Some questions to the oldies (Original community members)

Vicer/Spitfire

Question

First one was oMg(Dead), second was BLASTA, third was RMO(Dead), VCK(Kinda sorta alive), Red Dragons(Didn't last a week), and I don't remember the order in which the others appeared. I could tell though which are the oldest and still alive(or not, I dunno)- VCP, VCES, FMJ and that's about all I remember.

Probably missed a bunch, but bleh.

Edit: Oh yeah, right! SM were there a bit before VCP.

original mta gang (OMG) - made up of the devs

stunt masters (SM) - still alive

russian mafia organization (RMO) - long dead

vice city killaz (VCK) - alive and kicking

BLASTA - a forum gang

^definitive answer, but I never heard of "red dragons" and have no recollection of them.

Hey noone bothered to answer question #2! There was 1 official tourney and VCP won it ;P back when iggy, deathb, myself, quite a few of the oldest ULK members, and some others long gone won it. It used to be on the wikipedia but noname jealous gangs wanting advertising space deface it constantly (it also mentioned the first gangs but they replace those as well).

btw sloth that wouldnt be the definitive list since he wanted alive only. Its probably:

SM

VCK

BLASTA

VCP

...and somethin else maybe FMJ now due to all the dead ones

I guess the "definitive list" or "notable gangs" people have listed here are only the ones they've been involved with. =)

There have been hundreds of gangs throughout MTA's history and all of them have claimed that they were the best. You can't summarize this in just one sentence.

That doesn't really make any difference. Being "an old and respected clan" is pretty much the same as being "the best clan," and it's often used in the same line. It's just another thing people use for bragging rights. I'm not sure what relevance it would serve anyway, as most of the clans listed here were formed around the exact same time as the rest that have survived to this day, if only a few months earlier.

Which brings me to my original point yet again, you can't summarize this in just one sentence.

he asked a specific question about the oldest, no ones tooting their own horn by answering. (unless they are lying) and honestly I draw no connection to being older and being the best. there is quite a large gap between the ones listed and the majority of current gangs tough, far more than a few months.

Yes, he asked a specific question, but he also requested it being added to the website. This is the same person that kept adding the "notable gangs" to our Wikipedia article. My comments were more or less directed to him. Being an old clan doesn't give you immediate mention over all the others that have come and went for the past three years.

oh its just another temper tantrum cause hes from ULK and they dont apply to 'the oldest gangs' :roll:

That list isnt padded, those are the oldest gangs still alive. Besides, in their time, those gangs were some of the best around. It stands more as a historic stance than a 'we are the best gangs' stance.

Well, I don't know where you got the idea that this is about me, but I think before starting an argument on the basis of that and your opinion that the gangs listed here are notable because of their "historic stance," you should first and foremost actually read what I've said and then take a look at every gang's history in MTA and not just your own. Then maybe you'll realize that your self-importance really means nothing and there are gangs more worth mentioning than VCP, especially if such a list were to be included on any of MTA's official resources.

Well, I don't know where you got the idea that this is about me, but I think before starting an argument on the basis of that and your opinion that the gangs listed here are notable because of their "historic stance," you should first and foremost actually read what I've said and then take a look at every gang's history in MTA and not just your own. Then maybe you'll realize that your self-importance really means nothing and there are gangs more worth mentioning than VCP, especially if such a list were to be included on any of MTA's official resources.

So its not your anger of the first gangs being the only ones mentioned, but my need to gloat for VCP? Well I dont know if you noticed, but Im out of VCP and I have a neutral stance. However, it has the right to be in the story of MTA's history along with those other gangs because they were the pioneers (that started and survived). Whos to say what gang is good enough to deserve mention? That is why only the first gangs were mentioned in the main section, because they were categorized as historic (with the exception of VCP being the tourney winners but thats also historic).

I'm not against a section listing the gangs of past & present MTA but the pioneers do deserve special mention in the main section of MTA's history. The pioneers of ANYTHING do have prestiege, whether you like it or not. It does give them a certain quality which people admire over the newer gangs. That is probably why the topic starter asked for this information, out of admiration for the pioneers.

well, the forum was ugly and took 3 minutes to load, we were all thrilled to see a car move that was being controlled by someone else, and odie's stuntpark was a regular fixture for a lot of players. I'm sure a lot of us could sense that it was the start of something big, even at its primitive state.

Personally, this was the first forum I ever actually registered to post in (even after lurking for a while)

So its not your anger of the first gangs being the only ones mentioned, but my need to gloat for VCP? Well I dont know if you noticed, but Im out of VCP and I have a neutral stance. However, it has the right to be in the story of MTA's history along with those other gangs because they were the pioneers (that started and survived). Whos to say what gang is good enough to deserve mention? That is why only the first gangs were mentioned in the main section, because they were categorized as historic (with the exception of VCP being the tourney winners but thats also historic).

I'm not against a section listing the gangs of past & present MTA but the pioneers do deserve special mention in the main section of MTA's history. The pioneers of ANYTHING do have prestiege, whether you like it or not. It does give them a certain quality which people admire over the newer gangs. That is probably why the topic starter asked for this information, out of admiration for the pioneers.

This "pioneer" term you're referring to seems synonymous to "old and respected," and I believe I've already expressed my point of view there. I think you still don't quite get what I'm saying.

Your list of "pioneer" gangs is biased and incomplete. Where is the line drawn? Where do you stop including gangs that were formed past a certain point? What exactly is it that these gangs have pioneered, and how have they been influential to other gangs throughout the course of MTA's history?

If they haven't accomplished anything other than staying together, then why do they deserve immediate mention over another gang that might have formed a year later, yet retained greater influence over those that followed?

For crying out loud, you two. He asked for a list of the first FIVE OR SO first gangs. What's the whole 'omg repcte' debate for? I gave him my answer, others gave him slightly different answers, but all in all he's asking for FACT, not if they had historic meaning or shit. If it bothers you so much I'll just say it here, add it to the wiki or whatever the fuck you're fighting about.

VCP won the 0.2 tournament by winning against every single gang. Some time after VCP grew much larger, and of-course conflicts arose. At the end of one of those VCP split to VCP and ULK, leaded by Ransom and DeathB. Through time, VCP slowly gone smaller, much like other 'oldie' gangs, while ULK became quite large, and was one of the best gangs around for a long long time. ULK went through the same getting-smaller process eventually, so it's safe to call it 'oldie' now too.

THERE. HAPPY? I bet I'll get flamed now for calling you 'small' and 'old'.