how start two window mta for testing scripts ?

BraFaz

Hello BraFaz,

I recommend you to use a second computer, either in the form of a virtual machine or a laptop, as another concurrent client for MTA testing. The old GTA SA game was not made to be running twice on the same Windows OS. I am not sure whether there are workarounds on Linux but I won't go into that topic.

Adding onto the above, you will want to ensure that the virtual machine special detection is disabled if you go down that route (SD #14). https://wiki.multitheftauto.com/wiki/Anti-cheat_guide.

VirtualBox is the best free software for this. You will need a Windows .iso file to set this up. Additionally, you will need to re-install GTA SA and MTA. There isn't any specific scripting hack or workaround unfortunately.

• Like 1

I don't know if this still works, but I have run two instances of MTA in the past.

On Windows, I ran separate MTA instances on separate users. It was inconvenient because I couldn't see both windows at the same time.

On Linux, I made another Wine prefix. Separate Wine prefixes work as separate Windows systems and each can run its own instance of GTA SA.

• Like 1