got realy big stupid problem

I have installed MTA, selected a server and could play without problems.

then, when i tried to connect to another server i got this nice "verification failed!" message.

I read trough the mta faq, and know now that it would be best to reinstall my GTA:SA.

and NOW COMES THE PROBLEM: my GTA dvd looks well-used (some little scrates..) and I'm not able to reinstall with this dvd, because it gives me a crc-error when installing, might be caused by the scratches.

My current installed GTA has lots of different mods (any kind of, out there!) and I don't realy wanna delete them (was pretty much work, some mods done myself). I know there's the possibility to send in my copy of GTA:SA pay 10€ and get a new one. but i dont know if i'll be able to play again with a new one(might be stupid new version etc.) :cry:

Will there be any possibility to play MTA again?

PS: sorry for my english

w00kie, did you get a message called data2.cab error?

I have had similar crashes in the past to the ones you are currently having with the DVD installaton, i only had the smallest of scratches and a majority of error's did interfere.

@[iON]Leviathan: I thought the downgrader might not work with vers. 2.0..

I've already tried to copy the dvd in a whole to HDD,

but my tool, alcohol 120%, didnt even find the dvd in drive!

so maybe the dvd is realy messed up or my tool just sucks.

If you know any other good tool for making DVD-images please post.

@Z3RB1AN: yes, that is the error i always get, my scratches also arend that big.

-

I figured out, there are servers, that allow mod-content, cheats, etc...

but they're just a handfull.

thx, but everytime I try copying I get that mentioned crc-error when copying data2.cab.

So there must be defect sectors on dvd where data2.cab is placed,

therefore I wanna make an image of the gta-dvd.

again, U know any good programs except alcohol 120% ?

thx, but everytime I try copying I get that mentioned crc-error when copying data2.cab.

I think we both have had experienced the same problems, aclohol 120% didnt work for me either, it got to around 55% of the completion and the error just came up. I do remember using another program, i dont fully remember the name of it though that didnt seem to work also.

I had to re-purchase the game in the end which was a waste of money, though it was that or nothing.

If the scratch ain't too big(i have a CD that has a hole(not in the middle :D ) in it) and you DVD ain't a good one(like LG, TEAC, BENQ and some other) that maybe one of the problems why alcohol120% doesn't finish the image proccess. Most new DVD-RW's have a function called "fast skip error blocks"(thats from alcohol), it skips the errors. If you DVD doesn't have that function alcohol will read with something like 20KBs to 200KBs. If the program stops with a error then it doesn't work cuz of your DVD.

Gosh that was just for the DVD burner :wink:

Try a different DVD drive to read the DVD - different drives have different tolerences for scratches etc. Also make sure you use a fairly new drive as they work better with weak sectors and scratched discs.

I also tried clone-cd, but it handles wrong when imaging game-dvds.

CloneCD can do the job with a decent DVD drive but you need to change the default settings - use the copy Protected GameCD profile and ensure you edit the profile to copy "Sub-Channel Data" and 'Amplify Weak Sectors'.

I got a stpuid 3 yo Lite-on DVD drive and have no other.

Fixed my connection problems by changing HANDLING.cfg back to original, as far as I now know its the only thing that has to be done to make MTA verification work 8)

But if mod/cheat/whatever -detection changes in next version I`ll have to make sure that I got a dvd with non corupt install files.

thx for all the comments