Has GTA lost it?

Fat Russian

Is GTA losing it?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Is GTA losing it?

• Yes
    • No

Question

I couldn't stop thinkin bout this in school today. I've played most of the GTA games, but with every new one there's less and less atmosphere. In VC for example, u could take the pill thing which would make u go slow-mo and hit cops 10 feet in the air and all that. In San Andreas, they've taken that out.

Next it'll be "Here, [character name], pass all the tests in etiquette school to unlock the new missions," and "Here, [character name], go buy yourself some non-alcoholic beer with this $500,"

Their argument is that its setting a bad example to kids. For one thing, kids shouldn't be playing this game, and even if they are, how dumb would you have to be to get influenced into taking drugs or smashing cars with a baseball bat by a computer game? I'm gonna include a poll to see what you people think, because I seriously hope that the next game will feature all the cool stuff from the earlier GTAs.

I am 15 right now and I was only 11 or 12 when I got GTA2 (or was it 3, I got both the same year)... and yet, I see all these parents blaming R* for the hot coffee mod, even though that it's the kid's fault or whatever for getting the mod, and then, the no more hot coffee site even says that if you dont mod your game, you can't access the minigame. Myself, I got San Andreas when I got a DVD Burner and version 2 was out and bam, no modding. So, I get the patcher and put it to 1.0 and problem solved.

I think though that R* should have prevented the game from accessing those minigames and the scripts, while leaving the modding front open for all the people (like me) who bought it when it got cheaper or purchased a DVD drive. But just not to hijack the topic, I think SA is okay in the sense of all the features.

I remember the mission when you assassinate Salvatore from GTA3, and I felt so much better that I didn't have a old white dude telling me what to do. :P Then I got LCS recently,(Even though the atmosphere is actually pretty good, compared to some of the GTA3 missions,) I beat the game, and traded it to my friend for the NFS Most Wanted game on PSP just because killing isn't that fun by yourself. Also, I think R* did do well, adding multiplayer support over LAN (Wifi I think), but I could never find a group of people with LCS (or a PSP for that matter) big enough for a fun, non-empty city romp with some friends, blasting each other to bits. :D

Most likely though, I think R* should drop the console first launches and launch first on the PC gamers and port to console, rather than the other way around. I think maybe that is why we didn't get R* supported multiplayer after GTA2, because of all the PS2 netcode they would have had to pull off, plus the netcode for PC players too.(Did GTA2 even have R* supported MP?) Well, I have to get to work on an essay for my English class, (I really hate shakespeare) so I guess I'll end my rant here. :)

It's loosing the feel , the atmosphere but not the fun, i mean its one thing to be a yellow dot collecting protection for el burro or uncle fu and its a totally different thing to run around stealing jetpacks and aircraft.I consider VC excellent style-wise, the missions, the speech, the radio, the cars the clothes, everything makes it very classy and enjoyable, i cant say the same for SA alltho the latter has 10x better psihics and its a lot bigger and more complex. It depends on what you are interested in, graphics size and complexity it's headed for the better, enjoyment and atmosphere-wise its in freefall,i can't say i enjoy being an afro american running errands for a dirty cop & such.

I think part of the reason for that is there's too much diversity in SA. You take on way too many roles for it to feel realistic. In GTA3, you're running errands for the mob for half the game, and doing the dirty work for others for the other half. Vice City is more diverse but the atmosphere still does not change much. It is much more realistic than in SA where CJ's life changes drastically every few missions.

.. less and less atmosphere. In VC for example, u could take the pill thing...

You think San Andreas has less atmosphere because the bullet time pill is not in ?

Meh - I think I remember using that in Vice like 3 times.

Personally I think San Andreas is loaded with Atmosphere. You may not like the feel, but there is plenty of it.

Did you actually have to pass the schools in SA to unlock missions ?

I only remember Flight school, which made sense, as it - not unlike loads of other missions - served as a tutorial.

As for the rating, I don´t really care and I am pretty sure Rockstar does not either.

I couldn't stop thinkin bout this in school today. I've played most of the GTA games, but with every new one there's less and less atmosphere. In VC for example, u could take the pill thing which would make u go slow-mo and hit cops 10 feet in the air and all that. In San Andreas, they've taken that out.

Next it'll be "Here, [character name], pass all the tests in etiquette school to unlock the new missions," and "Here, [character name], go buy yourself some non-alcoholic beer with this $500,"

Their argument is that its setting a bad example to kids. For one thing, kids shouldn't be playing this game, and even if they are, how dumb would you have to be to get influenced into taking drugs or smashing cars with a baseball bat by a computer game? I'm gonna include a poll to see what you people think, because I seriously hope that the next game will feature all the cool stuff from the earlier GTAs.