FileSystem Module for MTA:BLUE

The_GTA

9 hours ago, FernandoMTA said:

Hi! Very interesting, it definitely sounds useful. Do you know any practical applications of this module so far?

I would like to see a modloader that uses the scanDir API instead of the meta.xml.

Also a personal webspace on the MTA server for user-submitted mods could be cool.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Just now, vicisdev said:

Yes! One particular useful case is to let people add as much assets (images, col, txd, etc) as they want and automatically add them into the meta.xml using the scanDir API

Yes, you can read files inside of any resource and adjust the meta.xml files according to rules. Be careful and do not add the same file twice. Also think about removing meta.xml entries whose files do not exist anymore.

Think this is going to be really helpful in an inventory framework I'm planning to develop. Inventories have a strong customizability factor. Each use case is a unique use case. People would want to add their own stuff, etc. I'm pretty sure this module will allow me to do things much more automagically.

One down side is that people would need to manually include the module binary. Not that this is of a great effort, but it's not very common.

1 minute ago, vicisdev said:

Think this is going to be really helpful in an inventory framework I'm planning to develop. Inventories have a strong customizability factor. Each use case is a unique use case. People would want to add their own stuff, etc. I'm pretty sure this module will allow me to do things much more automagically.

I am happy to hear that! Have fun with this project.

1 minute ago, vicisdev said:

One down side is that people would need to manually include the module binary. Not that this is of a great effort, but it's not very common.

I agree. This workflow seems really complicated. Not much I can do about that though on the module's end. We know the steps of adjusting the server configuration and adding the binary. But I hope that people are willing to get into stuff that seems new to them!

• Like 1