Another noob

TheShadow

Hi all,

Thanks for all you guys put here on the site. I am new to scripting but not to programming so I guess I will be able to find out some things by myself.

The next couple of days I will spend reading to avoid asking the same questions that others have done already :wink:

After that I will be making my own ideas and I expect them to work all in one time (yeah sure :roll:). Well if they do not I know where to ask help.

If you dont want me to ask any questions on why it is not working, send me all your scripts now. Like that is really going to happen :lol:

I am stuck at the first thing. :cry:

Server is up and running, Mta:MA is up and running, GRS is working fine.

Now here it comes.

am using the time example I found here

on *:SIGNAL:mta.command:{

elseif ($3 == !setclock) mta.settime $1 $4

}

Saved it in a file clock.mrc

When I load this file and type the command.....nothing happens.

I tried loading it in MTA:Ma, with and without the GRS running, and tried to load it as personal script in GRS. Unloaded it from other places before loading.

Why is the command not working ?

Thanks. By putting the command in to the Jax & Oli RPG script it worked, but it is easy to develop scripts in standalone files without the chance making the rest not work :wink:

The easy stuff is going well, once I get to the complicated things I will be back.

PS: to Oli and others : I hope you don't mind me using your basics, I do leave the credit to your work in place.

PS: to Oli and others : I hope you don't mind me using your basics, I do leave the credit to your work in place.

No one will. MTA is for fun. As long as you're enlarging the amount of fun and credit those who have helped you.. Its great!

• 2 weeks later...

I am at the point where a lot is running, and it goes ok. But with many people online the scripts are lagging. Can scripts lag less by making the code faster ?

One thing is that I wrote a part not using alias but withtin the command structure. Will it help if I movethis to aliases ?

If anyone wants to look at what I made and can improve performance it would help me :)

Certainly you can improve your scripts by decreasing the amount of lines read for an operation. Changing if's in elseifs, using less varaibles and so on will improve performance. mIRC scripts is a very slow scripting language and its quite hard to tell what to improve.

• 3 weeks later...