Black screen when trying to join local server?

ALostEnglishGuy

Question

Hi, new here

For about 10 years now I have wanted to set up an MTA server. I know nothing about scripting and all of this is a bit out of my expertise. I found a playlist on YouTube about learning to code with MTA. I'm on the first video and although I have followed everything done step by step, I get a black screen when trying to join and my map editor doesn't work. Thankfully I didn't do anything with the actual MTA files or I wouldn't be able to finish the map off.

I'm new to all this, confident I can set it all up but like stated above, I'm stuck on the first bit which is really starting to annoy me.

Here's the video

https://youtu.be/Goqj5knKLQM?list=PLY2OlbN3OoCgTGO7kzQfIKPj4tJbYOgSR

All help is much appreciated!

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

On 02/02/2023 at 20:41, ALostEnglishGuy said:

Hi, new here

For about 10 years now I have wanted to set up an MTA server. I know nothing about scripting and all of this is a bit out of my expertise. I found a playlist on YouTube about learning to code with MTA. I'm on the first video and although I have followed everything done step by step, I get a black screen when trying to join and my map editor doesn't work. Thankfully I didn't do anything with the actual MTA files or I wouldn't be able to finish the map off.

I'm new to all this, confident I can set it all up but like stated above, I'm stuck on the first bit which is really starting to annoy me.

Here's the video

https://youtu.be/Goqj5knKLQM?list=PLY2OlbN3OoCgTGO7kzQfIKPj4tJbYOgSR

All help is much appreciated!

This is a good tutorial series you can follow! With this information, I can't really tell what's causing the black screen issue. Try the following:

- make sure you have a clean and original copy of GTA:SA

- uninstall MTA fully

- install MTA again and see if you still can't join the map editor

- if you still can't, close MTA then go to your MTA installation folder => server and launch the MTA server executable and let me know what happens