50 posts rule

xerox

Should members be required to have 50 posts before starting up a gang?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should members be required to have 50 posts before starting up a gang?

• YES - There are too many small 'noob' gangs
    • NO - The more gangs the better

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm... It's tough to decide either way.

I'd say it's more the attitude/resposibility of the person that has more to do with their gang-creation abilities than anything (like, some of the MTA team have fewer than 50 posts, yet I'd trust them to be good :))

good point. but seeing as there is no real way to measure someones leadership and gang-making skills, it's important to let people get to know you before they consider joining a gang. Someone could be a real nice guy, but we won't know that till we hear a little from them.

example: already Ares has proven not to have much tact. (although he seems to genuinely want to start a gang) how many people do you think will join his gang?

i think u should increase the post count to like 75 or 100 cuz i just joined the mta community like 3 weeks ago and i got more than 50 posts i think...and not many ppl kno who i am so ppl under 75 well basically have no respect resulting in another worthless gang...just my thinking :lol::lol::lol:

thats my point, getting 50 posts isnt that hard, i would also like 50 posts and 1 month of forums, but now people will complain too much

though i guess there may be an exception for the large gtaforums.com gangs, wonder why they havent started any mta related stuff yet?

I am not sure about the posts count restriction.:? Some ppl just dont have the time to post on these forums,but that doesnt mean that they aren't qualified to start a clan of their own.Yes i agree that many users here are starting(spaming)clans/gangs just out of pure boredom and mainly just to get noticed by the community.Before announcing a clan at all u should first plan out and organize a few things here and there and recruit some people of course for your clan.Like i said, this shouldnt be post related instead the clan should have to reach a certian number of members before the clan can be announced as official.Maybe u could add a recruits forum of somekind where they could recruit(and only recruit) new members instead of posting it in the official gangs forum. :?

I think there should be a rating system. one forum for official gangs. another for n00b gangs. after so much time and after the consideration and approval of the Forum moderators, then they can join the big leagues. I dunno, just thinkin'. and mabye have a min. members count to join the official forums. i know that for some decent gangs that may be a problem, but it would still be up to the mods. :idea:

I have no problem with official/unofficial/noob gangs or whatever, as it removes the need for restrictions etc, and maybe official and unofficial gangs can be split up into 2 seperate forums etc

but this requires people to be working on that etc.