i want to add maps too (maybe from google earth)

hey team!

what about getting textures from google earth and then add it beside las venturas or san fierro then according to landscape, trees buildings and hills rivers i want to add in the game. in short i like to say that i like to add the whole earth or my country or my city atleast.

is it possible?

think about it guyz

u got brains

:D

regards

It's really not that easy. It's possible but every building would have to be modeled and it would require an ENERMOUS amount of time! I'm talking about months of non-stop working for a middle sized town. If you want to make it look as good as SA of course.

If he wan't to import them.Then it's won't take so much time.

It sure won't! Especially when he gets that "2D-map to 3D-objects with height and details"- converter program from you. I presumed that you have that because you think it's a quick thing to do.

friends,

in the gameplay (san andreas) at one moment i was hiding at a distant area from los santos to avoid police and i remember about playing some race type missions.

at the beginning of the game it shows that i just arrived at a airport terminal after releasing my baggage i go for a taxi cab and then story shows about police harassing etc...

both situation above can be more realistic by adding real USA/UK satellite image/textures or the whole earth map so carl can really go to airport and fly to middle east to escape from police and the player really have to go through the landscape of earth by aeroplane/jets or hijacked aeroplane ...

the character in the game woozi is a chineese character and he can also supply chineese missions too. so like this every culture and society of earth will be added in one game. all the players of different countries are playing in a huge earth map with their known places and buildings.

now the problem is google earth 3d textures of the earth is a matter of about several tera bytes of graphical data. if such a huge data is to handle means a life time job for a team.

but

if our world builder can give support so millions of users can update their own places by theirselves and they will upload to a single database which will be centrally hosted by mta or other company directed by mta.

so this way the gta world will grow to a perfect world day by day.

now about the game loading time...

when CJ in USA, he doesnt need to load maps for BANGLADESH. CJ just need to get his surroundings. i think its not too tough and also theres no need to be hurry. we just found the idea about this and lets see and hope in the future it will happen!

and lastly sorry for my long post.

friends,

in the gameplay (san andreas) at one moment i was hiding at a distant area from los santos to avoid police and i remember about playing some race type missions.

at the beginning of the game it shows that i just arrived at a airport terminal after releasing my baggage i go for a taxi cab and then story shows about police harassing etc...

both situation above can be more realistic by adding real USA/UK satellite image/textures or the whole earth map so carl can really go to airport and fly to middle east to escape from police and the player really have to go through the landscape of earth by aeroplane/jets or hijacked aeroplane ...

the character in the game woozi is a chineese character and he can also supply chineese missions too. so like this every culture and society of earth will be added in one game. all the players of different countries are playing in a huge earth map with their known places and buildings.

now the problem is google earth 3d textures of the earth is a matter of about several tera bytes of graphical data. if such a huge data is to handle means a life time job for a team.

but

if our world builder can give support so millions of users can update their own places by theirselves and they will upload to a single database which will be centrally hosted by mta or other company directed by mta.

so this way the gta world will grow to a perfect world day by day.

now about the game loading time...

when CJ in USA, he doesnt need to load maps for BANGLADESH. CJ just need to get his surroundings. i think its not too tough and also theres no need to be hurry. we just found the idea about this and lets see and hope in the future it will happen!

and lastly sorry for my long post.

There are hundreds of thousands maps for CS and i believe they all combined together won't make a normal sized town. And yet they must take more than a few terabytes of space combined. I don't think MTA servers can provide that kind of bandwidth. And i also don't think there will be an easy fast way to create those maps too.

Sorry if I may sound hostile but I honestly think this was a dumb idea. Truly something like this couldnt happen. First off this is a single mod, however it may be highly advanced and good at integrating other mods. the mod is no where near "perfectly stable" I mean It seems to me you seem to be spitting out Ideas that simply pop into your head, and filling up other threads with them.

Its not like you are the first person to think about this. What do you think games like Second Life are trying to do? Even some of the most top of the line technology could come close to what it would take to support a life sized city.

And your texturing idea may seem good but however it is also flawed. Importing textures isnt as simple as just laying them over the map and hope they fit. Also most of Google Earth is 2d. And how will you go about getting all these textures. Im almost sure Google Earth wouldntjust "give" away there satelite taken images to some "modder". Then what is your alternative takeing thousands of images from your computer??

It seems like very un-thought out?

ps. Can someone please help me with my post over in the other thread "MTA SA Motion Blur" I could desperately use some help.

Hmm, well, being a soon-to-be Geographic Information Systems (GIS) graduate, it would be possible but totally exceed the object count available provided by MTA.

This could be done a few ways.

Simply put... (but probably over 99.9% of your heads)

If you really want to be precise, use ArcGIS and AutoDesk Map 3D to input your GPS points; however, not only will you need the UTM coordinates for the location, you'd need the UTM coordinates for all vertices of every building and object. On the contrary, you can roughly build each building by knowing each UTM coordinate and plotting it within AutoDesk Map 3D, adding depth by adding setting the number of stories. From there, you could export the object and import it into Google Sketchup (free) and add textures to it.

For topography, you could take a MrSID image (georeferenced and depth values (X, Y, Z)), import it into ArcGIS (ArcMap), create a raster, bring it into ArcScene or Blender (GNU free) and add textures, etc. Then, you could export it as XML and integrate it within the game with a few tweaks. The translation process would be longer, unconventional and possibly not be compatible, but that's how it can be done.

That's generally how we do it in GIS.

totally understood!

:shock:

(i only know where is the power button of my pc)

:roll:

thanks ! for your reply nazca,

hope my team mta geniuses got your point...

and i think i better learn how to model , render etc. atleast to understand your message, lol.