MTA crashes after splash screen, please help

Guest SlapbassistChris

As i run MTA client, an error message comes up and says:

gta_sa.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Send error report etc, MTA worked before but i have no idea what has happened, ive tried changing the exe to the unsenored version and other version even a no cd thing (not that i like using that stuff).

My san andreas works on single player and ive reinstalled sa and mta serval times and tried taking gta sa set files off, any suggestions for me to overcome this problem

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

I receive the same problem. Then again, I've upgraded my system to an Intel Duo Core 2 6400, etc. and also did a fresh Windows install. This might help, I've attached the generated error log.

See below threads for an error log output.

PS - I recently got GTA:SA working (not MTA yet)- called R* and they told me to run GTA:SA in compatibility mode with NT4 (SP5) due to my LV DVD-RAM having some copy-protection issues with the game.

Previously, both worked on my past system with different components.

Edited by Guest

More files to help with this problem...

Dxdiag export - http://avalanchemedia.ca/other/dxdiag.txt

Full System Specs -

- Antec 550W TruPowerII

- ASUS P5N32-SLI Premium/WiFi

- Intel Duo Core 2 6400 (Conroe; 2.13GHz)

- Corsair TwinX2048-5400C4PT

- XFX 7950GT Xtreme Edition (Passive Cooled)

- Seagate SATA2 320GB with Windows XP Home SP2 (OEM)

- Cavalry SATA2 320GB (external USB2.0)

- Hyundai L70N 17" 16ms LCD

- Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS

- LG DVD-RAM

- ASUS CDR/W 52x24x52

- D-Link DI-604 router

- Logitech X-530 (5.1) surround sound

- Logitech MX-510 (red) mouse

- Logitech G15 keyboard (LCD, blue LED letters)

- Logitech QuickCam

- Canon CanoScan 3200F scanner

- HP DeskJet 932C printer

• 3 weeks later...

I'd also like to add, I've only done an XP Repair from the previously new motherboard (Asus P5PE-VM; which I got recently too, because I had a new AGP videocard and didn't want to go to PCI-E yet and this mb also supported Conroe processors) which allowed me to continue where I left off without formatting and starting fresh again. Now, it shouldn't conflict with the previous chipset drivers; all of my current Asus P5N32-SLI Premium chipset drivers have been installed and the same problem occurs. I've recently talked to "Stephen|AFI" (thanks again, Stephen) about this problem and no solutions were found.

Here's my dxdiag.txt for more info: http://avalanchemedia.ca/other/dxdiag.txt

(I've got a temp ATI x300 installed until my new XFX 7950GT Xtreme Edition arrives; also, temp 1GB of DDR2 installed until I receive my new Corsair 2GB)

Ok, here's what I'm going to do and here's what I found out.

Since the same problem has continued onto when I got the new motherboard (after using the XP Repair), I'm going to backup my data on DVD's and probably do a reformat with a fresh Windows XP install tomorrow. Perhaps the previous chipset drivers clashed. Mind you, it was for an eighty dollar motherboard and one of a kind (AGP + Conroe compatible: Asus P5PE-VM). And, currently, I'm using the Asus P5N32-SLI Premium with WiFi. Also, to be honest, I just tried SA-MP and the same error occurred with that so it's not MTA, just to confirm.

Ok, I formatted and did a fresh Windows XP install.

Same problem. This is ridiculous. Sounds to me like a hardware issue with MTA and SA-MP; odd it is, but GTA:SA itself works fine. I don't understand. :/

I also have all of the latest drivers and Windows Updates installed.

Any help on this matter would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

NazcaC2

And please link to error reports and dont include them.. your thread is hardly readable anymore.

Back ontopic:

Vorbisfile.dll is crashing. As my searching skills tell me, this is caused by a "copyprotection"-patch. Are you using a no-cd patch?

Okay, sorry. I just separated my findings to make it more 'readable', but anyways...

As I referred to on the first page, I have a new LG DVD-RAM with copy-protection. Upon attempting to run singleplayer without any changes, the game shows an hourglass for a quarter of a second, then disappears. Rockstar instructed me to run GTA:SA in compatibilty mode with NT4 (SP5) to bypass the copy-protection on the DVD-RAM. This enables GTA:SA (singleplayer) to function properly. However, whether compatibility mode is enabled or not, MTA:SA will not function. I keep getting that error.

Edited by Guest

Yes, singleplayer is working properly. See updated post (above yours).

PS - should I try it with my previous DVD-ROM to see if it makes a difference or do we know that it's the DVD-RAM with copy-protection for sure?

PPS - I really don't see why MTA:SA doesn't work, because (while I own a legitimate bought version) if I use the no-cd crack or set singleplayer up with compatibility mode, SA singleplayer version works fine. However, MTA:SA still displays that error and must close. Also, like I said earlier, MTA:SA and SA-MP display this behavior. Possibly a new CPU feature which disallows this sort of thing? I don't think so, but who knows...