GTA MTA SAN ANDREAS FOR PS2 / XBOX

Guest twiztog43

I DID not know that you can play gta online for ps2 or xbox. i thought it was only for computer.

what do i need to play online with the ps2.

the game gta san andreas

ps2

network adaptor

what else?

As has been said MTA does not and never will run on consoles, unless of course you can hack them to run windows...

That would be ace, a real challange! Although what would happen if you for example, copied GTASA (PS2) onto PC changed files etc to add already existing mods, and then burn them back onto a DVD, play on a chipped PS2 what would happen? Would the game run, the mods be active?

That won't work cuz you'll need a mouse. :roll: (at least)

And MTA and GTA don't have the same .exe file so maybe you can get 1 to work but like i says you won't be abble to chose a menu without a mouse. Or chat or it will just crash.

BTW: How can i put XBOX games on my pc?

Are you sure they didnt mean they were using an X-Box controller? i have adapted one to usb and use it for mta on my pc its prety good :)

You dont have to use a modchip to ftp games from your xbox to your pc. Softmodding also allows ftp'ing and doesnt require any extra parts.

Also if i remember correctly, a mod chip isnt illegal. Selling an xbox that has a mod chip with games on the hdd on the other hand is illegal

ok so it's not illegal that good. :)

But now how do i get my pc to read xbox games?

The Xbox game look blank on my pc.

Maybe i need some special software?

No, you need some hardware, it's made my Microsoft and it's called an "Xbox".

Why do you think PC games and Xbox games are made and sold seperately? Because they are different formats, the platform can only read its own format, not each others.

No, you need some hardware, it's made my Microsoft and it's called an "Xbox".

Why do you think PC games and Xbox games are made and sold seperately? Because they are different formats, the platform can only read its own format, not each others.

Ok.... But then how do i get XBOX games on my pc to edit?

very simple...you dont. ^^

you can run programs created for different platforms on a pc via a "emulator", i dont know it but id bet such a thing exists for the xbox too.

but in order to "edit" xbox-games on a pc you should be capable of some coding-knowledge because most likely no program exists to help you with that.

GTA:SA is moddable...just like GTA:VC xbox is moddable.

There is the infamous **CENSORED** mod which was released for xbox. The xbox version is very moddable - it can go as far as handling, models, collisions etc.

MTA however relies on extensive memory hacking and stuff and it is based on the windows platform, so it will never ever happen.

There is a legal Xbox compilator, now to run any code on the 'box.... you'd need a mod chip :lol: chich is kinda(doh) illegal. And not to mention the fact that they need the source code of MTA :lol:

BS.....

wrong and wrong.

well sorta wrong about the "compilator"

there is a legal one that is new and pretty much useless ATM because it's not working right.

there is a microsoft XDK to compile stuff, but using that is illegal.

now, modding your xbox ISN"T illegal. Not at all. M$ would like to make you believe that a modchip or a softmod software exploit is illegal, but thats far from the truth. The only illegal chips are ones with a certain flavor of linux, but those don't really exist anymore.

as to making MTA:SA work for Xbox, i'm very hopeful it can be done.

over at the site im an admin/co-founder at:

http://gtaxboxmods.com

we've made some planning steps for this project.

running code on an xbox is much much easier than PS2 so screw them.

while MTA or GXM could never host a compiled xbox binary (*.xbe) anything short of that can be hosted on our site.

Now i remember reading here about some sort of SDK for MTA that would allow hosts to customize MTA a lot. While that doesn't mean open-source, hopefully we could in some way work with the MTA dev team in making an xbox port.

Since an Xboxes can't run All Seeing Eye, we'd simnply use XLink Kai.

Obviously the hardest part is making a working xbox port. But it CAN be done. There are tons of successful xbox apps, like Xbox Media Center, and Mimesis.

but yeah. most of yu don't know what you're talking about when it comes to xbox modding, so i thought i'd try and straighten you out lol.

but no one right now is playing any GTA online.

EDIT:

There is the infamous **CENSORED** mod which was released for xbox. The xbox version is very moddable - it can go as far as handling, models, collisions etc.

MTA however relies on extensive memory hacking and stuff and it is based on the windows platform, so it will never ever happen.

it can do **almost** everything that the PC version can.

and the only limit of xbox right now is the memory settings in the *.xbe (Xbox .exe)

and the xbox is based on the windows platform also, windows 2000 to be exact.

and never say never lol.

very simple...you dont. ^^

you can edit xbox games on a PC.

you can't put it an xbox dvd into a pc and expect it to work, cause it won't (there is a way to hotswap xbox360 games into a pc dvd drive, but you have to open to drive)

you simply mod the xbox and then FTP into your xbox and transfer the files.

• 3 weeks later...