Runtime Error 10054: Connection Reset by Remote Side

Guest OnEE187

Okay, here is my process to get the error.

*Note: Im Using WinXP w/ SP1

1. Installed GTA3 and started a game to build the TXD

2. Installed MTA.3b in the GTA3 directory (folder w/ GTA3.exe)

3. Installed the v1.1 Patch

4. Installed the audio patch

5. Click on the Launcher and select GTA3 MTA

6. The connection window (with the IP address) opens

7. GTA3 opens

8. I start a game in GTA3 (so the credits are rolling and im flying through the city)

9. Press Alt + TAB

10. Type in a user name

11. Version is at 1.1 (yes i restarted the whole thing when i changed versions)

12. I hit Connect to Server

*Note: I have also tried connecting to the server before i start a game in GTA3.

This is what happends ....

1. In the message window is says Connecting to Server and Waiting for request.

2. An Error box comes up that says "Run-Time Error '10054': The connection is reset by remote side"

Any ideas on what is wrong here?

o calm down, i found a post that helped me out. you guys just need to chill. Im sorry i took 30seconds of your pressure day to ask a question that you didnt have to respond to.

Now go back to typing away on your little computers

• MTA Team

in theory i may ban you. When you enter our forums you get the rules first. We clearly state that you need the search function first. Do you now how many hours I have lost because of ppl like you whop flood the forum with useless questions

Inconsiderate? How am i inconsiderate. I didnt bash the MOD at all. In fact its a great MOD, obvisouly the best one to date. Im just saying Blokker, do what you gotta do. I didnt read the rules, wasted everyones time, and now i guess im being 'inconsiderate.' Thats three strikes by my count. I'm just saying Ban me if your gonna ban me. Stick to the rules, dont make exceptions.

Ban me too!! THe MTA team does not want to help. I go on ASE and there isnt alot of servers. why? Because everyone is getting these damn errors!!!!! I dont care if i get banned. Go ahead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!DAMNIT!

• MTA Team
Inconsiderate? How am i inconsiderate. I didnt bash the MOD at all. In fact its a great MOD, obvisouly the best one to date. Im just saying Blokker, do what you gotta do. I didnt read the rules, wasted everyones time, and now i guess im being 'inconsiderate.' Thats three strikes by my count. I'm just saying Ban me if your gonna ban me. Stick to the rules, dont make exceptions.

I hate ppl like you, you think you can do what you want and can order anyone around. you got a problem and what do you do? u go to the forum, don't respect the time and effort we put in to this place cause you do what you want. you post it somewhere confident someone will help you. People like you waste peoples time and effort to keep a forum like this in order.

alright... blokker... you need to calm down a bit... just delete/lock the topic, and give him a warning... if he does it again, then ban him... I know there are rules on the forum start page, but even I barely even remember them!

ok I think its official to say that.. blokker officialy cracked, crumbled under the annoyence of about 1000's n00bs asking the same damn question, now, OnEE 187, you may think, 30 sec isn't that much but multiplyt that by about 20, add another 5 min, then 10 for loading, and see how much tie you waist, because there are about 20 people like you a day ( I know I ewas a mod) that ask the same fucking easy to answer question every single day, and you try modding a forum like that, see how you take it after a couple of months, I'm surprised blokker made it this far, I myself dont even GO on the hlelp section because there are so many idiots there. so dont go saying "oh Im not inconsiderite its only 30 sec" tyour just being stupid, and trust me, on a single word I can have your ass flamed by a least 10 people, (and it'll seem like 30 trust me) so dont push it.

I hate ppl like you, you think you can do what you want and can order anyone around. you got a problem and what do you do? u go to the forum, don't respect the time and effort we put in to this place cause you do what you want. you post it somewhere confident someone will help you. People like you waste peoples time and effort to keep a forum like this in order.

May i ask where i ordered anyone around? besides saying ban me if you have to. And i also think that. And if not respecting this forum means i didnt read the rules then i guess me and (i would guess) the majority of the people here are not respecting the forum.

I didnt bash the MOD at all. In fact its a great MOD, obvisouly the best one to date.

That is about the only thing i can find that says anything about the integrity of this place.

no, you see, you got on blokkers meanbad vbbad sign, which puts your inturn on anzas, and xerox's bad sign, and that oputs you on the blasta gangs bad sign (the spamming gang) and they own the forum, and you don't release, that you just started off on the wrong threa,d maybe idf you had srearch, or possibly been known around here, you might o fbeen forgiven, but alas, you didn't, and now your hated by mostly every, if you dont like the forums, they probably wont like you, all your questions can be answered by searching, so dont waist our time again if you ever have a prroblem, just search and levae us all alone, oh, and fuck you these forums are great.

OnEE187, u fucking retard, cant anybody use the search option???\then u tell them to ban u??

its quite simple dont complain, blokker ownz u!

Who the hell cares if u didnt read the rule, nobody does, but that doesnt meen u dont have to follow them.

i hope u get banned and im wondering why this thread isnt clossed for flaming

You know what? Fuck this. I clearly stated in the TITLE what my problem was. Everyone knew what the fucking thread was about when they clicked here. If you knew what it meant why the fuck did you click on it!?! I realize i should've used the search, i know. But everyone that came in here knew what i was asking didnt you? So if you knew you were gonna be pissed off about it, why even come here? Damn!

And about this banning thing, I never said i wanted to be banned, i just said if i broke the rules then i GUESS i should be.

Who the hell cares if u didnt read the rule, nobody does, but that doesnt meen u dont have to follow them.

How the hell am i supposed to follow them if i didnt fucking read them?

fuck you these forums are great.

When did i say these forums sucked? Please tell me? cause they DID fix my problem.

Ownz me? First off, only fucking nerds that have fucking LAN parties say "I own you!" or "You just got owned." Second, Blokker ownz me? Fuck that. No one ownz me. I am owned because he controls whos banned and whos not? Im not owned by anyone here. Ya he controls if i come here or not, but that doesnt mean he fucking 'ownz me'.

I didnt bash the MOD at all. In fact its a great MOD, obvisouly the best one to date.

That is about the only thing i can find that says anything about the integrity of this place.

this could be though of as insulting this place, forum site, people all together, depending on how you look at it :)

LOL!!!

OH NO!!

he gonna cry boo hoo

haha yea i know. I cried for about an hour because no one is this forum likes me. I had to be consoled by my mommy and daddy. They always make me feel better. And they said not to even worry about what you all say cause your wrong. and your all poopy faces. so ha!

• MTA Team
You know what? Fuck this. I clearly stated in the TITLE what my problem was. Everyone knew what the fucking thread was about when they clicked here. If you knew what it meant why the fuck did you click on it!?! I realize i should've used the search, i know. But everyone that came in here knew what i was asking didnt you? So if you knew you were gonna be pissed off about it, why even come here? Damn!

And about this banning thing, I never said i wanted to be banned, i just said if i broke the rules then i GUESS i should be.

How the hell am i supposed to follow them if i didnt fucking read them?

fuck you these forums are great.

When did i say these forums sucked? Please tell me? cause they DID fix my problem.

Ownz me? First off, only fucking nerds that have fucking LAN parties say "I own you!" or "You just got owned." Second, Blokker ownz me? Fuck that. No one ownz me. I am owned because he controls whos banned and whos not? Im not owned by anyone here. Ya he controls if i come here or not, but that doesnt mean he fucking 'ownz me'.

I clicked on your link because it is my job to click on it.

A world without rules is a world in chaos. There is a reason why we placed those rules at an entry page to this forum. The reason are people like you who think they can post what they want where they want.

If you do not obey the rules, you do not respect the work of the people who try to keep this forum in order.

When i got a problem and i go to a forum, i use the search function, if that doesn't work i go to the apropriate section and start searching by hand, if i still can't find it then i register and make a new thread. And i suggest next time you go to a forum with a problem, you do the same :!: