MTA:VC Development Thread

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not many things have changed. I updated the changelog the day before the new forums came around.

I replaced vehicle 80 (the sabre turbo on the spawn roof) with a VCN maverick, spawning on the VCN building.

I did some testing with pedestrians... massive sync bugs. Not worth it.

I tried making a check to see if a specific motorcycle is being driven, and if there is no driver, then don't get on as a passenger (to prevent the crash). Didn't work. I probably did something wrong.

EDIT: Actually, car 80 is not synced. I had to make it the Sabre Turbo again. Meh.

Fixed the motorcycle passenger bug. If there is no driver on a motorcycle, you won't get on the bike, therefore avoiding a crash.

Implemented check for being dead inside cars. Previously, if you were in a car and you did /kill, you would stay in the car and not be "dead". Now, if you do /kill, you exit the car shortly after to prevent this exploit.

I couldn't get the Pay n Sprays to work reliably. Not only that, but they caused some stability issues. No Pay n Sprays, then.

I'm almost done with this update now. The only thing I really have to do is fix an interior door bug.

I also can't seem to fix all of the armor bugs. The VCC fix is quite simple, but it just introduces a few other bugs, namely Cop -> VCC results in 50 armor. I actually fixed everything using a different opcode, but then I couldn't pick up armor whatsoever.

Other than that, everything is fixed. I will post an updated change log.

Once I fix this interior door bug (seriously, I can't fix this if my life depended on it, I'm just horrible at interiors... the team member who actually coded all of the new interior code is on vacation or something), I'll go bug the MTA team on IRC, because I haven't received a response whatsoever. I'm hoping someone could help me with the armor fixes.

BUGS FIXED:

Armor reworked. Cop + VCC both have 50 armor. VCC has only 50 armor because I couldn't fix all the various armor bugs.

Fixed the motorcycle passenger bug. If there is no driver on a motorcycle, you won't get on the bike, therefore avoiding a crash.

Fixed passenger heli-killing (where if you're flying in a helicopter as a passenger, and you exit, you get heli-killed).

Implemented check for being dead inside cars. Previously, if you were in a car and you did /kill, you would stay in the car and not be "dead". Now, if you do /kill, you exit the car shortly thereafter to prevent this exploit.

Yellow Rancher at North Point Mall fixed. If you blew it up, its black shell remained. Now, upon exploding, it leaves no shell.

Silenced Ingram (Tec10) at Leaf Links fixed. It works as normal now.

The HP pickup in the Vice Point Supermarket was submerged halfway into the ground. This has been fixed.

Fixed many door/lift Z angles to stop infinite loops if you were holding down the "forward" key.

Sabre Turbo's coordinates fixed to prevent it from falling off the spawn roof, and stopped it from spawning in Little Haiti.

Fixed an incorrect "if" check.

Removed some spawn roof actors' models from being loaded twice. Saves memory.

Removed unused weapons (Spaz shotgun, snipers, rocket launcher, camera, miniguns, brass knuckles, screwdrivers) from being loaded. Saves memory.

Moved some code to mission 0 to save memory.

Removed some completely unused/useless code.

Cleaned up small bits of code here and there.

FEATURES ADDED:

All of the interiors implemented. Print Works, Rifle Range, Lawyer's Office, Apartment 3C, Love Fist Recording Studio and "Temple of Rock", Biker Bar, Auntie Poulet's house, and Robina's Cafe.

Lifts implemented: Hyman Condos, Gonzalez' House (directly behind the Malibu; Gonzalez was the guy you had to kill in "Treacherous Swine"), the VCN building, and the Bank Vault elevator.

"Cop Land", "Sir, Yes Sir!", the SSA Car List, and Pay n Spray garages opened. The Pay n Spray does not function as a Pay n Spray; just a normal non-saving garage.

Yellow Cheetah moved into "Sir, Yes Sir!" garage.

Moved Maverick and PCJ600 (yellow) spawns. The Maverick spawns on the Helipad, and the PCJ nearby the small pier next to the bridge.

Ambulances added; one replaced red BF Injection downtown, the other replaced the Virgo at the Sailor spawn. The first one can be found at Vice Point Hospital, and the second one can be found parked in the alleyway by the Little Havana Hospital.

Fire Truck moved to the Fire Department downtown.

Added gangplank to the Colonel's boat, a few missing textures, and the getaway boat.

Added a Python spawn on top of Hyman Condos.

Mission "G-Spotlight" stairs extended.

When you exit a car, the engine shuts off.

Spawn menu cleaned up; no more "known rivals". (here's a picture.)

MTA 0.4 help marker and its associated code removed.

Added second newspaper type. (here's a picture.)

Money removal is continuous. If you pick up money, it will be removed shortly thereafter, as money has no purpose in MTA DM.

Sorry for the double post.

I've spoken to IJs on IRC and he's fine with this mod. Once I'm done with this mod (and I do a lot of testing) we'll have another chat and discuss if MTA:VC could be updated.

The changelog hasn't changed much, but when it does I'll post yet another one. I've just been updating interior code and fixing ID conflicts caused by the stuff I added in.

I trimmed american.gxt (GTA file that contains all of the cutscene text and other text) down to 50kb from ~281kb, and I fixed a typo or two, updated the 0.4 help marker (incase someone wants me to add it back in) and added some custom text (for an interior). Works fine as far as I can tell.

Alright, time to post new changelogs.

I've updated the Stunt mode, but I really can't do much; the motorcycle fix doesn't work for some reason (just crashes the game), and the same thing happens with interiors.

Deathmatch changelog:

BUGS FIXED:

Armor reworked. Cop + VCC both have 50 armor. VCC has only 50 armor because I couldn't fix all the various armor bugs.

Fixed passenger heli-killing (where if you're flying in a helicopter as a passenger, and you exit, you get heli-killed).

Implemented check for being dead inside cars. Previously, if you were in a car and you did /kill, you would stay in the car and not be "dead". Now, if you do /kill, you exit the car shortly thereafter to prevent this exploit.

Yellow Rancher at North Point Mall fixed. If you blew it up, its black shell remained. Now, upon exploding, it leaves no shell.

Silenced Ingram (Tec10) at Leaf Links fixed. It works as normal now.

The HP pickup in the Vice Point Supermarket was submerged halfway into the ground. This has been fixed.

Fixed many door/lift Z angles to stop infinite loops if you were holding down the "forward" key.

Sabre Turbo's coordinates fixed to prevent it from falling off the spawn roof, and stopped it from spawning in Little Haiti.

Fixed an incorrect "if" check.

Stopped some spawn roof actors' models from being loaded twice. Saves memory.

Removed unused weapons (Spaz shotgun, snipers, rocket launcher, camera, miniguns, brass knuckles, screwdrivers) from being loaded. Saves memory.

Moved some code to mission 0 to save memory in MAIN.

Cleaned up small bits of code here and there.

FEATURES ADDED:

All of the interiors implemented. Print Works, Rifle Range, Lawyer's Office, Apartment 3C, VROCK Recording Studio, Love Fist "Temple of Rock", Biker Bar, Auntie Poulet's house, and Robina's Cafe.

Lifts implemented: Hyman Condos, Gonzalez' House (directly behind the Malibu; Gonzalez was the guy you had to kill in "Treacherous Swine"), the VCN building, and the Bank Vault elevator.

"Cop Land", "Sir, Yes Sir!", the SSA Car List, and Pay n Spray garages opened. The Pay n Spray does not function as a Pay n Spray; just a normal non-saving garage.

Yellow Cheetah moved into "Sir, Yes Sir!" garage.

Moved Maverick and PCJ600 (yellow) spawns. The Maverick spawns on the Helipad, and the PCJ nearby the small pier next to the bridge.

Ambulances added; one replaced red BF Injection downtown, the other replaced the Virgo at the Sailor spawn. The first one can be found at Vice Point Hospital, and the second one can be found parked in the alleyway by the Little Havana Hospital.

Fire Truck moved to the Fire Department downtown.

Added gangplank to the Colonel's boat, a few missing textures, and the getaway boat.

Added an MP5 spawn on top of Hyman Condos.

Secret Service striped suit skin spawn moved to the bottom of the stairs. (hah, quite a tongue twister)

Spawn menu cleaned up; no more "known rivals".

If you're stopped in a vehicle and exit the car, the car's engine shuts off.

MTA 0.4 help marker and its associated code removed.

Added second newspaper type.

Money removal is continuous. If you pick up money, it will be removed shortly thereafter, as money has no purpose in MTA DM.

A note about armor. I've tried many, many times to have Cop with 50 armor, and VCC with 100 with no armor bugs. All attempts have failed (except once; I got everything to work perfectly, but then I couldn't pick up armor whatsoever. :(). Unless someone on the MTA team knows how to fix it, I don't think I can fix it to 50/100 armor.

Some interiors have incorrect Z angles. I can't fix them for some reason, but it's very trivial. I'll probably fix it sometime later.

The Stunt changelog, which is significantly smaller:

BUGS FIXED:

Fixed several incorrect "if" checks.

Stopped some spawn roof actors' models from being loaded twice. Saves memory.

Cleaned up a lot of code.

FEATURES ADDED:

If you're stopped in a vehicle and exit the car, the car's engine shuts off.

Added second newspaper type.

Better than nothing, I suppose.

Now I need to get some friends and do a lot of testing. We have to test interiors to make sure no more bugs exist (except for the Z angles), test the updated/trimmed american.gxt, test armor even more (although I'm pretty sure there are zero armor bugs with the 50/50 configuration), and make sure everything works as intended. This goes for Stunt, too.

After all of the testing and fixing I'll talk with IJs again.

Some more notes:

I know the mob room exists. The floor isn't solid; if it were, I would've already added it.

A crash can still occur with the motorcycle passenger because the driver is sometimes jacked when you try to get on as passenger, and then you still crash because there's no driver. I don't think I can fix that bug, and I haven't a clue what causes it.

Sounds pretty good, I'd definitly get back into MTAVC to try it out, my only advice is to test it thoroughly.

I know what working with SCM is like, so you definitly deserve some praise if it turns out well :P

:)

Yeah, even if the code in SCM looks logical enough, it doesn't work as intended sometimes. :/

We've already begun testing, and finished testing interiors. There should be no more interior bugs short of incorrect z-angles, now.

Going to test american.gxt.

We've tested the new american.gxt by going in every car on the DM map (excluding duplicates), and then going on Stunt and checking the vehicles that aren't in DM. I accidentally deleted two vehicles, but I've re-added them now.

There are two crash bugs. One is where you spawn, get in a vehicle, and crash. This seems pretty rare... I'm thinking the "dead-in-car" check does this but I've not been able to reproduce this crash today yet.

The other is if you spawn around 6 or more times (I've only tested with the same skin, not changing skin every spawn), a crash occurs when you spawn. Not a clue what causes this, although didn't this happen in normal 0.5 anyway? I think it did, but I'd like someone to confirm that.

EDIT: I spawned 10 times with the same skin (Cop) with the original MTAD.SCM and there were no crashes. I'll try a few things to see if the problem's solved.

EDIT2: After spawning 7 times, the crash occurs. I've tried restoring the original spawn roof. That didn't fix it.

EDIT3: Restored original armor. Still didn't fix it. :(

EDIT4: Tried older version, 0.9b10. It crashes after only 6 spawns. I'll try one without interiors, 0.9b3. Very old.

EDIT5: 0.9b3 crashes after 5 or so. I guess stability increased with the newer versions. I've looked for common features in all of the three versions I've tested. Only the MTA 0.4 help marker removal, the Sabre Turbo coords fix, and the Ingram fix are the common features. I doubt any of those could cause it. Seriously, I'm clueless about this one. Might as well go on to try to reproduce the other crash I was talking about earlier.

EDIT6: Tried 10 times to trigger the spawn -> get in vehicle crash, to no avail. I've reproduced the situation where I crashed the most; spawning Cop downtown and going into the FBI Rancher. Maybe I fixed it somehow without knowing it. Whatever, I don't think this crash exists anymore.

EDIT7: Tried the spawn menu crash with Robber instead of Cop. Still crashes. :(

Otherwise, we've fixed some interior bugs, infinite loops in interiors, fixed passenger helikilling (it was still possible to heli-kill if the heli's blades were vertical while turning), and an incorrect ID for one of the motorcycle fixes. Nothing major.

I think I'll try to fix Pay n Sprays again later.

I think your memory of mtad.scm is full

Size first 4 segments: 225,354 Max: 225,512

Largest mission: 35,594 Max: 35kb (35,840)

Memory's fine. "DEFINE MEMORY" stands at 5521. Though that memory is just for global variables. I don't think increasing it will cause a crash.

Regarding some weapons... the Machete and Cleaver are unsynced. I've also tested the Knife and the Screwdriver.

Since VCC spawns with the Machete, I've had to replace it with a different weapon. The synced melee weapons are Chainsaw, Golf Club, Hammer, Katana, and Nightstick. I chose Hammer. Maybe I should replace it with the Golf Club? :/

I've removed the Cleaver from all of the toolshops, and placed a Hammer in the toolshop at North Point Mall (since it had no weapons at all before). I've also added a Golf Club spawn near the Caddy at Leaf Links.

Also, VCC had double ammo on all weapons for some reason. I don't know why this is, but I've solved the problem by halving the ammo numbers and everything's fine.

EDIT: It was the ghetto armor fix doubling everything. But now I can't get 50 armor to stick on VCC. Urgh... SCM is confusing when it comes to armor.

I wish I knew what causes the spawn menu crash. This is the only major bug left to fix.

Memory's fine. "DEFINE MEMORY" stands at 5521. Though that memory is just for global variables. I don't think increasing it will cause a crash.

It CAN crash when you increase the memory on that line

It CAN crash when you increase the memory on that line

Reduced the memory to 5417. Still crashes. I also tried disabling the new threads I've made and that didn't do anything.

I could try using an original mtad.scm and copying over all of the fixes and such but that will take quite a while... I'd rather not do that, but I'll leave that as a last resort.

Fixed the spawn menu.

I started with an unchanged mtad.scm and added things until it crashed. I wasted my time, spawning ~100 times. However, I fixed it; the cause was moving code to mission 0. I should stop moving or removing important-looking code.

Anyway, I spawned 22 times as a Robber, and no crash occured. Yay!

No more major bugs in the scm now.

Not been an update for a bit.

Removed the "stop_car" function. It wasn't reliable and caused a few bugs.

Added furniture on the deck of Cortez's boat.

Fixed the few incorrect z-angles.

Upon further testing, Cleaver and Machete seem to be partially synced. Sometimes they work, usually they don't. VCC still has Hammer and removed the Cleaver from the toolshops.