question about the dm version

I have a question: will there be available some life simulator mode? u know having a job (policeman, shop assistant, fireman, medic, soldier, mobster, gangster, fbi, dirt ring showman :D, train driver, normal transport, taxi, air pilot?, etc), having house, a car, maybe buying a car, buying a house or some buildings producing money (or buying police station and hiring other people as a cop and other state buildings), eating and drinking would be needed to stay alive. What do u think bout such game mode?

I have a question: will there be available some life simulator mode? u know having a job (policeman, shop assistant, fireman, medic, soldier, mobster, gangster, fbi, dirt ring showman :D, train driver, normal transport, taxi, air pilot?, etc), having house, a car, maybe buying a car, buying a house or some buildings producing money (or buying police station and hiring other people as a cop and other state buildings), eating and drinking would be needed to stay alive. What do u think bout such game mode?

hmmm they might do that but most people use scripts :lol:

I have a question: will there be available some life simulator mode? u know having a job (policeman, shop assistant, fireman, medic, soldier, mobster, gangster, fbi, dirt ring showman , train driver, normal transport, taxi, air pilot?, etc), having house, a car, maybe buying a car, buying a house or some buildings producing money (or buying police station and hiring other people as a cop and other state buildings), eating and drinking would be needed to stay alive. What do u think bout such game mode?

Similar suggestions can already be played through scripts and gives players that role-playing experience through RPG gameplay, you might already know that if you have played previous MTA versions and/or 0.5.

If this similar RPG simulator mode was developed as a new version or just accessible through the SDK creation then im sure the RPG community of fans would be interested and it would give them a more wide range experience rather then playing of the scripts. Even though the ideas are quite common, i would rather just turn on single player instead of playing multiplayer with that kind of simulator.

Valve released an SDK with their Source Dedicated Server and people have used that to create game modes and even whole new games, so won't MTASA be similar?

Yeah, I just meant that the SDK is more powerful than a scripting system (albeit more difficult to code).

I don't like the system of having to start of with standard weapons then buying more. It seems like too much work for deathmatch. Deathmatches are supposed to be fun and fast-paced. Last time I went to the shop I didn't think it was too fast paced... There'll probably be different modes, one like that and hopefully... HOPEFULLY... a mode where the guns are hidden around the map and such. That's much more fun and fast paced. And if you're in a chase or something you don't run into ammunation, go through the list of weapons, come out a minute later get back into your car and conitue the chase. All you'd have to do is pick up a weapon, turn around and shooooot! :D All in all, I hate going to ammunation in other online mods (;)) and it's annoying, slows down the pace and I don't see why people like it :P.

I don't see why people like it .

Some players may like the experience by adding more weapons onto their current status to produce a harder impact on an opponent because of the different sets of weapons they might have within their selection. Im on the same line as you about the interest of face paced movement within any deathmatch game and i do feel the best of gameplay can come through that style of action. Spawnwars for example dosent give really much any chance of best survival when they play as an individual, though i do enjoy them because of the fast paced action and limit of time to think of your next move with alot of players fighting around that specific area.

Every so often you may be limited in the number of bullets you have left and the only way to reload them is to kill any player or find any pickup location. Adding ammunition availability into the game will give players a few short seconds to decide what weapons they would like to ride along with, giving them the best chance of survival.

But it's not really a few seconds to decide. I'm thinking about that unnamable other multiplayer mod in which you can't attack while in any ammunation or any indoor places, so people use them for more of a hide-out safety place than a quick stop to reload and run back out into the fray. All I'm saying is that I don't like it. Just my opinion. Meh, I lost interest :P.

well, really, you're talking about one aspect of DM, the really fast no-strategy type where people aimlessly shoot at one another. RPG is another faction of players that others aren't going to find an appeal to.

Personally, I'm a fan of TDM, whether on the large Red vs. Blue idea or many different groups.

But I'm sure there will be dedicated servers to other takes on DM, and as we all know that players all play for different reasons, I know that others are going to want to play more stretched out games to have goals to work towards.