MTA:MA Not retriving the entire map list.

And before you tell me to use the Search box, i did, it said "Search is currently unavailable at this time"

Im sure this has been asked a million times. but yeah.

ok, i just changed ISP's cos my last one was shaping p2p n other awesome stuff..

and now on the new ISP, MTAMA dosent retrive the entier map list.... it gets about 60 of the 350~ maps then gives up.

We have tried this on a mates internet connection, its the same for him, thats why we ran it on my connection, cos mine worked.

But now ive changed ISP it dosent.

So, whats the Solution.

(i am running the latest MTAMA and PRS)

Ive seen the solution on here before, but with no search function, its kinda hard to look for it.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh pal, this has been discussed many times and there's nothing you can do. The only thing i can help you with is a script that helps to retrieve maps, but still it doesn't guarantee that you will get them all. viewtopic.php?t=19162

or you can download my modded version of mtama that helps with some problems/fixes some bugs: http://mta-stats.com/downloads/mta.mrc (yes, Aeron knows about this ;) )

Thanks for the link Toady.

Works well*

alltho i doo have a small issue with it.

to use the !updaterace command i have to log in thru rcon first, even tho PRS has automatically logged me in as level 5, is there any way to get it to work with PRS's admin system?

Thanks Toady, That worked.

Any idea why this dosent work on my mates PC? Cos as far as i have seen with a total of 4 internet connections, it seems ISP related.

Like when i was on AAPT(256k) i couldent retrive the map list, when i was on Supernerd(512k) it could get Every map not a problem, now im on Bendigo Telco(512k), i cant again but this script fixed that.

But a mate in the UK who is on Enta(8meg) the script dosent help attall, it just says theres no missing maps retrived when its only got like 15.

it just seems that MTAMA is really picky about what internet connection it works on.

and now i have another dumb problem.

even after the change, it was working fine, but now, it isnt, i type !updaterace it replys with "Updating the Race List" and does noting. i mustave spammed that comman in about 500 times and its just not doing it.

Before it would say stuff like racelist updated (44 missing maps) but its as if its not checking anymore.

Here is a copy of it, just to doubble check its still correct.

/* 
RaceList Updater v1.1 by lil_Toady 
Special thanks to [uVA]Scooby 
Updated by Aeron 

The script will be automaticly updating the races list untill it gets all the maps. 
If you still think it is missing maps do: !updateraces     (admins level 2) 

If you want to put it into your script here are the aliases you'd want to know: 
mta.races.check <server id>      - Checks for missing maps, if so it starts the updater (not accurate) 
mta.races.update <server id>     - Starts the updater 
*/ 
on *:SIGNAL:mta.command:{ 
  if (!updaterace* iswm $3) { 
    if ($prs.level($1,$2) > 1) { 
      mta.text $1 Updating the race list. 
      mta.races.update $1 
    } 
  } 
} 
on *:SIGNAL:mta.racelist:{ 
  mta.races.check $1 
} 
alias mta.races.check { 
  var %a = $ini($mta.dir $+ $1.ini,Races,0),%b = $ini($mta.dir $+ $1.ini,Races,%a) 
  if (%b > %a) mta.races.update $1 
} 
alias mta.races.update { 
  mta.echo $1 * Racelist: Updating... 
  !bset &b 1 109 0 $did(mta,$1 $+ 22) $mta.dex($did(mta,$1 $+ 12)) 124 $mta.dex(mta.races. $+ $rand(1000,9999)) 0 
  !sockudp -k mta.races.sock. $+ $1 $did(mta,$1 $+ 10) $did(mta,$1 $+ 11) &b 
  !.timermta.races.timer. $+ $1 1 10 !sockclose mta.races.sock. $+ $1 
} 
on *:udpread:mta.races.sock.*: { 
  !sockread &a 
  var %a = $right($sockname,-15),%b = $bvar(&a,3),%c = $bvar(&a,2) 
  if (%c == 1) { 
    mta.echo %a * Racelist: Updating failed. ( $+ $gettok(User:Incorrect password:Already connected:Timed-out:To much connections:Banned:Name in use:Invalid Version,$calc(%b + 1),58) $+ ) 
    if (%b == 5) mta.unban %a $ip 
    elseif (%b == 1) mta.echo %a * Racelist: Updating stopped. 
    else !.timermta.races.timer. $+ $1 1 15 mta.races.check %a 
    !sockclose $sockname 
  } 
  elseif (%c == 2) { 
    !bset &b 1 109 2 
    !sockudp -k $sockname $did(mta,%a $+ 10) $did(mta,%a $+ 11) &b 
  } 
  elseif (%c == 18) { 
    if ($mta.server(%a).version == 2) { 
      if (%b == 1) { 
        %c = $calc($bvar(&a,5) * 256 + $bvar(&a,4)) 
        if (!$readini($+($mta.dir,%a,.ini),Races,%c)) { 
          if (!$didreg(mta,%a $+ 16,$didreg(mta,%a $+ 16,$bvar(&a,6,50).text))) !did -a mta %a $+ 16 $bvar(&a,6,50).text 
          !writeini -n $+(",$mta.dir,%a,.ini") Races %c $bvar(&a,6,50).text 
          !sockmark $sockname $calc($sock($sockname).mark + 1) 
        } 
      } 
      elseif (%b == 2) { 
        mta.echo %a * Racelist: Updated. ( $+ $iif($sock($sockname).mark,$v1,No) missing maps retrieved) 
        !bset &b 1 109 1 
        !sockudp -k $sockname $did(mta,%a $+ 10) $did(mta,%a $+ 11) &b 
        !sockclose $sockname 
        !.timermta.races.timer. $+ %a off 
        !.signal mta.racelist %a 
      } 
    } 
  } 
} 
on *:SIGNAL:mta.disconnect:{ 
  if ($sock(mta.races.sock. $+ $1)) { 
    !bset &b 1 109 1 
    !sockudp -k mta.races.sock. $+ $1 $did(mta,%a $+ 10) $did(mta,%a $+ 11) &b 
    !sockclose mta.races.sock. $+ $1 
    !.timermta.races.timer. $+ $1 off 
  } 
} 

Please Excuse the Doubble / Tripple post.... i tried to edit the last one but it said "Sorry, you can no longer Edit or Delete this post"

But yeah, im not sure if this has anything to do with why its not working, but it never seems to get the "Racelist Updated" message, and ive noticed the Racelist Updator only works after it recives that message :-s

Seriously.... Is this a Problem with MTA or MTAMA or Mirc or what? Why is it so picky about internet connection.

The ONLY connection ive EVER seen MTAMA retrive the Full racelist on has been on my Previous ISP which used the Optus Network. Evereything had bad dropout issues and other problems, but Mirc Never had any issues on it. WTF?

Ok, i dont actually see anything wrong in the script and want to warn you that, !updaterace starts the updater but no matter finished or failed it will not output it to the game, only to MTA:mA itself. Also you should know that writing the script i could never test it myself as i've never owned a race server, im kinda more an mta0.5 guy. If you want to output stuff both to MTA:mA and the game find all the stuff with mta.echo and change it to mta.text, but i'd not recommend that, as for big map lists it can do the scaning every few seconds.

P.S: i've added a line to show how many maps you've got in total and how many maps you should have. So you might want to redownload (dont forget to change mta.level to prs.level there ;) )

The messages not appearing that i was talking about are the ones in the MTAMA window, not in the game.

"Racelist Updated" harly ever shows up in the MTAMA window, and when it dosent, the updater dosent work :-s

But yeah, im downloadin the updated ver now.

:::EDIT:::

Nope, Same as before Heres a copy from MTAMA:

[20:47] * Connecting...

[20:47] * Connected.

[20:47] MTASA:PRS:1.3 Script Reactivated

[20:47] * Disconnected: 0 User.

[20:47] * Racelist: updated.

[20:47] * Racelist: Updating...

[20:47] MTASA:PRS:1.3 Script Reactivated

[20:47] * [PHS]Dan[AU] joined. (203.***.***.**)

[20:47] [PHS]Dan[AU] Auto-logged In, Level 5

[20:47] Never Fear! the ANGRY AUSSIE is Here!

[20:47] [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces

[20:47] Updating the race list.

[20:47] * Endrace: Race "" ended.

[20:47] * Startrace: Success to start race "Unknown".

[20:47] * Admin say's to [PHS]Dan[AU]: Type !commands For Script Commands.

[20:47] [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces

[20:47] Unknown Map Detected, Restarting Script And Map.

[20:47] * Racelist: updated.

[20:47] * Admin say's to [PHS]Dan[AU]: Stats_bot_2.1 Has Joined Via

[20:47] * Startrace: Success to start race "Australian GP".

By this point, im getting rather pissed off.

[20:48] [PHS]Dan[AU]: !lostmaps

[20:48] Total maps: 41 - Total Missing: 41

[20:48] [PHS]Dan[AU]: OH COME THE FUCK ON

[20:49] [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces

[20:49] * Racelist: Updating...

[20:49] Updating the race list.

[20:49] Updating the race list.

[20:50] Updating the race list.

[20:50] [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces

[20:50] * Racelist: Updating...

[20:50] Updating the race list.

[20:51] [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces

[20:51] * Racelist: Updating...

[20:51] Updating the race list.

[20:51] [PHS]Dan[AU]: !lostmaps

[20:51] Total maps: 69 - Total Missing: 69

[20:51] [PHS]Dan[AU]: Fuckoff

[20:52] * [PHS]Dan[AU] parted. (203.***.***.**)

--------------------------------------------------------

Is there any way to make a Local folder with a copy of all the maps, so it can get the map list from itself? instead of having to deal with this shit?

The server has 360+ maps on it, and theres a championship comming up soon, and i seriously dont wanna have to deal with this crap.

:::EDIT #2:::

I also tried that MTA.mrc that you modified, to the same results, but there is also another issue with that one that you should know about, the IRC Relay didnt work with it, so nothing was being relayed to/from the IRC channel

Well, i have got it to return all the maps, i have discovered that every time i type !updateraces it recives about...... 1 map.... so i added the command to a macro on my G15 and spammed it for an hour and a half..... and after that long ass time, i have all 378 maps comming up in the list..... but this is too much of a bullcrap crap to have to deal with all the time.

Heres what a mate has sent me in MSN commenting on my last post:

"Is there any way to make a Local folder with a copy of all the maps, so it can get the map list from itself?" <- i dont know if this could help but i'm a programmer, i dont know if through mirc scripting u could do that, but i know that mirc script can call external dlls, if u could make the script call a dll function and receive a string result, i could write a simple dll to retrieve whatever file/folder info u need.

Oh, this reminds me, Toady, you said youve never tested this script....... Well, i can give you full admin to my server and Full Remote Acess to the Scripts PC.

So if you wanna test it, its all waiting.

----------------------------------------------

But untill this dumb shit problem with MTA or mIRC or MTAMA or Whatever the bloody hell the problem is, it looks like i am going to have to PAY some crap company for a Windows VPS server to put this crap on and HOPE like hell it peers directly with the same bandwidth provider as the server..... oh thats right.... no Windows VPS servers allow IRC...... And WHY should i have to PAY to fix a problem that shouldent exist in the first place, for an application that runs crap that SHOULD be built into the MTA server in the first place?

i've looked at your mta:ma log and since your script keeps disconnecting on map start how do you think my racelist updater will start working? I have lots of ways to get full maps list on connect without a loss, here's one: having an ftp access to the maps folder i can connect mirc to it and just get all the maps that are there with not loss, but not actually having my own race server never bothered to do something like that. Racelist updater is a script that just tries to do it via mta:ma itself. (How it works: Since admin connection recieves maps list only on connect and you cant request it, racelist updater just opens new admin sockets to the server recieving maps list, it wont get all of them at once as like as you dont get em when you just connect mtama, not a perfect way, but at least it worked for Scooby who i wrote the script for but afaik he did not have that many maps)

P.S: you can pm me your server details and ill test it out.

Well, i have some interesting new developments, which could be clues to where the auctual cause of this problem is.

it seems Proportional to the amount of maps we have.

We have 385 maps now...

On average, it recived about 70% of the maps fine, then has issues with the rest, that usually take hours of typing !updateraces to fix.

So i thaught, cos the championship is comming up soon, id backup every map that isnt a PHS map.... Which took our map count down to 103.

But still, only around 70% of the map list comes back, and it refuses to go over that 70% mark.

So i thaught i would remove all but the 7 Championship maps.

Now, it refuses to get more than 4 maps.

Coincedence? i think not.

Anyways... hows that FTP map retrival script comming along?

:::EDIT:::

And heres another interesting thing, i put all the 385 maps back in.... had the same issue... so i just got anther pc on my lan to start downloading at top speed, which gave the scripts around a 2500ms ping to the server... and it recived all the maps in one hit.... WTF!?..... LAG..... HELPS!?

ok, thats fucking it, ive fucking had it with this fucked up shit.

ive spent the last 3 fucking hours typing !lostmaps, and what do i have in the list, 43 of 389.

Seriously, Whoever the fuck decided to use UDP for the admin poort is a complete fucking idiot, and should be kicked off the MTA team, and speaking of kicking him, kick him in the head aswell.

This was fixed ages ago as the Admin protocol was changed to TCP, but Race 1.1 was never released so its not out.

AlienX, it is sent in chunks, just they are sent too fast so some of them get lost. tbh the only way to do this in UDP would be some kind of packet checker to make sure that its been received properly client side.

This is So far beyond a fucking joke.

Here is the Logfile.... from a few hours ago till now.... (Dallas TX time)

Post's will be Hour by Hour, Because of this error: Your message contains 281652 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

[02:53:26] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to debun:  BROADCAST Stats_bot_2.1 LOSTMAP 307 
[02:53:26] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Unknown Map Detected, Restarting Script And Map. 
[02:53:27] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to debun:  BROADCAST Stats_bot_2.1 PART 
[02:53:27] ADMINQUIT: 'Stats_bot_2.1' disconnected from Remote Administration (ID: 0) 
[02:53:29] ADMINJOIN: 'Stats_bot_2.1' connected to Remote Administration (IP Address: 203.193.221.94 <> ID: 0) 
[02:53:30] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to debun:  BROADCAST Stats_bot_2.1 JOIN Multi Theft Auto mIRC Admin v4.15 by Aeron 
[02:53:32] ADMINJOIN: 'race.update.4699' connected to Remote Administration (IP Address: 203.193.221.94 <> ID: 1) 
[02:53:32] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to debun:  BROADCAST Stats_bot_2.1 LOSTMAPS 77-82 87-121 143-198 263-283 294-308 320-355 
[02:53:33] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to debun: Type !commands For Script Commands. 
[02:53:33] MAPS: Race "SF Sunrise 300" has finished. 
[02:53:33] MAPS: Remote Admin 'Stats_bot_2.1' started map '[VDM] gf2' (ID: 0) 
[02:53:34] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Race: [VDM] gf2 - Ran 13 Times. 
[02:53:35] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Best Ever Top Times For [VDM] gf2 
[02:53:42] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to debun: Type !betcommands for betting commands or !bethelp For full details. 
[02:53:43] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Dont Like The Map? Type !new For A New Map. 
[02:53:45] MAPS: Maps reloaded (changes detected) 
[02:53:47] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to debun: Personal Best Time: --/--/--- 
[02:53:51] ADMINQUIT: 'race.update.4699' timed out from Remote Administration (ID: 1) 
[02:53:51] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Rate This Map: !ratemap <1-10> 
[02:53:59] DEATH: debun died 
[02:54:00] QUIT: debun left the game 
[02:54:00] MAPS: Race "[VDM] gf2" has finished. 
[02:54:04] CONNECT: [PHS]Grim_Reeper connected (IP: 139.168.179.176) 
[02:54:04] QUIT: [PHS]Grim_Reeper left the game 
[02:57:15] CONNECT: [PHS]Dan[AU] connected (IP: 203.193.221.94) 
[02:57:16] JOIN: [PHS]Dan[AU] joined the game 
[02:57:16] VOTE: Map nomination started 
[02:57:17] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: [PHS]Dan[AU] Auto-logged In, Level 5 
[02:57:18] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Never Fear! the ANGRY AUSSIE is Here! 
[02:57:22] MAPS: Started map 'Hole In 6' 
[02:57:23] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to [PHS]Dan[AU]:  BROADCAST Stats_bot_2.1 LOSTMAP 153 
[02:57:23] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Unknown Map Detected, Restarting Script And Map. 
[02:57:24] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to [PHS]Dan[AU]:  BROADCAST Stats_bot_2.1 PART 
[02:57:24] ADMINQUIT: 'Stats_bot_2.1' disconnected from Remote Administration (ID: 0) 
[02:57:27] ADMINJOIN: 'Stats_bot_2.1' connected to Remote Administration (IP Address: 203.193.221.94 <> ID: 0) 
[02:57:28] MAPS: Race "Hole In 6" has finished. 
[02:57:28] MAPS: Remote Admin 'Stats_bot_2.1' started map '[CnR] PHS Get Out of my Funnel' (ID: 0) 
[02:57:29] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to [PHS]Dan[AU]:  BROADCAST Stats_bot_2.1 JOIN Multi Theft Auto mIRC Admin v4.15 by Aeron 
[02:57:30] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Deathmatch: [CnR] PHS Get Out of my Funnel - Ran 70 Times. 
[02:57:31] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: MTASA:PRS:1.3 Script Reactivated 
[02:57:37] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to [PHS]Dan[AU]: Type !betcommands for betting commands or !bethelp For full details. 
[02:57:38] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Dont Like The Map? Type !new For A New Map. 
[02:57:39] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Current Map Rating: 7 
[02:57:44] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Map Made By: [PHS]Dan[AU] 
[02:57:45] MAPS: Race "[CnR] PHS Get Out of my Funnel" has finished. 
[02:57:45] MAPS: Remote Admin 'Stats_bot_2.1' started map 'Bob' (ID: 0) 
[02:57:46] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Race: Bob - Ran 66 Times. 
[02:57:47] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Best Ever Top Times For Bob 
[02:57:47] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: 1st: [PHS]Riz: 6:24.370 
[02:57:47] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: 2nd: [PHS]Dan[AU]: 6:29.567 
[02:57:48] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: 3rd: [PHS]Shoey: 7:19.680 
[02:57:55] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Dont Like The Map? Type !new For A New Map. 
[02:57:55] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !lostmaps 
[02:57:56] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Total maps: 38 - Total Missing: 38 
[02:57:59] ADMINPM: Stats_bot_2.1 to [PHS]Dan[AU]: Personal Best Time: 6:29.567 
[02:58:00] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:00] ADMINJOIN: 'race.update.6780' connected to Remote Administration (IP Address: 203.193.221.94 <> ID: 1) 
[02:58:00] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:01] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:01] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:01] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:02] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Rate This Map: !ratemap <1-10> 
[02:58:02] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:03] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:03] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:03] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:04] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:04] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:05] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:05] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:05] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:06] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:06] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:07] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:07] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:07] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:08] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:09] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !lostmaps 
[02:58:09] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Total maps: 61 - Total Missing: 61 
[02:58:13] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:14] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:14] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:15] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:16] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:16] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:16] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:17] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:17] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:18] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:18] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:18] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:19] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:19] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:20] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:20] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !updateraces 
[02:58:20] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:21] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Updating the race list. 
[02:58:25] CHAT: [PHS]Dan[AU]: !lostmaps 
[02:58:26] ADMINCHAT: <Admin> Stats_bot_2.1: Total maps: 61 - Total Missing: 61 
[02:58:39] ADMINQUIT: 'race.update.6780' timed out from Remote Administration (ID: 1)