Custom Model Support! (by IJs)

Brophy

The last few days we've been adding some pretty impressive stuff to Multi Theft Auto, and we would love to show you what we're up to right now.

Earlier, we mentioned that custom models would theoretically be possible to do with our "resources" system for easy transferring and loading of scripts.

Well.. we managed to add on-the-fly and fully scriptable custom model support and model manipulation , including collisions, to MTA. In other words, the scripts you run on your server can now have custom or manipulated models for objects or vehicles which allows you to do stuff like: attaching new wheels to vehicles, adding new buildings to the game, adding new vehicles to the game, attaching new objects to (new) vehicles, or anything else you would normally do by messing around with the model/texture/collision files.

The video shows us importing some new vehicle skins as a whole, importing only parts of a vehicle such as the wheels, but also adding a custom .dff/txd (stored on harddrive) to a kart vehicle.

LINK TO VIDEO >>

And some screenshots of a random pack of models (1st screenshot), as well as our development wheel testing pack (thanks to Johnline).

models.png

wheelsa.png

wheelsb.png

All the necessary models will get transferred through MTA to any players that are in the server. Scripts should also be able to specify exactly what model parts of e.g. a vehicle or building you want to replace, import, delete, move, scale, rotate, attach, etcetera, etcetera.

Hope you like it. We sure do, and we'll be showing you some more soon!

Right about time this feature has been added, Nice work, wasn't it announced since the MTA:Blue page came up? ;) (link)

I'm not certain how we do this yet, havn't been here or looked at the code, but the old blue info was based on VC(DX8), im guessing its a little different in SA(DX9) and i dont think they were sync'd(sent to clients through a resource system) before.

• 2 months later...

do u plan to make some "resource center"? like mta mapping center, but just with resources in it. like if i want to make some army vehicle, so i post it there and map admins, server admins, clans etc, can go straight there and dowload stuff.