How to get MTA:SA Client running on Vista!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So explain to us mortals that are supposed to "shut up" whats the big differences, so we don't have to ask o-mighty e-penis gods whats the problems releasing the last compatible build.

You dont have to know "whats the big differences". Thats none of your concern. Its not for the public to know. ok?

The fact is that we wont release any new/old/present MTA: Race no matter how much you keep bugging us about it.

All it will do is piss us off.

Our eyes are strickly fixed on DM, and DM only. And no matter how much you keep whining about it, we wont change our minds.

You dont have to know "whats the big differences". Thats none of your concern. Its not for the public to know. ok?

The fact is that we wont release any new/old/present MTA: Race no matter how much you keep bugging us about it.

All it will do is piss us off.

Our eyes are strickly fixed on DM, and DM only. And no matter how much you keep whining about it, we wont change our minds.

Hold on a second.. youve got nothing to do with the MTA team, so stop talking like you have. Correct me if im wrong

Secondly its a disgrace a vista patch or a new compiled release hasnt been done. Me being a vista user checks here regularly for any advancements. It was good to hear an update 3 days ago, but this vista/race is... i mean or Christs sake, vista has been out for about a year now, nearly a year public.

Yes, MTA Team had their builds without anticheat

So where have these gone then? To the recycle bin?

To be fair, dm probably isnt long away from its beta stages. Which of course is great news, but can you please assure the public that it WILL be vista compatible and it will work flawlessly. Is it really that hard?

mark88,

1) Lucifer is in MTA QA Team.

2) MTA DM is supposed to work on Vista

3) Even if MTA/QA Teams have the old Race builds. I've already told you that MTA/QA Team builds contain things that are not for public.

4) Just wait a bit for the DM where you can play Race. That's all...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so if you copy the .dll from that site, and you delete the .dll from the folder

then Race won't work, but Deathmatch does?

because i dont wanna race, i only want deathmatch

(i have Vista Home Premium)

Alright, so...I have no knowledge of programming. But, why can't someone who DOES know some programming and what not, just use some .dll tool and edit it, and change the part of the "code" or whatever in the client.dll to work with Vista?

Again, I have no knowledge of programming, so if this makes no sense...then...oh well.

I think a possible reason for MTASA not working on Vista is because:

1. Incompatible version of MSXML

2. No WM9Codecs installed on Vista

3. Incompatible version of .NET framework

I'm pretty sure a Dev or QA said somewhere that it was the anti-cheat in MTA:Race caused it to not work in Vista and said they were like 99% sure. Don't count my word on it though. This is from memory.

so if you copy the .dll from that site, and you delete the .dll from the folder

because i dont wanna race, i only want deathmatch

(i have Vista Home Premium)

Erm.. MTA:Deathmatch isn't released yet.

Can someone please tell me what an "Anticheat" is, and exactly where is it located in the MTA folder? :?

The MAP EDITOR works! And guess what? - the map editor has a CLIENT.DLL file. It's a mystery to behold as to what is wrong with the CLIENT.DLL for RACE!

It's either the "anticheat" or some missing update for Windows Vista that was on Windows XP. OR...

1. Incompatible version of MSXML

2. No WM9Codecs installed on Vista

3. Incompatible version of .NET framework

Can someone please tell me what an "Anticheat" is, and exactly where is it located in the MTA folder? :?

Anti-Cheat is something built into MTA:Race to help prevent cheaters who use cheating programs. It uses low level detection stuff (probably), which Windows Vista may not allow, since it's security may consider the program hacking. Well, thats my theory of the most likely cause.

Unfortunately, the anti-cheat is outdated and won't detect the cheaters anymore. Because it is built into MTA:Race, I'm guessing that it is built into the client.dll file for Race, and not the Map Editor, meaning you cannot just get rid of the anti-cheat to play in Vista. Nothing to worry, because Race can be scripted in MTA:DM, which works on Vista.

I don't see how comes MTAVC works for Vista, and it doesn't support it - but yet not MTASA???

All the MTA staff have to do is to simply edit the CLIENT.DLL with a hex/dll editor or maybe Visual Studio .NET 2008 which comes along with Visual C++. They don't seem to realize that the CLIENT.DLL file for the Map Maker works, and has not have an issue with Vista. It's just a matter of comparing those files to see what the culprit is.

Also, try this... save (you don't even have to edit/re-edit it) the CLIENT.DLL file with Notepad and run MTA. It will actually run without any error message. But of course, the coding is messed up and the "Could not load race mod" will appear. But the weirdish-looking-unreadable-to-the-human-eye characters after saving it were still present however and the file size were the SAME! :D

And note the client.dll from the very 1st version of MTASA doesn't work with Vista, nor the fixed editon. :roll:

Saving the CLIENT.DLL with Notepad messes up some of it's 1's and 0's. Thats why it messes up the CLIENT.DLL. Anyways, why would the MTA Team need to edit the CLIENT.DLL file when they've got the sauce code? :roll:

Anyways, they're busy with MTA:DM and I'm pretty sure there will be race within the DM client too.

It uses low level detection stuff (probably), which Windows Vista may not allow, since it's security may consider the program hacking. Well, thats my theory of the most likely cause.

You were right! I realized that some apps used to create boot disks does not work under Vista and I keep getting "Access is Denied" errors! What's even more weirdish that changing the compatibility gives totally different error messages! So, how does one go about disabling this security feature in Vista? Why does it have to think the program is hacking? Is there any way to "mark" the program/executable as safe?

I noticed that disabling UAC and running as administrator doesn't seem to help. What I think we have to do is disable some of the Windows Vista services and policies.

Update: If I run some programs in SAFE MODE, they work flawlessly unlike when you are not in safe mode! OR you can into MSCONFIG and choose DIAGNOSTIC STARTUP.

• 2 weeks later...

I aint sure but might go for a suggestion.

Could it be because Vista has that "Show Desktop" feature which makes all running programms go in background? maybe because MTA:SA cannot be put in background is a reason for it to not work?

I've tried using Microsoft's Virtual PC , installed XP on it and when I want to install the video card driver I get an error "Unable to detect Hardware" and the option: Virtualize Hardware WAS enabled :S

... Buggers. How ghey is that then.

Man I love using Vista, CBA downgrading for MTA:SA.

Everything works when you delete client.dll (like the map editor which doesn't seem to take in the effect of the client.dll file) but you cannot connect online :(

There must be a way of getting around the anti-cheat. I am so desperate to use Vista. I WILL use Vista, so I WILL HAVE TO stop playing MTA:SA Race :(

• 2 months later...

WTF, why is it soo hard to recompile the dll so that the anticheat isnt in it so that vista can work, you say u dont want to release the latest one cos its got things you dont want us to see.

like what?> did you make naughty dildo cars that you would blush about?

X_X. i seriosuyl suggest doing it, average mta race players = 50+ average mta dm players = 15

its obvious. :\

• 2 weeks later...
WTF, why is it soo hard to recompile the dll so that the anticheat isnt in it so that vista can work, you say u dont want to release the latest one cos its got things you dont want us to see.

like what?> did you make naughty dildo cars that you would blush about?

X_X. i seriosuyl suggest doing it, average mta race players = 50+ average mta dm players = 15

its obvious. :\

Amen =D>

Very much people like Race and even more then DM.

And I dont care that you can play race in DM ,cause it still is different.

From what I have heard its not that difficult to let it work on Vista.

Just debug etc.

But they only care about DM,where they are working for 3 years on and still not finished.

I am really disappointed in the MTA Team that they dont want to fix this !

Dont you care about race?

Its also MTA like DM.

Anywayz I dont think anybody from the MTA team will fix it lol.

But I hope some1 on this forum who likes race can fix this !

• 10 months later...

i found a new method without delete any thing just edit something

the error is at line 145 in client.dll in race folder

all i did was change this

a9f_7v'fes27._32vg

to

a9f_5vmfet27._72vg

i use windows vista

and line 654 was a error i edited it from

location(0238.42) w6nd6w3 x*

to

location(0238.42) w6nd6w3 v5st65