wine compatibility

delfick

I just saw this https://mtasa.com/71.html... (firstly why can't I add a comment to it ??)

secondly

HELL YES !!!! :D :D :D :D

I've waited for that for a looooong time :D

infact I'm willing to stay up another hour or so past midnight (even though I have to get up at like 7:00 tomorrow :() just to install the latest version of wine to check this out on my ubuntu box :D

*bursting with excitement :D :D :D :D*

(this is gonna be such a letdown if it doesn't work for me :P)

edit : please tell me this works for race version as well ?? :) :)

(just noticed a mention of latest dev version of mta in the post)

Been trying wine + San Andreas. Works ok, sound is a bit weird and theres some glitches texture wise. Have to run it in a window anyway due to compiz.

Though, core2duo 6700 and 8800gts and it still doesn't run that smooth.

probably a good idea to stop compiz before running any games :D

much less laggy....

:D

Didn't mean Compiz, meant Twinview. I stop compiz anyway, not that it seems to make a huge change on my pc.

In fact it's a little like theres a frame limiter acting (ingame one turned off) though I can't confirm it as I don't know a way to show fps.

Didn't mean Compiz, meant Twinview. I stop compiz anyway, not that it seems to make a huge change on my pc.

In fact it's a little like theres a frame limiter acting (ingame one turned off) though I can't confirm it as I don't know a way to show fps.

Use FRAPS to show your FPS in-game. :idea:

Been trying wine + San Andreas. Works ok, sound is a bit weird and theres some glitches texture wise. Have to run it in a window anyway due to compiz.

Though, core2duo 6700 and 8800gts and it still doesn't run that smooth.

And what about your sound card/onboard sound?

GTA:SA 1.0 does have some little issues with some onboard sound chips.

I wouldn't know about onboard as I don't use it on mine, my sound card is an Audigy2 ZS and the sound works.

Though the sound I have to admit isn't bad, I haven't noticed anything missing it's just it doesn't get the distance factor quite right.

People have interpreted this as sounds being really quiet (ie a bug with certain sounds), it's just that the reduction of sound with distance is wrong generally I find.

Tbh though the fact I can run compiz IRC Delugetorrent and watch a DVD while getting easily playable fps is pretty nice.

Dunno if you mean this: SA has a fps limiter set for 25 fps.