Allowed to use cheats on own server if making anti-cheat?

Aszab123

Hello!

First things first, I didn't really know where to put this.

So, my questions is, am I allowed to cheat in MTA:SA, if I'm playing on my own server, just to develop an anti-cheat? I would love to know, because I'm pretty sure there's already a Kernel based anti-cheat, and I wouldn't really want to risk a ban. If I'm not allowed to, I just simply won't make this anti-cheat.

Thanks for everyone who responds.

• Administrators

Yes, that sort of thing is not going to happen. In rare cases we might allow players to help us analyze cheats and exploits, but that is for the purpose of us patching them.

You should still be able to write an anti cheat resource to help against fly/wall hacks and the like, but you'll have to use your imagination and use scripts that imitate the features of those hacks so that you can better predict when your system should take action.

If you have evidence and serials of cheating on your server you are welcome to send Ccw, Dutchman101 or myself a private forum message

• Like 1
On 25/07/2022 at 23:50, Tut said:

Yes, that sort of thing is not going to happen. In rare cases we might allow players to help us analyze cheats and exploits, but that is for the purpose of us patching them.

You should still be able to write an anti cheat resource to help against fly/wall hacks and the like, but you'll have to use your imagination and use scripts that imitate the features of those hacks so that you can better predict when your system should take action.

If you have evidence and serials of cheating on your server you are welcome to send Ccw, Dutchman101 or myself a private forum message

Thank you for the response. I'll be trying my best to make the anti-cheat without using cheats myself.

• Like 1