MTASA Deathmatch Maps

Ransom

Of course if we like your map it will be included in the map pack with some scripts/gamemodes. The QA team is mostly busy doing scripts, videos, testing features, finding out bugs etc., so it's always easier to grab a map already made by the community and use it when its needed.

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course if we like your map it will be included in the map pack with some scripts/gamemodes. The QA team is mostly busy doing scripts, videos, testing features, finding out bugs etc., so it's always easier to grab a map already made by the community and use it when its needed.

That is all self-evident. What would be of interest is a list of maps that have already been approved as to be included in the map pack. I think a lot of people in the community would really appreciate getting this info and that it could spark some new life to the community's efforts to create DM maps pre-release (looking at this thread it should be obvious that not much is happening in that area right now...).

what happens if i upload my map without those scripst? coz i cant use them.

will you can use the map without the scripts??

actually you dont have to upload any scripts for maps, that's QA Team's job to add scripts to your maps

Ok thanks. I'm working on a WW2 map in flint county.

I can't open other people's maps with map editor. Do anybody know why? :? And if i open my map with text editor i see the scripts are mixed, but with other peolpe's map I see the scripst clean. Is this a problem? Because I don't want to lost my finished maps!

And the object limit is 250 is it??

And I found a bug in map editor.

I made about 170 objects and sometimes the program doesn't load some objects and there's nothing instead of them.

Anyway I'm working now on a city with houses, skyscrapers, and a dock. I still finished it but it needs houses and lamps and trash and so on.

:wink:

if the other ppl's maps u want to open in map editor are made for dm and there are , etc DM-ish tags, u cant open them in MTA:SA:R map editor, because that editor doesnt recognize such tags.

if ur custom city is somewhere, like, in LS, on the ground, u have to count LS objects + ur custom objects for that area, in object limit. so make maps either far away from the city on the water or far away from the city and water (if u need or dont need water for map)

---

now, my Q about CTF gamemode if there will b such: what can we use for flags? and how to remove/place them back?

--

and a Q about DE gamemode: is there a way to deactivate a bomb?

--

tnx in advance

i cant make my map normally because sometimes the program doesn't load some objects and i fall down :S:S

(I'm over 200 objects)

do anybody knows how can fix this bug??????

i cant make my map normally because sometimes the program doesn't load some objects and i fall down :S:S

(I'm over 200 objects)

that's not a bug, that's an object limit, there's nothing you can do with it

(I'm over 200 objects)

does this happen sometimes only, when your camera position is rather far away from the spawns, and are your spawnpoints above an object you placed manually ?

if so dont worry, might be an issue with draw distance - try reloading your map and starting it a few times from a camera pos. near the spawns.

That "bug" happens to me quite often.

here is a hint on how to "overrride" the object limit: make sure your map is big enough to not show up entirely even if you set the draw distance to maximum. If your map is exceeding the draw distance limits it will also cope with more than 256 objects (thats the max number for objects in a similar area). I've done maps with more than 550 objects and have seen maps with over 650 objects. However, there will be some issues with pauses while objects are loading on maps like these, so i do recommend you stick to the 256 object limit

Theres a debug that tells you when you are going overboard, theres no definable 'limit', it will be different depending on the object sizes. I think in console you type debug_pools 1 or dbg_pools 1.. something like that (its been awhile for me).

The only hope to get beyond this is if they find a way to create objects as "building" types, which has not been done yet. Theoretically, that would allow 1000s.

here is a hint on how to "overrride" the object limit: make sure your map is big enough to not show up entirely even if you set the draw distance to maximum. If your map is exceeding the draw distance limits it will also cope with more than 256 objects (thats the max number for objects in a similar area). I've done maps with more than 550 objects and have seen maps with over 650 objects. However, there will be some issues with pauses while objects are loading on maps like these, so i do recommend you stick to the 256 object limit

Just like Wurst says. Just spread your objects over a larger area. My DM map has over 1000 objects and it's showing up fine. Also keep in mind that dynamic objects (like exploding barrels) are most likely going to cause problems when used in large numbers and high density. Even if you didn't hit the 256 object limit!

• 4 weeks later...