OBJECT LIMIT IS BLOCKING ME

I am building my own village called Appelscha and I am stuck because I can't built anymore.

I have built the road in front of my house, grass and some houses, I also built the mainroads and now I am stuck.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE REMOVE OR CHANGE THE OBJECT LIMIT?????? BECAUSE SOME PEOPLE WANT TO BUILT MORE OBJECTS

->>> I have only one question: How did Rockstar built GTA San Andreas with that object limit or didn't they have it.<<<-

you cant just say 'tada unlimited objects' tons of games have these limits and they are there because without them you get crashes and other undesirable effects (in this case another effect is frequent unloaded objects).

Unless the coding can be improved it will stay this way. Working with GTA without the source its a challenge though.

• 1 month later...

There are two types of objects in San Andreas: Buildings and Objects. We use Objects, Buildings are more light-weight, they aren't physical so they can't move/explode etc. Hence, you can have many more buildings than objects.

There are two types of objects in San Andreas: Buildings and Objects. We use Objects, Buildings are more light-weight, they aren't physical so they can't move/explode etc. Hence, you can have many more buildings than objects.

i prefer my idea actually

well i dont think they left space for 250 objects cuz for example my city south parkcity 3 has over 500 objects it really is that you cant have more then 250 objects within 600x600 meters or what ever that wuz

so builld a city in length like a race cuz a freeroam city wont work unless its small and else set your drawing distance to the minmum if you haven't

done that yet becuase when i putted my drawing distance to the max i had some major spawning errors but that might be becuz of my video card i dunno

well i dont think they left space for 250 objects cuz for example my city south parkcity 3 has over 500 objects it really is that you cant have more then 250 objects within 600x600 meters or what ever that wuz

so builld a city in length like a race cuz a freeroam city wont work unless its small and else set your drawing distance to the minmum if you haven't

done that yet becuase when i putted my drawing distance to the max i had some major spawning errors but that might be becuz of my video card i dunno

Could you type normal lines? :P

Such a map would work on my pc :D But it might crash on other pc's. It's understandable to make a limit, and we have to be glad it is a limit within a certain area :wink:

No AdnanKananda, thats not the reason why its there.

And your pc has nothing to do with the map. the reason they put the limit in it because if you get over a certain number of objects, the map/game becomes very unstable, thats why its there. Nothing to do with your pc specs. Your pc may run gtasa fine, but you would crash like everyone else.

roads are the same buildings as buildings are buildings right ?

so the only way around object limit .. create lots of space between dense groups of any object ?

Light weight eh? the reason you can get stuck inside them and fall underground :shock:

You guys should add a counter than.

they did

bdg_pools 1 .. by head , but check ingame in console and use it in editor console (somehow its not in the map editor console help :D )

yes but that counter isnt really precise, my objects stop showing when nothing reached the maximum (assuming its like /) (oh and isnt it dbg_pools 1 instead of bdg_pools 1??)

something else HIGHER THE *beep*-ing LIMIT I CANT MAKE A NORMAL MAP NOW!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! < sorry im pissed cause my objects keep dissappearing very irritating when making a map.

i got objects dissappearing when the counter is this:

objectlimitsuckslookatthisshitcb3.png

if the counter suddenly jumps to a total different number (1300 to 300 in this case) i guess you have moved into a new area of 600X600 units, in this new area (if its really a new area of 600X600 units) i have not placed more then 20 objects (i think BECAUSE THEY F-ING KEEP DISSAPPEARING, anyway its under 50), but still they dissappear, in the other area ive placed around 240 objects (just under 250 i am sure of that).

• 3 weeks later...

I also got the same problem I'm building a race track and in total i can only use 404 objects includes pickups spawn points etc.

but the strange thing is when i was correcting some places they come back and disappear somewhere else

• 2 weeks later...