New to scripting

Guest Tucalipe

Hi. It's wonderful those RPG server with all those commands and etc. So I decided to make a server of my own. I got now two questions:

1. I downloaded a mIRC file rpg.mrc and a rpg.dll. Where do I put them to work with a MTA:VC server?

2. WTF is Mta:Ma, as I searched lots of posts but I couldn't make out the specific objetive of this tool...

Actually, let me change my POV.

I'd like a pre-made script, to try how is to have a RPG server. Which one could you guys recommend? And how do I install it?

I already have mIRC, and MTA:VC 0.5

Ok here's a suggestion...

Look to the very right of your browser. And in the top navigation block, you see the word search?

Good! We got that far. Now, click it. HOORAH you can search the forum.

[/sarcasm]

Edited by Guest

Nice... I don't know if you read the whole thread. I said I've searched lots of posts, and I didn't find anything.

Besides, I'm asking for a suggestion for my case...

2. WTF is Mta:Ma, as I searched lots of posts but I couldn't make out the specific objetive of this tool...

LMFAO so you're saying you completely missed the topic at the very top of this section titled "MTA:mA v4.0" ?

If you'd read it, you would have seen this:

A remote administration tool for MTA:SA.

Nice. One problem is solved.

Now on to the other one: (For Godsake DO NOT TELL ME TO SEARCH THE FORUM AS I ALREADY DID IT!)

How do I install a script? How do I use it on my server? What should I know to use it? I'd like a suggestion of which one I could start with. I've mIRC installed. How do I "attach" it to my server so their commands can be used on-game?

And BTW, English is not my primary language (is PT-BR) and I don't have a minimum knowledge of MAKING scripts so, that's why I need a pre-made one...

install mtama into mIRC/mtama

open mIRC

close all the annoying popup screens

type in the bar: //load -rs $+(",$$sfile(*.mrc,Select your mta.mrc,Load),")

open mtama

clik yes

clik general then scripts and upload rpg.mrc

connect to server

tada :lol:

Alright. I got it. At least part of it...

I've done everything right. Until the "Connect" part...

Now I'm at a screen that asks for the IP, Port, Client Port, Password, Nick and Version.

How should I fill these up?

To connect at my own server at MTA 0.5, I connect to 127.0.0.1, Port 2003, without password. At Server Config, I have Admin and Admin Plus passwords (the same) and the port is the same 2003.

Alright. Now the Admin port is 2004. I put 127.0.0.1 in IP, the name is ABD (the same in the server), the Port I put 2004 and the Client port I put 2003, which is the one I use to connect to my server through MTA, the password is the same the Admin uses, the nick is Admin, and I don't know what to put in Version which is 2 right now. My VC version is 1.0