live radio stations

is it possible to intrigate live radio streams into mta? that would be really good instead of listening to the same old stations that are on it all the time. it would mean that you can enter a car and listen to your favorite radio dj. it wold also need the option of you choosing what live streams you want in your version of the game as everyones taste is different.

Yeah, it would be kindof neat, every server could have their own radio station, and if streams were implemented into MTA, then people wouldn't need to start up WinAmp (since they cannot tabbout about anyways). As soon as you connect you can start receiving their radio stream, but can be disabled in the settings menu if you want. any suggestions?

yep. even if all the radio stations ingame can get replaced with live radio streams. and put in an option for u to choose your streaming links. so all the radio stations would be the ones you like. rather than putting up with someone elses taste. there must be a way to program the server to access the radio station files in the game files and replace them with streams.

i think thats a really good idea but may be a bit complicated as ye would need to stream from the internet or from a special reciever on your computer

gd idea though m8 :GMC::salute::salute::dark1::big7:

• 2 weeks later...
i think thats a really good idea but may be a bit complicated as ye would need to stream from the internet or from a special reciever on your computer

gd idea though m8

actually its not hard, just get WinAmp or Windows Media Player, which play streams, if thats what your talking about.

Now if you mean the server hosting the streams, well, that's not too hard either. Also, they can host it from anywhere (the same server, or a seperate one) as long as they just put the URL on the gaming server, people can easily find it and use it.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe such an idea would be possible using the new resource system. Unless I am confused about how resources work, songs could be loaded from an external location. This would save bandwidth for the server its self. Even if this could work, I still see one problem with this. Almost all the music that people want to listen to is copyrighted. Therefore, a server admin could be sued for using such a feature.

I like this idea :D

Wouldnt you rather have your bandwidth go towards something else in the game?

Have the streaming client side, and have the server just send the IP and port of the stream. Also, have it as an extra radio station, so people can choose whether to listen or not.

hey guys i follow MTA since 2004 and now i have registered now back on-topic i think there will be some lag in the moment when u are in the vehicle and turn the station on while connecting and i think another idea...WHAT IF THERE IS STATION SPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR THE ADMIN and where he can announce things from microphone like Skype and he can announce things like he is banning some1 or warning some1 or tell new thing have been posted on mtasa.com or he is going to restart the game THAT WILL BE NICE KICK ASS AWSOME SHIT WHAT U THINK ABOUT IT?

Edited by Guest

I think it could be done like this, so with online radio stations, you can download a file, and it playes like a normal file, either, making it .mp3, and edit the custom tracks thing to recognise it weirdness, or just leave it as it is, and have it recognise how it is. It wouldn't take bandwith since, its just your computer, to the internet radio station, not your comp to mta to radio.