MTASA Deathmatch Maps

Ransom

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice map, but the video is no sense :lol:

It's a quick preview video...nothing more, nothing less :wink: .

btw. forgot to mention that there's no way players can "escape". The entire area is surrounded by an invisible wall. You can't swim underneath the island or fly over the barriers :lol: .

You can also just use the shark script ;)

I have a question about glue and such (because I have an idea for a DM map).

1-How well can you link a bunch of items together using glue (so they move together)

2-How well can you make something move? can it be done client side(with a script)? Can you set a certain path for the objects to take?

I had an idea of making a map called Flying Fortress where theres some big castle in the sky for 1 team and the other is a fleet of small airships that tries to attack the castle. would be cool if the ships could be controlled, or even if they had their own set path. I think it would be a fun map, playing as pirates in the air instead of water and if you fall, it'll be painful :twisted:

I had an idea of making a map called Flying Fortress where theres some big castle in the sky for 1 team and the other is a fleet of small airships that tries to attack the castle. would be cool if the ships could be controlled, or even if they had their own set path. I think it would be a fun map, playing as pirates in the air instead of water and if you fall, it'll be painful :twisted:

heh, exactly my thoughts ;) I'd really love to play a map like that, I wonder if we can use special FX like colored fog, sparks, lights etc.. you could give the place a magical kinda feel, if you know what I mean..

Yeah yeah, I know that but can you move smoothly on multiple axes at the same time etc...

like rocking a boat is nice but can you make it rock slightly while advancing, and then turning.

I don't have any code insight but if they can move objects I'm pretty sure you will be able to move it along a path (with multiple threads running different "animations"). And the snow tutorial shows the use of delay which you can somehow use to control the smoothness of objects in motion. But again, this is just a wild guess by looking at what they've shown so far.

I have a question about glue and such (because I have an idea for a DM map).

1-How well can you link a bunch of items together using glue (so they move together)

2-How well can you make something move? can it be done client side(with a script)? Can you set a certain path for the objects to take?

This was all in the scripting video - the RC planes were objects.

wip tdm_aztec:

-weapons:

melee - Brass Knuckles, Baseball Bat

pistols - all

smg - MP5

shotguns - SPAS-12

assault rifles - all

long rifles - all

thrown - Molotov Cocktail, Grenade, Tear Gas

heavy artillery - RPG

-vehicles: Sanchez, FCR-900, Club, Dinghy

*map name is tdm_aztec, cause I tried to copy de_aztec, failed and here is what u'll get

-screenshots:

vagospark2ve3.th.jpg vagosparkqf5.th.jpg vagoshqdr2.th.jpg vagosdock2ak3.th.jpg

vagosdockxw2.th.jpg redbridgeyk8.th.jpg redbridge2uk0.th.jpg thebridgegd5.th.jpg

themiddleparkpk8.th.jpg vagosbase2fc8.th.jpg 2ndbridgeef0.th.jpg

Sure, I'm alright with that (especially since I'm a map making noob). I'm at school right now, but my Aim is Gok1724. Not sure if you have that or not, but i'll check back when i get home :P

if you look right under my sig you can see that I have yahoo and MSN messenger, but let's remain on topic now.. ;)

I have a really crazy idea for a map too but at this point it seems a bit pointless to make because it's going to depend a lot on scripts. What I have in mind is a closed area big enough to hold 32 players which will start high in the air. The closed object will be set into motion along scripted paths with varying descending/ascending speed (approximately at a player's normal fall speed). Inside the area you will experience moments of weightlessness due to the fall speed of the surrounding "box". "RC bombs" (seen in the Christmas video I think) will randomly spawn inside the object and slam into the walls (the fall speed of the object and its direction will determine the wall). And players will have to avoid being hit or getting near to the spot of impact (it's like normal skydiving but inside a closed area). O, and the "box" will also rotate along the axis :twisted: .

I will call the map "Laundromat" so don't steal my idea j/k :wink: .

Edited by Guest