nickname kick help

Guest phant

I created this kick script with a some help from a post below

on *:SIGNAL:mta.join: {
 if $readini(badnicks.ini,BAD,$mta.nick($1,$2) == 1) { mta.text $1,$2 The nickname $mta.nick($1,$2) is not allowed. please change it by going into settings or typing /nick  in the next 30 seconds.
   !.timerkick 1 30 mta.kick $1 $2
   elseif on *SIGNAL:mta.nick: {
     !.timerkick off $1 $2

}
 }
}

It gets as far as the kick timer the everything after doesn't work, I know it's probably wrong, all I need to know is how to cancel the timer out if the player changes their nick to a nickname not in the badnicks.ini

well I figured out how to stop the timer, with a little more trial and error and delving thru loads of pages in the forums I came up with this.

if $readini(badnicks.ini,BAD,$mta.nick($1,$2) == 1) {
The nickname $mta.nick($1,$2) is not allowed on this server..........
$+ !.timerNK,$1,$2 1 30 mta.kick $1 $2
}
}
on *:SIGNAL:mta.nick: {
if $readini(badnicks.ini,BAD,$mta.nick($1,$2) != 1) {
$+ !.timerNK,$1,$2 off
}
}

this works fine for me the only thing missing is if a player changes an allowed nick back to player, but if I needed it I think I could manage it now.

hope this helps other people.

You're missing mta.text. Also why do you need a timer.. Should be.

if $readini(badnicks.ini,BAD,$mta.nick($1,$2) == 1) {
mta.text $1 The nickname $mta.nick($1,$2) is not allowed on this server..........
mta.kick $1 $2
}
}

the timer is there to give them a chace to change the nick also if you read my code carefully i didn't miss the mta.text

if $readini(badnicks.ini,BAD,$mta.nick($1,$2) == 1) { mta.text $1,$2 The nickname $mta.nick($1,$2) is not allowed. please change it by going into settings or typing /nick in the next 30 seconds.

edit : my bad lol just lloked at it twice myself it's not in the post but it is in the script i have running. sorry about that