jhxp

I was playing MTA back in 2010-2011. I wasn't even in middle school yet. I remember uploading some videos on my YouTube channel while playing DKR, good times. Sadly I can't log into that account to retrieve the videos anymore.

Now more than a decade later, I might not play as I did, but MTA introduced me to scripting, which basically defined the path I would take in life.

Regarding MTA, I'm still coding and giving my input, and I feel it's appreciated.

Happy birthday MTA and now let's aim to get to 2033 together. 

• Like 1

Happy Birthday MTA!

So glad to have known about this project... Since about a decade now, for me!

Lua was my first scripting language ever, and boy was it fun to learn.

MTA Team, thank you for doing so much, and sorry for doing so little. So they say.

Edited by 12p

Happy Birthday MTA! I started playing and scripting at around 2011, had a small deathmatch server running for a while with a great community. I can say that the experience I got hosting my own server and creating my own mods really helped me start my professional career in tech. Thanks for the memories MTA!

Edited by Al3grab
  • Like 1

Slothman Here!,( Under My new handle that I'm using since my email for my old login is long gone.)  Was thinking about MTA today and I was shocked to see we had just hit the 20th anniversary! That is an achievement in itself!

I'm still Proud of the scripts I contributed to this game, And I love seeing that some people are still using myscripts Stealth,  Zday, and Slothbot. (or at least, variations of them) I actually learned to code with the help of this community. Just like everyone else, I was overflowing with game ideas, and this Mod made it possible to actualize them! I still code games for fun to this day. (right now I am working on Homebrew NES games!)

Multi Theft Auto was a bit of an addiction back then, Many nights were spent awake untill 7am, chugging Jolt Cola and madly re-writing my garbage code. But the most fun I had was playing GTA3 Dodo and shotgun duals, Heli fights and Clan matches in VC, and climbing Hay Bales in SA

I hope that most of the team have moved on to monetize their talents, As to this day I haven't seen a more professionally built Mod community.

Heres to the first and best online community I was ever part of!

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, SciNEStist said:

Slothman Here!,( Under My new handle that I'm using since my email for my old login is long gone.)  Was thinking about MTA today and I was shocked to see we had just hit the 20th anniversary! That is an achievement in itself!

I'm still Proud of the scripts I contributed to this game, And I love seeing that some people are still using myscripts Stealth,  Zday, and Slothbot. (or at least, variations of them) I actually learned to code with the help of this community. Just like everyone else, I was overflowing with game ideas, and this Mod made it possible to actualize them! I still code games for fun to this day. (right now I am working on Homebrew NES games!)

Multi Theft Auto was a bit of an addiction back then, Many nights were spent awake untill 7am, chugging Jolt Cola and madly re-writing my garbage code. But the most fun I had was playing GTA3 Dodo and shotgun duals, Heli fights and Clan matches in VC, and climbing Hay Bales in SA

I hope that most of the team have moved on to monetize their talents, As to this day I haven't seen a more professionally built Mod community.

Heres to the first and best online community I was ever part of!

Oh, hey there Slothman! Long time no see. Although I do not tend to know people well (since I'm not a very social person), you're one of the people I remember when I think of the old days. For this reason, when I returned to this forum a couple of years ago, after not visiting for several years, it was sad to find that some of the people I could recognize, including you, were no longer here. So happy to see you again!

Because peds are my favorite MTA feature, I consider your creation of Zday and Slothbot an important step towards getting the community to use this feature (although I'm not sure if I have even seen Slothbot in action). But I can still remember feeling disappointed when peds remained criminally underused.

My NPC HLC resource that I made in 2012, was supposed to serve as a library for people who want to control peds from their scripts without having to take care of low level stuff like individual control states - thought it would make ped scripting more popular. But even though I based my traffic resource on it, in the end it hardly got anywhere, because of all things I wanted to implement, it only had the most basic tasks.

From what I know, there have been more people making use of peds in the recent years. But I still want to do what I was trying to do many years ago. To turn ped scripting into an easy task that even beginners could do.

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for bumping an aging thread, but I wanted to take a minute to acknowledge the impact this mod has had on me. I played GTA:SA religiously on my slim PS2. I 'graduated' to the PC version when I was around 14, sometime in early 2010. It was then that I came across MTA. I invested so much of my time in MTA making friends, some of which I still talk to. I found a love for scripting and 3d modelling because of the people I met through MTA. I lost some interest a few years ago, but this mod gave me a good 5-6 years of entertainment and joy. I still get on occasionally, and I'm always amazed at how far it has come. Script hackery is no longer necessary for custom models, and it's possible to create just about any kind of UI imaginable. The struggle is no more.

Very grateful to the entire MTA team and community for all of the fun times and friendships I've made over the years. Definitely helped me through some rough teenage years. 

Much love. Happy 20th!