Official GTA IV Trailer Thread

l2ebel

http://www.rockstargames.com/IV/ or http://www.gta4.com

Rockstar will release the trailer for GTA IV on Thursday March 29th. They got a countdown on the GTA IV site.

Instead of posting countless threads about it, post your thoughts while you wait for it or post your reaction once you have seen the trailer in this 'Official' thread

A new engine, better graphics and a new location!

Updated by BrophY

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • MTA Team

Only ten days left for the trailer. Can't wait for it :D

On a side note, Jordan has posted an interview with Sam Houser on planetgta.

One bit of it is especially interesting:

In an extremely important section of Houser's lost interview, he went in-depth on the possibility of the one thing that could make the leap successful: online multi-player.

Houser responded with exciting details when he was asked if GTA would "translate well into the online area" and if it is something that Rockstar is going to try.

"Definitely. It's something that's been talked about for an awfully long time. It's something that presses all of our buttons."

Next, we get a hint. This is where we get a statement that almost completely confirms that an online experience is how the leap will take place with, hopefully, success:

"Like the way that from 2D to 3D was a magnificent jump, I think the same is true when we do that jump into online. How we do it, when we do it, and what it is that we do...those are the question marks."

What can we not expect? What will Rockstar be sure not to do in the future games such as GTA IV? He went on to reveal some tidbits:

"Just giving people deathmatch, or even a cooperative deathmatch...that's not GTA. When we [go] online with GTA, it's got to be right."

Personally, I see the mediocre multi-player modes of the "Stories" games as being a testing platform to gauge what might work in a PlayStation Home Network or Xbox Live environment. Houser wasn't done revealing, though:

"I'm more inclined to look at areas, believe it or not, like EverQuest and use that for inspiration. Because we know we can make the action fun and engaging."

Taking all of this into consideration, one might ask if there is a plan for what is to come after GTA IV. Looking back to GTA III, Vice City and San Andreas, Houser stated that doing those three games in those three locations was the plan from "a long time ago."

So maybe that would lead to a gta-like MMO after gta4 ? Or maybe that MMO will be gta4 itself? Hopefully in ten days we'll all see.

"Oxford, UK -- Feb. 27, 2007 -- NaturalMotion, the award-winning developer of 3D animation technology based on Dynamic Motion Synthesis (DMS), today announced a partnership with Rockstar Games, Inc., [...] to integrate NaturalMotion's revolutionary euphoria engine into upcoming next-generation Rockstar Games titles. Rockstar's integration of euphoria is well advanced, with today's announcement following several months of close collaboration between the two companies.

"[...] euphoria uses the processing power of [the PlayStation 3] and [Xbox 360] to simulate the human body and nervous system, thus creating fully interactive game characters that act differently every time. [...] Games move away from canned animation, towards a [...] life-like experience that is unique to the player.

"Further announcements regarding specific titles will follow at a later date."

Source: NaturalMotion Press Release.

Thank god I didn´t see this thread till just now xD

I would have been tripping for two weeks.. 16 hours left, hell motherfucking yeah!

Regarding the lack of a release on PC.. They say the POS3 is equivalent of 9 high end PCs.. maybe GTA IV is too hefty for a PC? :albino:

Speaking of lack, anyone played STALKER? Man I thought the lag was okay because it was supposed to be open ended, til I released how small the maps are.. and it took them what, 8 years of development ? Rofl lamers.. The AI is a joke too, the attacking NPCS all politely line up around the corner so you can blow their face off one at a time.. pffft

Anyway! GTA IV trailer yay!