Ban System

true true.. i think there is no way to ban som one there is allways a way to go around the ban the only way will be is accounts as youy guys brought up... but my question is y cant MTA team charge for accounts well i know that you cant charge fo the mode because its a R* product so

y cant you guys charge for accounts??

sorry for the question

ps you can allways give evry one free acount but (new users ) need to pay for one that will make som people lose ther acount and if they cheat

Would you pay for an account to play a free game? I doubt it. You could set it to £2/$2/€2 or whatever currency and I'm sure a lot of people would pay it, including cheaters, but then a cheater gets globally banned, it's so cheap that they'd just buy another account. Ok then, set the account prices to £30/$30/€30, then nobody would pay that and the game would not be popular.

yea thats true but what about if the prices be to £10/$10/€10

like like i sad you only pay for the secunt acount and new users pay for ther 1 one because they new..... and you pay for the account and it like steam you can dl it for free but you cant play if you dont got a account

Paying for accounts is the only valid idea that has been suggested, and its not something we are going to do. That said, server admins could do it for their own server (or people could create a network of servers that subscribe to the system).

raven, that would be very time consuming not to mention tough to get past their security... (eg. firewalls) it would be tough enough just to get the code eeven if there was nosecurity... also, windows is installed just about every 6 seconds, from either reinstalling, instaling ,etc. also there are other kinds of windows coming out (Vista beta 1, 2) and the classic XP (Home or PROF), wind 98, 95, NT, 2000, etc... Although the vast majority is home, i believe..

Just out of interest, how do shareware programs store the time limited information? I'm presuming with most it makes changes to the application itself, rather than simply a 'note' file placed somewhere else on the harddrive. Perhaps using a similar system to store relevant information might be a way forward. Embedding the information in MTA or even san andreas itself, reinstalling shouldn't fix the situation too easily as it doesnt work with '30 day trial' shareware titles, it still knows it has been used.

The ideal would be a registration code of some kind, but the problem then is how to restrict the number that one player can obtain, with so many anonymous and free email systems out there it is far too easy to register dozens of times for dozens of codes

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a new idea about ban;

What about dinamic registry keys?

Have the ip of the server that the PC is banned from be codded and have it be in a dynamic registry key so everyone will have a different regestry key making finding it Really hard or imposible for most people.

• 2 weeks later...

New idea on atleast a way to slow down cheaters.

Account based MTA, ban the account if they want to get in the same server, create a new account OK! But what if there is a 24 hour wait period till the account is activated and if the same account is baned on more than say 20 servers all the maps that have been uploaded in the Central using that account being deleted(honest players who get baned somewhere by misstake sure won't get baned in over 20 servers).

IP ban are funny, just yesterday a longtime cheater GOLD-DE[GER] changed his IP everytime he got baned.

I don't think the account system with wait is stupid, OK if they register 20-30 accounts(one e-mail per account) they will get baned 30 times and when their accounts runout, well they would need to register another 30 e-mails(doesn't happen very fast) and wait for 24 hours.

People can cause a lot of distruction before they get banned 30 times... Email addresses are trivial to get - anyone who owns a domain can accept anything @theirdomain.com and that takes no setup at all. Theres many websites that provide disposable email addresses that vary hugely. All in all, it doesn't work.

A time delay will just frustrate valid users...

OK if they register 20-30 accounts(one e-mail per account) they will get baned 30 times

That's a reasonable point, the worst offenders (which spurr this whole debate) would use those 30 accounts up in the space of one session.

The problem is the casual or first time player, it would be a real pain to have to go through a registration process on top of downloading, installing and potentially troubleshooting the mod. Much better to have 'instant action'.

There's also a suspicion factor when something demands you register before you can use it. With most things I'll find an alternative if it's compulsory, as I suspect would many other people.