dm map editor

mintsz

a good idea would be to release the dm map maker 1 week prior to the release of deathmatch, making everyone counting the days and have tons of maps available. please include maps with the game as well as we will be playing many fun maps but never play them again, unless they're official :wink:

lol you can make deathmatch maps alreaddy atleast i started building them cuz when dm version is out just open them add spawn points and tada a deatmatch map is ready for action.

but it has a down side you can't walk around unless you do some tricks wich will take you half an hour :? but still it's a nice idea

We have some tools to convert since it didnt begin with an editor all ready to go. Not a complete conversion however, some work is required (eg extra parameters in dm, some not used in race). I dont know how it will turn out come release time, perhaps there will be a total-conversion tool (probably by the infamous Aeron).

• 1 month later...
Wouldn't go to well with the "fans" anyways. They are already complain that you guys are taking forever with MTA: DM. Frankly, I don't care, I just want it before Thanksgiving=P.

Thanksgiving?.. LOOL...

we should be happy if it gets out around x-mas.. and I'm bettin even that won't happen.. but u know what they say; great things come to those who wait :wink:

but u know what they say; great things come to those who wait

Alternativly you wouldnt be in that category by the looks of things.

and I'm bettin even that won't happen

What makes you think that when you have no idea what happens behind the scenes of development.

but u know what they say; great things come to those who wait

Alternativly you wouldnt be in that category by the looks of things.

lol.. what makes YOU think that I'm not in that category?.. was it "I bet it won't happen" comment?.. how could you figure that out only from that comment?.. well anyway, you're wrong.. I AM amongst those who are willing to wait for an awsome mod....soo...u just got pwnd!

and I'm bettin even that won't happen

What makes you think that when you have no idea what happens behind the scenes of development.

just a feeling I have.. and that feeling rarely strikes wrong..

:wink:

hehe.. but yeah, honestly, I wish it'll be out soon.. but I am not expecting anything, that way I can't be dissapointed ... that's the point I was trying to make..

I only replied because of something said similar not so long ago, which was less inconveinient then what they were orginally trying to annouce. Though no worries mate, forget about it, we all hope its not so long off before everyone is playing actively again with this new modification which is waiting for us. Im alongside you on that one, just as everyone else.