Why R* did not include multiplayer in GTA3/GTAVC

Guest biatch

Emmm not too sure where you have been getting your information at. But PS2 is quite capable of playing games online. Perhaps you haven't noticed the myriad of games that are on PS2, the most recent and well known are MegaMan (something i don't like it cause I like old school Mega Man and X) and Ever Quest (Jesus what's the point of these kind of games?!). Maybe consider that Rockstar is a lazy company and they have never specialized in too many multiplayer games if any. Out of all of their work I can't think of any but GTA and GTA2 and the MP versions of those were horrible. However if a few amateur coders (sorry devs but once you put out something = to the game itself I'll call you pro's, not that what you've done wasn't a challenge :) ) can bring this into a multiplayer element. Well then I think we can expect the company to flex it's muscle and show off in further sequels. If we continue to make this mod grow, and Rockstar notices they may just decide that Multiplayer is a definite way to improve gameplay (and sales). And on a final note, Sony isn't the distributer or the game. So they can only control the PS2 version. Rockstar can make anything they want for PC. Ever notice a PS2 symbol when you load up GTA-GTA3 or GTA:VC?

Obviousely we know that PS2 has online games, try reading the thread more carefully.

I think you'll find that the situation is a bit more complicated than "Ever notice a PS2 symbol when you load up GTA-GTA3 or GTA:VC?".

It's not uncommon for large companies to have complicated agreements regarding when and how and if games/movies/anything else can/cannot be released in relation to other companies games/movies etc. Even if they are part of the same group.

This is the wonderful world of big business. :(

• MTA Team

The PS2 is capable of online gaming now. But when GTA3 was in development online gaming on PS2 was not yet a factor. And the PC game could not have any extras due to the contract between R* and Sony.

And after deleting all the mp junk code out of the engine Sony comes with online gaming and R* did not want to put everything back in probably.

And another game from R* that has MP is for example midnight Club 2 which is god damn fun : ctf with cars :P