows (D-pad) are a substitute for the mouse.