Question on upcoming MTA:SA version.

Guest Violator

Sorry if this has been asked before or discussed before, I tried my best to use the search feature to find a topic somewhat relevant but to no avail.

I am curious on the name tags in the upcoming version, can the server toggle to turn them off until directly making contact with another client (Joe can see Sam in the bush, shoots him and THEN his health/name appear)

Or are the names permanent, so at a certain distance it will automatically show a name and health.

Thanks in advance.

Currently you only see the tag if you point at someone (face them directly or aim at them with a weapon), but this might change before release. There may even be options to display them differently.

Hope it changes in future.. if you see a player's name only when you aim at him it won't be easy to play clanwars in MTA:SA or just even play in a server with your mates :roll:

One thing i never liked about MTA:VC was the fact you could see players names/healthbars through solid objects (walls/buildings/cars/etc).

When you had a clan match, it was impossible to implement stealth, as you could see exactly where everyone was all the time.

I personally would like to see the system error mentioned remain in place, either that or give the option serverside.

Nothing worse than creeping up on someone, who manages to see you coming through 4 buidlings, numerous vehicles and a bloody great wall, and then lobbing a nade at you just as you reach that bloody great wall.

Please don't implement that in MTA:SA ;)

yes i played counter stike.. completely different games.. CS at least has different skins for both teams, and it shows your team members on the radar, and many-many other stuff

You just stated exactly what MTA has. Congratulations.

You missed his point, in MTA teams don't necessarily have different skins, and its possible you could see not just your team, but everyone on the radar, maybe even with the same colored blips.

yes i played counter stike.. completely different games.. CS at least has different skins for both teams, and it shows your team members on the radar, and many-many other stuff

You just stated exactly what MTA has. Congratulations.

You missed his point, in MTA teams don't necessarily have different skins, and its possible you could see not just your team, but everyone on the radar, maybe even with the same colored blips.

Well, you an at least try to choose skins for a certain team, like every cop skin in one team and every terrorist lookalikes in the other team. That way you can have different skins for the same team - one team one skin type.

Looks like you've never played a clanwar in MTA.. Mostly people from both teams choose the same skins as they are choosen by the weapons they have.. At least it was in MTA0.5.. and imo its pointless to compare games like MTA and CS.. I cant imagine a match where everyone is playing same skins and you see their names only when you aim at them (dont forget i've played lots of matches for 2.5 years playing mta)

Looks like you've never played a clanwar in MTA.. Mostly people from both teams choose the same skins as they are choosen by the weapons they have.. At least it was in MTA0.5.. and imo its pointless to compare games like MTA and CS.. I cant imagine a match where everyone is playing same skins and you see their names only when you aim at them (dont forget i've played lots of matches for 2.5 years playing mta)

VC is a completely different game. It's just running circles until your opponent makes themselves vulnerable. In SA, you need to stand still to fire (most) weapons (hence why the run and gun weapons are overpowered). Unless you have some seeing disability, it isn't hard to tell who's on your team, even if they're the exact same skin, which of course will probably never actaully happen.

And if your gonna bring years into account here, my join date > yours.

VC is a completely different game. It's just running circles until your opponent makes themselves vulnerable. In SA, you need to stand still to fire (most) weapons (hence why the run and gun weapons are overpowered). Unless you have some seeing disability, it isn't hard to tell who's on your team, even if they're the exact same skin, which of course will probably never actaully happen.

And if your gonna bring years into account here, my join date > yours.

How can you tell who's on your team if everyones the same skin and there're no nametags? :roll:

This won't be a problem in Deathmatch.

imagine a bunch of players with same from both teams runnig around shooting each other and you're standing in some distance with AK, you will need to aim at all of them to find your enemy.. Easyer when the name tags are always shown

Yeah but the question is: why would you have two teams with the same skins?

The join date only resembles the date you joined the forums, not literally the time you started playing the mod.

It's the only thing that can actually provide proof. Not like I signed up on the forums the first time I ever played MTA either.

How can you tell who's on your team if everyones the same skin and there're no nametags? :roll:

This won't be a problem in Deathmatch.

Like I said, it'll never happen anyway.

Either way, it's pointless to talk about it. The way that it will work (to my knowledge) is that it will only show the targets name while hovering over the player. Honestly, that's the best way you can do it.