drive-by

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be in the release afaik and it's better than giving them the default right/left driveby.

No its not!!!Better is when driver can shoot to left and right!You see when you driving with the car and turning camera to the right player is putting his hand on the car!!!His hands isn't on the helm!!!Its not real!!!You should make somekind of option where server can put this option on and off!

It will be in the release afaik and it's better than giving them the default right/left driveby.

No its not!!!Better is when driver can shoot to left and right!You see when you driving with the car and turning camera to the right player is putting his hand on the car!!!His hands isn't on the helm!!!Its not real!!!You should make somekind of option where server can put this option on and off!

It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about. Even amongst the terrible english. But let me try to speak to you in a way you can understand.

IF DRIVER SHOOT LEFT AND RIGHT THEN HE B 2 STRONG!!!IT B OVERPOWERED!!!!!

It's clear you have no idea what you're talking about. Even amongst the terrible english. But let me try to speak to you in a way you can understand.

IF DRIVER SHOOT LEFT AND RIGHT THEN HE B 2 STRONG!!!IT B OVERPOWERED!!!!!

OK THANKS AND I LOVE CAPS TOO!

And i houpe what there will be abilyty to remove that drive by for driver!!@I realy houpe so!

There probably wont. These drivebys are far better than the SP ones. If anything, you'll be able to disable drivebys as driver altogether but not change to the other drivebys.

Everytime you agree with me about drive-by's I get a fuzzy feeling inside of me. I'm so glad that someone in this god forsaken world knows what overpowered is when he sees it.

This will make the game completely insane, impossible to survive someone hunting you with a machine gun in a car, the games won't last too long clearly, some mega hardcore players won't let us join and take pleasure killing new players that just join a server without giving us a chance to grab a weapon to defend ourselves. But I agree this is the reality, you go in a city and someone got a gun in your face, he won't wait for you to grab one to kill you.

Actually, the normal drivebys that you do in SP are more powerful - regardless of what weapon you use the rate of fire is at least double that of when you shoot on foot. It also features an auto-aim which makes it impossible to try and dodge the shots.

When you are in a moving vehicle, and trying to shoot a moving person while aiming manually, it is suprisingly harder than it sounds. Its actually more balanced.

I think this system will also make you more exposed to shots.

Actually, the normal drivebys that you do in SP are more powerful - regardless of what weapon you use the rate of fire is at least double that of when you shoot on foot. It also features an auto-aim which makes it impossible to try and dodge the shots.

When you are in a moving vehicle, and trying to shoot a moving person while aiming manually, it is suprisingly harder than it sounds. Its actually more balanced.

I think this system will also make you more exposed to shots.

I know what its owerpowered BUT IT'S LOOKS LIKE UNREAL!!!!

Omg ok when next time i will play SP i will show you a pick where if you will turn to the left with gun in car CJ will both hand on the car!!!!ITS NOT REAL!

this is a stupid topic. GTA isn't real at all. do you actually think people could really be shot several times and still be running around? or when you fly a car off a cliff and it hits it's nose on the ground that it would just bounce back and you could keep driving? hell no! this game ISN"T REALISTIC. it's a game. get over it. i like the mouse-controlled aim idea in driveby, it will make play fair unlike in SAMP right now.

The game does have to be realistic to some extent, it's just a matter of opinion where to draw the line.

I'd rather have an enjoyable and (as best possible) balanced multiplayer experience than worry about someone turning while his model isn't inside the car. I wouldn't even care if the model wasn't even in the car. Pfft.

The driver drivebys in single player are way too powerful. The rate of fire and damage is heightened and it seems to auto aim to the nearest target, kind of like the machine guns on helicopters and planes.

Drivebys with manual aim, however, are pretty much the direct opposite. The rate of fire is slower, the damage is pretty much the same as it is on foot, and of course, it doesn't auto aim.

This is toggable so you won't always be in driveby mode when you step into a vehicle. It's also been debated that disabling the acceleration when a non-passenger attempts to a driveby should be implemented as well, which should solve the realism issue and make drivebys even less powerful.

Some things just have to be adjusted in a multiplayer environment to make the gameplay balanced. An example of this is infinite sprint, which isn't in single player initially, but would be very hard to get around the map without since peds and the cars they drive aren't synced.

I hate infinite sprint. I mean with the map maker there will be smaller maps. (hoping that smaller maps are around for gangwars). Anyhow like in the older verions of mtavc I said infinite sprint should of been disabled. But untill I play mtasa and see I won't comment on this anymore. (Maybe toggled in the map settings). I will get into this more when mtasa is released.

If the driveby firerate is like the passenger firerate in single player. I think that will be blanced

It's also been debated that disabling the acceleration when a non-passenger attempts to a driveby should be implemented as well, which should solve the realism issue and make drivebys even less powerful.

This should be implemented.

Judging from the videos it looks like you can kill poeple inside the car so if your on foot you have a fighing chance. From those wonderful car killers and such.

Why wouldn't you like infinite sprint? When I'm stranded without a car in sight, I don't want to jog all the way across the map until I find one. Let's also keep in mind that San Andreas's map is considerably larger, and if infinite sprint was needed in Vice City, it's certainly needed here.

It also makes it harder to fight or take cover. Combat is already slower in San Andreas, so disabling infinite sprint and forcing you to jog in some situations just makes it even worse.

If the stamina isn't maxed in San Andreas (and I don't think the stats are going to be maxed by default in MTA: SA, but I'm not sure yet), it means you can only sprint for a few seconds too.

Anyway, this is just one example of the changes that need to be made. Little things like this make all the difference when you're actually playing the game.

ok infinite sprint was alright when it came to being stranded. I'm way to lazy to move to the nearest car depending on where you get stranded. (/kill)

But poeple would, mainly car killers, would use it to run and run and never fight. It would of changed the stubby wars when all poeple did was run around in circles. But in vice all you had to do was tap the button to sprint forever. So all this would not of mattered.

See in gang wars was where I started to hate it. (mainly attack and defend) It seemed much to easy to rush a line with infinite run. With out the ininite run poeple would of had to think more rather then just charge in. I remember when deathb showed me how easy it was to move through lines of fire from the M60. But this is all based off the old core. Like I said before I need to play mtasa before I start to talk about it.

I was kinda basing my opions in the last post due to smaller maps for gangwars and such

four things:

1. Shooting backward on the motorbike looks REALLY stupid (when driving it at the same time)

2. GTA is unrealistic but it tries to be. Don't make it more stupid than it is.

3. Why would not driver's drive-by look like in Mafia? You can shoot but for limited amount of space.

4. As a passenger we should be able to shoot almost any weapon. Is it available? (for example i saw once in SP guy shooting from ak-47 sorry I don't have a photo)