mySQL default value error

pixel77

Hi,

I have a SQL problem that I didn't have before:

sourceS.lua:836: dbPoll failed; Field 'asdasd' doesn't have a default value

I've been using the script for 3 years now, I don't know why it now asks for a default value. Okay, I could set a default value, but is there no other way to fix this issue? 

I think the problem started when I updated the MariaDB or PHPMyAdmin:

mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.5.11-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using  EditLine wrapper

My script running fine with this mysql: 

mysql  Ver 15.1 Distrib 10.1.48-MariaDB, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 5.2

MTA:SA server version is 1.5.8.

Thx for help!

Edited by pixel77

Hello pixel77!

Times are moving on and technology is becoming more robust. With the constant improvement of technology over time come more thorough requirements for developers to specify data in their code. It looks like MySQL does not want to assume implicit default values for table fields by default anymore which I think is fine. I recommend you to either modify the SQL table definitions to provide default field values where there are not or to always specify the field values in INSERT statements that have no default values.

Otherwise you may risk further incompatibilities with future MySQL versions due to technological progress.

Edited by The_GTA
  • Like 1
On 04/10/2021 at 00:34, Kenix said:

Try this 

set global sql_mode="NO_AUTO_CREATE_USER,NO_ENGINE_SUBSTITUTION"

in mysql

thanks, its working :)

On 04/10/2021 at 00:40, The_GTA said:

Hello pixel77!

Times are moving on and technology is becoming more robust. With the constant improvement of technology over time come more thorough requirements for developers to specify data in their code. It looks like MySQL does not want to assume implicit default values for table fields by default anymore which I think is fine. I recommend you to either modify the SQL table definitions to provide default field values where there are not or to always specify the field values in INSERT statements that have no default values.

Otherwise you may risk further incompatibilities with future MySQL versions due to technological progress.

Yes, I know, just I needed a faster solution right now, but thanks for the advice. :)

Just now, pixel77 said:

Yes, I know, just I needed a faster solution right now, but thanks for the advice. :)

You're welcome! Take it by heart if you face such problems in the future. It is important actually take effort in life, at least in things that you truly care about.

• Like 1