[PREVIEW] Easy ladder system

Dzsozi (h03)

Possibility to create functioning ladders, create a ladder without the custom object, for default world ladders, or create a brand new one. Only vertical ladders are supported with Z rotation. Features one custom object.

Easy to use functions, ~240 lines of code.

Sprint button for fast climbing
Jump button for jumping off a ladder
Forward button for climbing up
Backward button for climbing down

You can basically create any length ladder with correct positions, since you can adjust offsets for start and end positions, so shifting leadders in the ground is a possibility to match the height of a building. Ladder is using collision tuboids for player detection.

Contains a "/getladderpos" utility command to get the corrected position and rotation in front of player, copies Vector3 and int rotation to clipboard.

Power of creating more interesting maps, possibility and an idea for a new "ladder parkour" gamemode, or just create more interesting roleplay / deathmatch / other scenarios by adding climbable ladders to the environment.

I am planning to add custom animations, these default ones are good for now, and default world ladder positions in the future.

I'm waiting for your feedback, let me know if you like it and/or have any suggestions! :D

Edited by Dzsozi (h03)
  • Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/02/2022 at 09:34, Dzsozi (h03) said:

Possibility to create functioning ladders, create a ladder without the custom object, for default world ladders, or create a brand new one. Only vertical ladders are supported with Z rotation. Features one custom object.

Easy to use functions, ~240 lines of code.

Sprint button for fast climbing
Jump button for jumping off a ladder
Forward button for climbing up
Backward button for climbing down

You can basically create any length ladder with correct positions, since you can adjust offsets for start and end positions, so shifting leadders in the ground is a possibility to match the height of a building. Ladder is using collision tuboids for player detection.

Contains a "/getladderpos" utility command to get the corrected position and rotation in front of player, copies Vector3 and int rotation to clipboard.

Power of creating more interesting maps, possibility and an idea for a new "ladder parkour" gamemode, or just create more interesting roleplay / deathmatch / other scenarios by adding climbable ladders to the environment.

I am planning to add custom animations, these default ones are good for now, and default world ladder positions in the future.

I'm waiting for your feedback, let me know if you like it and/or have any suggestions! :D

Where i can dowload it? super cool